PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with this

mjf232
04-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Anyone now how to get rid of this mark. Some ass in a parking lot must have opened their door into the back of my mirror and left this streak. Its the bottom plastic part. Thanks.

Opeth
04-10-2009, 06:31 PM
I had a problem with some wax I got on that plastic. I used Mother's Back-to-Black. It worked great. It will make the black plastic shiny though and slightly tacky. But it should clean off with a little elbow grease. I would try it on the scrape.

exceldetail
04-11-2009, 10:16 AM
I wouldnt recommend a polish or paint cleaner, as it will probably stain the trim. I would try clay first.

Cliffy
04-12-2009, 06:28 AM
try a pencil eraser or at your local automotive paint supply store a product called Acrysol, made by kent products. It is a minor body solvent.

wreckwriter
04-12-2009, 08:15 AM
I have something very similar but its on my door (paint). Ideas for that? Not meaning to hijack but seems related.

Chewy
04-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Did you try a Magic Eraser on it?

They also work well at removing bugs on glass... Paint too but S-C-R-A-T-C-H clear coat.

On paint I would use a bit of light polishing compound or in Adams' speak Swirl and Haze Remover followed by Machine polish and then wax.

Scratch-X may work too.

Chris