PDA

View Full Version : Rims & DRs

edmanet
04-09-2009, 05:50 AM
BTW 17 inch GTO rims fit our G8.
These rims and tires helped power a cammed G8 in MD to 12.20s all day
long. Just another option to think about.

http://mystudios.com/g8/img_4800.jpg

Mike P
04-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Those looks sweet. I like the Blue Rims for the track.

Those are the same tires that Charlie talks about, right? Mickey Thompson ET Streets?

So 12.2's all day? That is awesome.

What 60' times are you pulling with these on?

Congratulations!!! : )

GeorgeInNePa
04-09-2009, 01:24 PM

Those are the same tires that Charlie talks about, right? Mickey Thompson ET Streets?

Those are ET Street Radials.

The ones that Charlie has and I am ordering this week are bias ply. ET Street.

Confused yet? :wacko:

lol

edmanet
04-09-2009, 01:32 PM

I haven't been to the track with my car yet. It is still at LIVERNOIS. The best sixty he had was 1.74 I believe.

JerzeyGT
04-09-2009, 01:33 PM
BTW 17 inch GTO rims fit our G8.
These rims and tires helped power a cammed G8 in MD to 12.20s all day
long. Just another option to think about.

They bolted right on???? I thought the wheel studs are too big on the g8.. to fit GTO rims.

norm8332
04-09-2009, 02:28 PM
I haven't been to the track with my car yet. It is still at LIVERNOIS. The best sixty he had was 1.74 I believe.

Still no car? I would have lost it by now.

edmanet
04-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Still no car? I would have lost it by now.

I hear ya...

edmanet
04-09-2009, 03:55 PM
They bolted right on???? I thought the wheel studs are too big on the g8.. to fit GTO rims.

As far as I know they bolted right on. Here's his car running a 12.25 with the rims

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14216

g8_795
04-09-2009, 04:02 PM
These are Reggie's wheels and tires. He is a member on this board and the other board. LasT_ResorT_G8.

We are lining up on the 19th at Capitol. I will have my DR's on by then.

Can't wait....

I will get some videos.

shane
04-09-2009, 06:02 PM
hmmm interesting , kinda makes me wish i would have kept some of my wheels and my 2 mickey 275/40/17 ET Drag radials(same thats in the pic)off my gto

edmanet
04-10-2009, 08:48 AM
These are Reggie's wheels and tires. He is a member on this board and the other board. LasT_ResorT_G8.

We are lining up on the 19th at Capitol. I will have my DR's on by then.

Can't wait....

I will get some videos.

I'm signed up also.

g8_795
04-10-2009, 11:01 AM
3 CAMMED G8's ALL RUNNING AT THE SAME TRACK AT THE SAME TIME. Oh my, the mopar's are in some serious trouble.

This is going to kick ass........

Look forward to seeing you there.

Mike P
04-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Those are ET Street Radials.

The ones that Charlie has and I am ordering this week are bias ply. ET Street.

Confused yet? :wacko:

lol

Yes, I am a little confuzzed.... :wacko:

What is the difference between the MT ET Street Radials vs. the bias ply ET Street ones?

Thanks, I can't wait to get some of these Mickey Thompson's on some wheels......

Mike P
04-11-2009, 05:16 AM
Anyone want to chime in on the differences in Mickey Thompson tires?

Can I drive one of these more than the other on the street during the summer?

MANOFSTEEL69
04-11-2009, 05:38 AM
Mike, I had the MT Street Radial IIs on my car. They are a streetable DR. IMO your best bet will be ET Streets and just run them at the track.
BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.114 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Mike P
04-11-2009, 06:26 AM
Mike, I had the MT Street Radial IIs on my car. They are a streetable DR. IMO your best bet will be ET Streets and just run them at the track.

Jay:

Thanks for the input & information. It sounds like I should go with ET Streets for the track only, and probably have specific summer performance tires & dedicated winter tires.....

Thanks again! :)

GeorgeInNePa
04-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Yes, I am a little confuzzed.... :wacko:

What is the difference between the MT ET Street Radials vs. the bias ply ET Street ones?

Thanks, I can't wait to get some of these Mickey Thompson's on some wheels......

Facepalm moment here.

;)

MT ET Street Radials are a radial tire.

MT ET Street tires are a non-radial tire. (bias ply)

MANOFSTEEL69
04-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Jay:

Thanks for the input & information. It sounds like I should go with ET Streets for the track only, and probably have specific summer performance tires & dedicated winter tires.....

Thanks again! :)
That's what I do. :)

BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.114 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Mike P
04-11-2009, 11:33 AM
So, I think I got it.

The Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials would be okay to run on the street, and pretty good for the dragstrip.

But the Mickey Thompson ET Streets (non-radial tire / bias ply) would be not recommended for the streets, but the best option for the dragstrip (other than a full slick). Right?

Here is the MT web page and all the options.....

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php

g8_795
04-11-2009, 11:44 AM
So, I think I got it.

The Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials would be okay to run on the street, and pretty good for the dragstrip.

But the Mickey Thompson ET Streets (non-radial tire / bias ply) would be not recommended for the streets, but the best option for the dragstrip (other than a full slick). Right?

Here is the MT web page and all the options.....

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php

To regurgitate what I have read online when deciding which tire to buy. This is not from my experience but what I have read.

If the track is properly prepped the radials will give you just slightly better results then the non-radials. If the track is not prepped good, the MT Streets (non-radials) will significantly out perform the radials. The radials are also better for normal driving then the non-radial.

I have a new set of MT radials sitting in my garage. The wheels will be here next week.