PDA

View Full Version : Well I pulled the trigger...

Chewy
04-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Well I did it... I committed to the G8 Touring kit with OE height springs.

All together with install and alignment should be around 1800 bucks.

I was contemplating JUST the strut bushes and bearings but after talking to Brad at Modern-Muscle I decided to go for this mini kit. It doesn't replace many of the bushes with poly but it does give me much better springs, shocks and struts. I'm hoping that this will get rid of my creaking and banging front left strut and give me a bit better handling. I can always add sway bars and such later if I want to. I currently have the rear sub frame bushes and just received my BMR rear control arms which I need to install as well. I REALLY hope this wasn't a waste of money. I hope I can feel a little difference in the handling. The track II is what I really wanted but at 4200 installed I can't pull it off. It's a leased car... lol

I went with stock height springs because I need the ground clearance here in the Midwest due to our winters.

Chris

A link to what I bought.

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au/peddersusa/Default.aspx?ProdCode=G8+TOURING+OE

SRG963
04-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Wow, I'm surprised your doing any suspension work on a lease.

That's the only reason I'm not Pedderized :)

Chewy
04-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Wow, I'm surprised your doing any suspension work on a lease.

That's the only reason I'm not Pedderized :)

You only live once and I'm getting married in Nov. Might as well do it now right?

I will probably buy this car when I'm done with it.

Chris

g8_ogre_gt
04-08-2009, 08:42 AM
I learned a long time ago that mods on a lease are a pain in the ass.

Don't throw away any of the stock parts... good chance you might want to put them back on there.

Hope the kit does just want you want it to with your car. :)

Chewy
04-08-2009, 08:58 AM
I learned a long time ago that mods on a lease are a pain in the ass.

Don't throw away any of the stock parts... good chance you might want to put them back on there.

Hope the kit does just want you want it to with your car. :)

We lease our cars from Enterprise Corp. Lease so they just take the car to the nearest wholesaler and get rid of them. If it wasn't I can't see how this would be a big deal. I would just say the stock stuff just wore out so I replaced it... They don't need to know it had 5000 miles on it when I did it... lol

Mine will probably be bought by me as a toy... :)

jimmyban
04-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Good luck! Let me know how you like the shop after all is said and done. I'm considering a full Pedders upgrade but need a place to do the work.

Chewy
04-10-2009, 05:57 AM
Good luck! Let me know how you like the shop after all is said and done. I'm considering a full Pedders upgrade but need a place to do the work.

Others have been VERY happy with them. Brad was also VERY pleasant on the phone to deal with. I have a good feeling...

jbradsh1
04-10-2009, 10:59 AM
You only live once ?

Chris

Who says!? Can't wait to hear some feedback from your touring package install. The way I understand it is that some of the street 1 package is not in the touring package, have I got it right?

Chewy
04-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Who says!? Can't wait to hear some feedback from you touring package install. The way I understand it is that some of the street 1 package is not in the touring package, have I got it right?

No bushing other than the strut bushings.

If I want to install them later I can. I already have the sub frame bushings and I have the BMR rear links so no big whoop!

I think it will take a lot of the wallow I get in the high speed sweepers but I REALLY hope it just gets rid of the clunking and creaking I have.

The springs are harder so the ride will be rougher but I think in a good way.

I will MORE than comment about it.

NO ONE ever gets this kit. They always go for the more $$ kit. I think for a DD this will suffice.

Chris

jbradsh1
04-10-2009, 01:13 PM
No bushing other than the strut bushings.

If I want to install them later I can. I already have the sub frame bushings and I have the BMR rear links so no big whoop!

I think it will take a lot of the wallow I get in the high speed sweepers but I REALLY hope it just gets rid of the clunking and creaking I have.

The springs are harder so the ride will be rougher but I think in a good way.

I will MORE than comment about it.

NO ONE ever gets this kit. They always go for the more $$ kit. I think for a DD this will suffice.

Chris

I'm inclined to agree. I'm looking at the street l, or maaaaybe the street ll kit, with sway bars. But that's about it as they don't have any corners other than 90 degree ones where I live in Florida.