PDA

View Full Version : JeTTTstream Stg 3 CAI & IAT-Relo kit!

'02 ws6
04-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Got it today and did the install. First things first, Mike is a really easy guy to work with, very quick to respond to any questions, and has a really good business up and coming!:woohoo:

Really easy to install, pretty straight forward. The hardware in it is really good. I like the silicone, and the black/aluminum look is killer!

Performance is great! It's got the usual deeper growl when you add a CAI, but I didn't know that it would be that noticeable. I'm set up for a tune next Tues if all goes well, but as of now I can definitely feel it in the SOTP! I'm betting it'll get similar dyno #s to the likes of the Rotos, Volants, and NE elbow style CAIs!

IAT-R kit was plug and play simple! I punched a hole in the silicone as my drill was dead, so I couldn't go through the aluminum tube @ the filter, but it's still only 3" from the top of the filter so all should be well!

Dyno #s, track numbers, as well as IAT temp readings soon!

(I know DIRTY!, we had a wind storm blow through here past weekend, and I live next to a pasture...:hang:) Painting cover tomorrow so I'll have even better pics.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o284/yeti8102/pic15.jpg

GRRRR8
04-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Looks good. Now change your title to 1 Mod-erator. :)

'02 ws6
04-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Can I count the IAT-R as a mod so I can have Dos?!:)

I have the mods rolling now. GXP diffuser, UDP, install the JeTTTstream hoses I won, tuned, then perhaps some exhaust work.....all coming w/in next few weeks

oh yea....almost forgot about the GAS!!!:devil:

jetttstream
04-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Can't wait! Looks great!

I'm glad your wife likes it too!!!

-Mike

'02 ws6
04-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Update: Still untuned.....Gained .5 sec and 5-6 MPH at the track, forgot to do the M3 trick so maybe some more. Love this CAI, looks like it's holding it's own with the Roto Fabs and New Era intakes for 2/3 the price!

G8GT594
04-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Did you do the LP mod.. seems like the intake sits way down there so that would help keep the IAT's down as well.

'02 ws6
04-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Nope, no LP mod, wife won't let me cut up stuff yet.

GRRRR8
04-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Dont tell her! :spank:

G8GT594
04-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Nope, no LP mod, wife won't let me cut up stuff yet.

Ya, she won't notice, just don't let her take off the air filter or she will see the cut out LOL.

'02 ws6
04-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Well she's very aware of her surroundings, and quite knowledgeable of my aspirations of the panel mod. So she might put two and two together when me and Mr. Sawz-all are just, "Going outside to....uh....er.....cut some limbs down." :)

GRRRR8
04-19-2009, 07:44 PM
I ran over a tree and I need to cut into smaller pieces to get it out. OOOPS! the blade slipped! Presto! Lower panel mod done. :)

'02 ws6
04-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Good excuse, I may try it.:)

ChicagoG8GT
05-06-2009, 12:19 PM
who sells this intake?

g8_ogre_gt
05-06-2009, 12:20 PM
JeTTTstream... they are a sponsor

Mr louis
05-06-2009, 12:36 PM
WooHoo orderd mine with the ATSRK.Can't wait for my first mods.

jetttstream
05-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I have no idea what ATSRK means (actually I do..)

But it is called the IAT-R (intake air temp relocation)

We sell it. Check out our radiator hoses too!

www.jetttstream.com :)

-Mike

'02 ws6
05-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Mike,

A question presented itself on the IAT-R review thread, but I'll ask it here as well. We all know the VMS HSRK's IAT sensor has been upgraded, which in turn makes it react quicker to temp changes. Are your sensors upgraded similarly as well. The buying member on the review thread said it was, I was just wanting to clarify. Thanks.

vert
05-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Mike,

A question presented itself on the IAT-R review thread, but I'll ask it here as well. We all know the VMS HSRK's IAT sensor has been upgraded, which in turn makes it react quicker to temp changes. Are your sensors upgraded similarly as well. The buying member on the review thread said it was, I was just wanting to clarify. Thanks.

I would also like to know.

jetttstream
05-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Mike,

Hey!

Believe it or not the 'normal' sensor is just that. A stock LS1 sensor. We tested a bunch of them and I picked out the fastest one. I have had great success with the brand.

I had made a few of the 'upgrade' ones from instructions found thru the GTO website by changing the thermistor.

During my testing with my personal TrailBlazer, I found no faster result with the 'fast' sensor (not the one I made but another companies) vs. the stock sensor, so I only carry the stock LS1 sensor now. I don't have anything to publish b/c I'm not looking to start a war or drama...I have enough of that with Trailblazer parts. Like I said I could not see any faster reacting properties with any thermistor change...either one I made or one that was bought second hand (read:used).

Long story short if some wants to put our sensor (choice) up against another sensor (stock or modified) I am open game.

I hope that clears things up.

IAT-R (intake air temp *relocation*) put the sensor away from heat and true cold air.

I feel the internet is a 'free enterprise' so I'm not changing anything by reposting what can be found:

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4590961

here is an interesting read:

http://www.ss-shootout.com/hsrk-results.html

Don't copy and paste any text from the site or the owner will come after you.

-Mike

vert
05-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Thanks Mike, I guess I picked up the last one in stock for now. I needed one bad since my vararam has temps +20 ambient and my tune will be here soon.

'02 ws6
05-07-2009, 04:11 AM
Thanks for the info Mike, I wasn't trying to start a debate/comparison, just getting some clarity.

jetttstream
05-07-2009, 05:21 AM
Thanks for the info Mike, I wasn't trying to start a debate/comparison, just getting some clarity.

Trust me. Me either.

I really like VMS and their products and their extensive support. I would not want to burn any bridge with them....especially since I want them to do my head/cam package on my TBSS! ha.

-Mike

eggydoo
05-07-2009, 09:04 AM
do you have any pictures? I bought a used Rotofab and currently has a hole for the VMS HSRK. Wondering if this one will fit.

'02 ws6
05-07-2009, 10:35 AM
I would imagine the same size grommet/sensor is used between the two, so it should fit.
BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

the driver
05-07-2009, 11:15 AM
That's a bAAAd looking intake right there!!! If I didn't already have my CF Roto-Fab, I'd be all over one. This would've worked better for what I originally wanted to do.

Free bump for some awesome looking products!!

ChicagoG8GT
05-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Do I need the maf extension thing for the stage 3? What size drill should I use for the IAT-R kit?

eggydoo
05-08-2009, 08:27 AM
I would imagine the same size grommet/sensor is used between the two, so it should fit.
BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Jettstream,
Do you know if yours is the same size grommet/sensor as VMS since my intake was pre-drilled.

Mr louis
05-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Mine arived today it fits great.

jetttstream
05-14-2009, 03:54 AM
Jettstream,
Do you know if yours is the same size grommet/sensor as VMS since my intake was pre-drilled.

The grommet I have is the factory grommet (Charlie posted the part number somewhere)

-Mike