PDA

View Full Version : My audio plan...

Blackdevil77
08-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Here is what i wanted to do, now i just need to know from you if it can be done. I want to get a 4 channel amp for the interior speakers, get new interior speakers and get a new sub and amp all without going behind the dashboard or center console. I'm guessing that box at the top of the trunk is the interior speaker amp and i know the amp for the sub is next to the battery. Now i just want to know if i can just buy after market amps and just wire them with the wires that go into the stock amps? All except for power which id get directly from the battery which is already located in the trunk. Can this be done?

GeorgeInNePa
08-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Here is what i wanted to do, now i just need to know from you if it can be done. I want to get a 4 channel amp for the interior speakers, get new interior speakers and get a new sub and amp all without going behind the dashboard or center console. I'm guessing that box at the top of the trunk is the interior speaker amp and i know the amp for the sub is next to the battery. Now i just want to know if i can just buy after market amps and just wire them with the wires that go into the stock amps? All except for power which id get directly from the battery which is already located in the trunk. Can this be done?

I thought the box under the rear package shelf (top of the trunk ;) ), was the On-Star box.

I'm leaving the audio exactly as is. When I drive the car and have no passengers, I typicly leave the radio off, the better to hear the RotoFab and headers growling.

:)

Chewy
08-28-2008, 04:37 AM
I believe the head unit powers the mids and highs and the subs are driven from the little amp near the battery. The boxes mounted under the rear deck lid are Onstar and XM if so equipped.

Blackdevil77
08-28-2008, 01:53 PM
damn it! lol. So im guessing its not possible to add a 4 channel amp in the car for the interior speakers without going behind the dash right?

GT-610
08-28-2008, 02:03 PM
believe it or not,the head unit powers my aftermarket speaker quite well!

All i did was add subs and an amp for them and all wiring was done in the trunk-not hard at all!

the subs will shake the hair on your head and the door speakers are easily loud enough to balance it out

Blackdevil77
08-28-2008, 03:44 PM
believe it or not,the head unit powers my aftermarket speaker quite well!

All i did was add subs and an amp for them and all wiring was done in the trunk-not hard at all!

the subs will shake the hair on your head and the door speakers are easily loud enough to balance it out

are they really? The stock speakers with amp aren't loud enough for me now. Unless the mid's and high's would be louder with ONLY speakers, im gonna need somemore power. What are the efficiency of the stock speakers?

hotshot2003
08-29-2008, 07:07 AM
It is very easy to get to what you need on the radio in order to hook up the four channel amp. You pull the one panel on the side of the console down, pull off the side panel near the radio, and if you want, drop the glove box(about 6 screws IIRC) to give you more room to access this. Its pretty simple.

GT-610
08-29-2008, 08:15 PM
they are twice as loud when they dont have to push any bass,and after you switch to aftermarket with a higher db sensitivty

they are loud enough to make your ears ring in five seconds after about 40 on the volume...trust me.you can always add the amp later.still have to put them in anyhow.

vegasg
09-06-2008, 09:52 AM

it is possible to add a 4 channel amp aftermarket. you will need to get a hi lo converter which basically cleans up the signal to the amp. many different companies make them. i prefer audio control (just my preference) they make the LC6 and LC8.

GT-610
09-06-2008, 11:01 AM
the MTX re-q works great for me-litlle over 100bucks

Blackdevil77
09-06-2008, 04:12 PM
they are twice as loud when they dont have to push any bass,and after you switch to aftermarket with a higher db sensitivty

they are loud enough to make your ears ring in five seconds after about 40 on the volume...trust me.you can always add the amp later.still have to put them in anyhow.

which polks do you have? I've been lookin at some of them. I love polk speakers

Weldon
09-06-2008, 04:14 PM
i think you should use the money u want to use on the speakers and buy MODS...the system that comes in it does just fine.

Blackdevil77
09-06-2008, 04:16 PM
i think you should use the money u want to use on the speakers and buy MODS...the system that comes in it does just fine.

lol. Don't worry bout dem mods. Before i get these im getting the Roto-fab CAI and the VMS HSRK. I already got me a tune from Kaltech. Modding wasn't forgotten. System does do fine, but me being an audiophile requires more.

GT-610
09-06-2008, 05:09 PM
well,i do forget the exact model,but if you are part of next weeks meet,I'll show ya everything I did and have the specs for you,Blackdevil

as far as the stereo being just fine,I could say the same for the engine and tranny,but some of us need speed AND sound!:angeldevil:

Blackdevil77
09-06-2008, 05:29 PM
well,i do forget the exact model,but if you are part of next weeks meet,I'll show ya everything I did and have the specs for you,Blackdevil

as far as the stereo being just fine,I could say the same for the engine and tranny,but some of us need speed AND sound!:angeldevil:

Meet is friday same place? I have work until 730 or 8 i believe. I can meet up again right after i get out. Just let me know were yall are.

flomofo
01-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Just wondering if 6 screws is all I need to undo on the glovebox. It then just falls off? Or do I need to be careful popping things off?

Trying to be carefuly with this delicate thing and not enough light when I get home to see everything.

I plan on installing a re-q5 so I'm going to have to learn how to take apart the kick panel area, the center pillar area between the doors, possibly the rear seat and the rear panel.

So if anybody has taken this stuff apart tell me if theres any surprises, especially with the rear deck, I don't want to contribute to the rattle.