PDA

View Full Version : Pontiac G8 takes down the BMW 5 Series!

Lopedawg
04-06-2009, 10:16 PM
I thought this was a cool video. How much of this is true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR9plT_UU6Y

Chewy
04-07-2009, 05:03 AM
LOL that's pretty old... Maybe a year now...

My dad has a 5 series and while the G8 may be faster than all but the M5 it ISN'T anywhere as good in the build department. I have creaks and groans and my front strut bushings and bearings are shot. You DO get what you pay for.

The interior materials are overall about 10 times nicer and the car is much quieter.

That being said... For 30,000 dollars the G8 is hard to beat.

Comparing the two really isn't fair to the G8 IMO.

Rayvan
04-07-2009, 08:14 AM
If it's a 525 series, even my old 225 HP Firebird would take it....

r33pwrd
04-07-2009, 08:41 AM
GM should do more commercials like this...

G8GXP4now
04-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Do you really think a person set on buying a 5 series will even consider a Pontiac? Isn't just saying you own a BMW what those buyers are really after?

Chewy
04-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Do you really think a person set on buying a 5 series will even consider a Pontiac? Isn't just saying you own a BMW what those buyers are really after?

Most 3 series buyers are after the name... I'm sure the 1 series will be the same way but I have drive a lot of different Bimmers and I loved them all.

Tight, handle well, quiet, and have some cool options. I love "Euro trash!"

Slizzo
04-07-2009, 07:01 PM
LOL that's pretty old... Maybe a year now...

My dad has a 5 series and while the G8 may be faster than all but the M5 it ISN'T anywhere as good in the build department. I have creaks and groans and my front strut bushings and bearings are shot. You DO get what you pay for.

The interior materials are overall about 10 times nicer and the car is much quieter.

That being said... For 30,000 dollars the G8 is hard to beat.

Comparing the two really isn't fair to the G8 IMO.

I have none of the issues with my G8 that you have.

Noise however, there is quite a bit of wind noise while driving at highway speeds. But yes, for the money, you can't beat a G8.

flomofo
04-10-2009, 06:15 PM
I can't get over paying that much for a car with an extemely under-powered drivetrain thats starting at around 45 to 50 thousand out the door this year.

The pontiac is fun to compare only because the drivetrain gives you a lot more bang for your buck with a small amount of money, cus I know if I had 5 series money I'd save up a little more and get a cts-v...