PDA

View Full Version : '08 G8 GT vs '09 G8 GT

'02 ws6
04-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Well as some might have read on another post, I have a clone, both to my TA and G8, owned by son (TA) and mother (G8). Well I've been giving this kid crap for weeks, coincidentally he works where I do too lol, about how both of my cars will beat his, and that I'm going to put Obi Wan on my plates 'cuz I'm fighting of clones (Star Wars reference).

Today going to Wal-Mart we spot his mothers car, same color, but has 18" wheels as we have the 19". My wife was driving, and as we pull up next to it doing about 35, I see the kid is driving it instead of his mom. Luckily we catch a light, and naturally my windows down and I'm already giving him shit. Now, as some remember, my wife won our local races @ the airport last year, using a pro tree on the start, so she's really quick to the throttle on green.

Before I give the race results, this should be a fair testament to the GM ECM/TCM update, as my G8 has it but otherwise bone stock, his is still bone stock from factory as well.

My wife decides to stall up a bit but not much, maybe 1k rpm or so, he's over there stalled completely lol, slightly spinning the tires. The light hits green, and were off, wife's reactions were really damn quick, as I'm already looking at his front fender w/in 60ft. Going through second I can really tell that our trans is shifting quite a bit firmer than his, as we seem to be shifting at closely the same time, but each time we nudge foward about 5-6ft. We kill 'em both at around 115 w/ us a good 1-1 1/2 cars in front.

Now the reaction to the light is the main factor, but our trans shifting (in sport shifting itself, he was doing the same) was on a whole different level, and added insult to injury.:woohoo:

bowtiefan
04-05-2009, 04:26 PM
I took my car to the dealer last week for an On-Star issue. On-Star performed a remote vehicle diagnostic on my car and said something was wrong with my battery--long and short, my dealer could not find anything wrong with the battery, so not sure what On-Star was talking about. Anyway, while I was there, the dealer performed 2 ECM/VCM updates -- #8150 and #8254 -- that were outstanding on my '08 GT. The car seems to shift smoother now and pulls very strong. So the update does seem to work.

jbradsh1
04-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Well as some might have read on another post, I have a clone, both to my TA and G8, owned by son (TA) and mother (G8). Well I've been giving this kid crap for weeks, coincidentally he works where I do too lol, about how both of my cars will beat his, and that I'm going to put Obi Wan on my plates 'cuz I'm fighting of clones (Star Wars reference).

Today going to Wal-Mart we spot his mothers car, same color, but has 18" wheels as we have the 19". My wife was driving, and as we pull up next to it doing about 35, I see the kid is driving it instead of his mom. Luckily we catch a light, and naturally my windows down and I'm already giving him shit. Now, as some remember, my wife won our local races @ the airport last year, using a pro tree on the start, so she's really quick to the throttle on green.

Before I give the race results, this should be a fair testament to the GM ECM/TCM update, as my G8 has it but otherwise bone stock, his is still bone stock from factory as well.

My wife decides to stall up a bit but not much, maybe 1k rpm or so, he's over there stalled completely lol, slightly spinning the tires. The light hits green, and were off, wife's reactions were really damn quick, as I'm already looking at his front fender w/in 60ft. Going through second I can really tell that our trans is shifting quite a bit firmer than his, as we seem to be shifting at closely the same time, but each time we nudge foward about 5-6ft. We kill 'em both at around 115 w/ us a good 1-1 1/2 cars in front.

Now the reaction to the light is the main factor, but our trans shifting (in sport shifting itself, he was doing the same) was on a whole different level, and added insult to injury.:woohoo:

Take her out to dinner! She earned it ...

bigwillys58
04-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Take her out to dinner! She earned it ...

that aint no kiddin! i gotta find me a woman like that!

'02 ws6
04-06-2009, 07:39 PM
It's GRRRR8! Nothing like some competitive love @ the local racetrack!

She's definitely going to be surprising some people when the nitrous install is done. Waiting for some -4an hoses and I'll finally get underway with it. Nobody will be expecting a girl to be spraying a 4 door that's for sure!:devil:

Honestly, I love racing, but watching her/riding with her racing is awesome. Especially watching her win the class last year, I had more fun than watching her than I did racing that day.