PDA

View Full Version : downshifting

TurboSS
04-05-2009, 02:48 PM
i have noticed that my tranny wont downshift into 1st above 23mph. at 20 or 23mph and WOT it hits 1st pretty fast but if your at 24 it only hits 2nd reguardless of auto or sport mode. i checked my VIN # and looks like my car needed the tranny update...however the dealer was SUPPOSE to have already done this ( it was delivered to my dealer from another ). i have tried to get the update 2 times now. their response "we cant just put the update in your car unless you file a complaint" so i said ok...i'm complaining. then they wanted my keys and said "we'll check it out and get back to you" i said " F YOU, your body shop put 3miles on my car to repair rock dings....like i trust your ass" so they refused to even ride with me. these fockers are being a pain in my ass about this update. they wouldnt even plug into my car to tell me what TCM update i had.
so my question....it my shifting thing normal or a sign of needing the update.
thanks for any help guys.

randy

r33pwrd
04-05-2009, 03:22 PM
tune will fix it..

locrzn#92
04-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Was it Bellman or one of the others in Louie?

TurboSS
04-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Was it Bellman or one of the others in Louie?

dave sinclair in south county

jbradsh1
04-05-2009, 07:43 PM
i have noticed that my tranny wont downshift into 1st above 23mph. at 20 or 23mph and WOT it hits 1st pretty fast but if your at 24 it only hits 2nd reguardless of auto or sport mode. i checked my VIN # and looks like my car needed the tranny update...however the dealer was SUPPOSE to have already done this ( it was delivered to my dealer from another ). i have tried to get the update 2 times now. their response "we cant just put the update in your car unless you file a complaint" so i said ok...i'm complaining. then they wanted my keys and said "we'll check it out and get back to you" i said " F YOU, your body shop put 3miles on my car to repair rock dings....like i trust your ass" so they refused to even ride with me. these fockers are being a pain in my ass about this update. they wouldnt even plug into my car to tell me what TCM update i had.
so my question....it my shifting thing normal or a sign of needing the update.
thanks for any help guys.

randy

Tell them that you're willing to cooperate with them, i.e., let them check out your car, but no unnecessary driving it around please.

gearhead455
04-06-2009, 02:09 AM
I wonder if my car needs this,how can I tell from the Vin.#?

'02 ws6
04-06-2009, 05:17 AM
Man that's unfortunate they're being stingy with an update that is already entitled to you lol.

I simply called our local Pontiac dealer (bought car @ different one BTW), and told them the Warranty dept from the dealership I bought it from, called me and recommended I get the newest updates. He kindly obliged and set me up with an appointment.
BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

TurboSS
04-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Tell them that you're willing to cooperate with them, i.e., let them check out your car, but no unnecessary driving it around please.

i just found out my tuner/builder is good friends with a guy at a chevy/pontiac dealer in north saint louis. already talked to him and he's going to plug in and see whats up :)

G8-4-Speed
04-09-2009, 06:39 PM
My 09 didn't like to downshift either. Bought the HPT to fix it. Doubt you will see a shift point change with an update.

shane
04-09-2009, 07:30 PM
well i called today on mine since its a early 09, it was updated before i got it.