PDA

View Full Version : I knew it would happen....

kevinm0131
04-04-2009, 07:32 PM
So there I was cruising along I-71 taking the wife to the outlet mall when all of a sudden the V-1 goes braaappp! Look up and let off the gas and just behind the bridge up ahead is one of Ohio's finest making some extra cash for the state courtesy of yours truly. 89.88 in a 65 according to his laser. Certainly sucks....haven't had ticket in quite some time. Made a little better that, as he is walking up to my car he, flags down the sebring convertible who had been trying to hang onto my bumper...he scored a twofer! The bright side of this, I had been up to 120 just a mile before, but then traffic started to get heavy and I was backing off.....not soon enough! Oh well at least the wife thought it was funny and surprised it hadn't happened already! Said maybe they should factor the extra tickets into the payments when you get one of these!
Kevin:devil:

johnh
04-12-2009, 05:13 AM
Never ever go over 75 mph in Ohio. Ohio is very enthusiastic in their speed enforcement.

MANOFSTEEL69
04-12-2009, 05:22 AM
Never ever go over 75 mph in Ohio. Ohio is very enthusiastic in their speed enforcement.

Safest bet is 72 max in a 65 zone....Little insider info from the two Staties I have in my neighborhood. You outta try having my car and having two Staties, a sherriffs deputy and a township cop all on the same block. Lol! Oh that's right...They love the car :woohoo::devil:

Darkside
04-12-2009, 05:29 AM
Ohio is definately bad, especially on second shift or weekends. Thats when the junior guys tend to work. On my trip to Vector, I only saw one in Ohio but well over a dozen in Michigan. Three of the stops were having the cars searched.

GM_Fan
04-12-2009, 06:24 AM

I never understood if Ohio is hard on speeders, why are Ohio drivers pre programmed to drive 95-100 mph in Indiana where you get a ticket for 5 mph over easily.

bobyoung
04-16-2009, 08:46 PM
You guys ought to move to MA, go 80-85 every day with no problems on the turnpikes, the state cops blow right by you.

foreosu
04-17-2009, 04:28 AM
Knock on wood, but as of tomorrow (Apr 18), I will have had this car for exactly one year and no tickets!! :woohoo:

I've had many a close call, but thankfully nothing yet.

GeoffA
04-17-2009, 06:55 AM
You guys ought to move to MA, go 80-85 every day with no problems on the turnpikes, the state cops blow right by you.

Is that why all Mass drivers drive in the left hand lane and don't move out of the way
:no:

Top Speed
04-17-2009, 07:38 AM
New GA Law:

Driving over 85 mph or more anywhere in Georgia and 75 mph or more on a two lane road will be classified as a "super speeding" offense, adding an additional fine of $200, which will be administered by the Georgia Department of Driver Services.

They gotta catch me first!!!

Mike P
04-17-2009, 07:52 AM

Massachusetts FTW!!! :)

N2G8GXP
05-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Hey I have decided what the X stands for in the GXP, "here is your license, registration and sign on the X. I caught you doing 83 in 65 but reduced it to 76 because in Virginia 83 is reckless driving!" I have driven this stretch of 81 near Bristol for years and even know where they sit, just was jamming not paying attention to my speed, even was passed by a blazer which was flying but the deputy chose me by the way he lliked the car.
-deb

the driver
05-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Is that why all Mass drivers drive in the left hand lane and don't move out of the way
:no:

Alas, that's why we refer to them as Massholes!!:nah:

In all seriousness, though. RI drivers are far worse.

p71
05-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Ohio is definately bad.

Yeah... Ohio sucks.

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DewieJr
05-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Sorry but I live at the 70/75 interchange (worst place in Ohio supposedly for speed/radar) and avg 80mph all the time and never have a problem in Ohio. Just bad luck for you all I guess.

DewieJr
05-11-2009, 01:19 AM
Yeah... Ohio sucks.

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that, except I don't like or dislike Michigan, I just HATE OHIO STATE!

GO GATORS!