PDA

View Full Version : Windshield glass water spots...remove them the same way?

TonyKarter
04-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Boy, did I learn a lesson this week. Don't ever wash a car when the wind is blowing 25mph. It dries the water quicker than you can put more on to keep it wet. I got water spots everywhere, including the glass. Tried the glass cleaner made specifically for auto glass. The spots laughed and spit in its general direction.
Do I use the same stuff that takes water spots off the car body on the glass water spots? Does someone make a product just for the glass? This dog wants to learn some new tricks.

Thanks, for the info in advance!

EL REY
04-04-2009, 04:15 PM
i am really really REALLY thinking of using something like CLR to remove all the spots i get esp when i use the wipers..

MojaveG8
04-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Vinegar works wonders on water spots. We have used it for years to get spots off the boats. Light mixture of vinegar to lots of water. Smells

Devilish34
04-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Use your wifes Kirby to clean the windshield

jk do what Mojave said just keep is off the paint

-Ray-
04-05-2009, 04:36 AM
i am really really REALLY thinking of using something like CLR to remove all the spots i get esp when i use the wipers..

I wouldn't do this. There are other less aggressive products that will do the job.
RainX after the windshield is clean.

Ktlplxm
04-05-2009, 05:48 AM
A time consuming but effective method is baking soda. Pour a small amount into a little bowl, dampen a cloth and pat a small amount of baking soda on to the cloth. Apply ot the windshield in small circles kinda like waxing. It takes a little bit but it will pull it off. Effectively it is the same compound as what GM sold for years as their hevay duty waterspot remover, Bon Ami

-Ray-
04-05-2009, 06:42 AM
In the old days, (think 1972), Detailers used a liquid cleanser with fine steel wool to clean new car windshields. When it was dry you just wiped it off. Of course you had to wash the car after wards because there was dust all over it.

MRM
04-09-2009, 09:38 AM
The guys that did my window tinting also do some paint and body work too. When I got my car back, I have what looks like overspray on the outside of the windshield. I used clay bar and window cleaner to get it off. A little came off, but not much. I could go over it again that way, but was wondering what else would take it off in one shot that also won't scratch the glass?

jboogie
04-10-2009, 07:02 AM
distilled white vinegar will remove water spots on glass and paint. all u have to do is wash the car normally with it. just try to avoid getting it into the air vents under the windshield. once it gets in there the inside of your car will smell like a douche for a while.

if its just the glass u want to clean a razor blade works good also. just make sure its a new one. Steel wool works good also. just make sure its not too ruff.

exceldetail
04-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Vinegar on a rag, wipe it down......

Chewy
04-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Vinegar on a rag, wipe it down......

Agreed and then clay the window...

I use Adam's products but any clay and detailer WITHOUT silicon will work.

Chris