PDA

View Full Version : I really hope...

SFC
08-27-2008, 09:22 AM
this site doesn't become a bunch of money grubbing whores. Hypocrite much? GRRRR8, weren't you banned for talking about "other vendors", because they could screw the forum users, and all of the "sponsored" vendors were somehow safe for users to do business with? :lol:

Yes, we have read this thread. The forum does not vet potential site sponsors as long as their money is good - unless the forum or person in charge of the forum's vendor program has known issues with said vendor. We are not Hemmings where there is a procedure for removing vendors based on consumer complaints. The forum world is more buyer beware than almost anywhere (outside of ebay). Know before you buy. Try to resolve issues with seller (or buyer) behind the scenes. Post up unresolved problems like here (but not in the vendor's subforum) ONLY IF YOU HAVE VALID PROOF AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED RECOURSE THROUGH NORMAL CHANNELS. If enough valid complaints about ANY vendor can be substantiated I would presume there could be some admin action.

But I'll help you with some of your determinations. Jump directly to this post (http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4609013&postcount=50)
and read the closing admin comment (http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4612455&postcount=86)

Valid complaints can be one thing - bashing is another. And what we have here despite that the GTO is also a Holden product, despite that Group A is a vendor there and here; what we have here is a new member whose first post is venom against a site sponsor who has no otherwise negativity on our site (maybe no sales yet?)

Besides I challenge anyone to find a wheel made in America. Some will come from Germany (BBS) Italy (O-Z) but most are from China anyway.

wreckwriter
08-27-2008, 09:27 AM
This site will NOT become "a bunch of money grubbing whores". I'm real sure of that.

Chewy
08-27-2008, 11:04 AM
I can just about give you a 100% guarantee of that!

This isn't the same kind of forum as that is. This forum isn't a revenue stream.

It's to help it's users.

GRRRR8
08-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Never gonna happen! My ban was because I sent incorrect invites and a had post deleted twice and I went off. This is a no Bash site, Period. Look how many times I tell people No Bashing.

00 Trans Ram
08-27-2008, 12:44 PM
I don't know, Charlie. I'm a whore, and I'll take all the money y'all want to give me.

EC-Ryder
08-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Well guys this is my take…There’s nothing at all wrong with making money so long as your principals and your word which is your bond stays intact. Yes I know that’s going WAYyy back, but today a lot of companies are seeing themselves deep in the $hit hole because they abandoned their commitment to their reputation. :footstomp:

Bottom line is, if a vendor is pushing worthless crap on your site, and the other side of the story is not allowed to be told by your more connoisseur members they are going to leave regardless to whether if U ban them or not. The naïve ones that rely on your site for guidance are going to suffer and so will U and the reputation of your site when they leave and spread the word.

But if U allow different points of view that are reasonably true and in good taste of conduct, or if the vendor cannot prove or substantiate his claims then it’s on him. But U should be ok because they have heard all sides of the issue on your site.

Sometimes worth while claims are bombed by conflicting interest on someone’s part, and we all have been victims of that also at one time or another, maybe even without knowing it at the time.

As a rule therefore, I’m always skeptical of claims and stories especially in advertisements and the media who I believe are the worst whores’ b\c everyone believes they tell an impartial story because they keep telling us that they do but they don’t.

But it’s looking good so far! :thumbsup:

Cheers!

GRRRR8
08-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Very well put EC as always. I will sum it up for everyone including admin and mods, If I wont put a product on my car you wont be a vendor. If you have a shit reputation, you wont be a vendor. If you do not supply product or pay you wont be a vendor. I hope that clears that up! Charlie

EcoBrick Bob
08-27-2008, 03:13 PM
If you want to see "real policing heavy handedness" just visit some of the "Hurricane Forums"

Post after post is sent to the gravyard..

Common to see "probation and 5 day cool-downs"

Hard to see how GRRRR8 Forum could be much more user friendly...

Great place to chat.. lots of great facts and help.... with only a little BS.

Rob

:ban:

GRRRR8
08-27-2008, 03:18 PM
I learned what EC posted the hard way. Now when I post on other sites its about my car, my products or comment on things my friends write about. I will not get caught up in it anymore.............Hopefully! :shf: