PDA

View Full Version : Vector doesn't want my business

bbutler455
04-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Guys am I being unreasonable? In January Vector Motorsports offered me a CAI tune package at a good price. They also offered the tune only for a discount if i wanted to wait for the Vararam.

Now I have my Vararam and I called to see if the price was still available. I left a message for Kirk. Never called me back.

I sent a nice email explaining what had transpired and stated:

"I can understand, now that the Vararam is out, that your business has picked up considerably. The purpose of this email is to reassure you that I am not trying to take advantage of your generosity. I would like to get the $XXX price we discussed, but if the situation has changed then I understand.

Please let me know your best price for the VMS tune and I will place my order immediately."

I did not get any response.

I own two businesses and understand that messages get lost. So, I called a week later and left a message for Steve. (I am pretty sure it was Steve I spoke with in January) I NEVER GOT A CALL BACK!

I've heard good things about the VMS tune but can't do business with a company that is too busy to return my call or email. How much time would it have taken to reply to my email to say "Sorry business has picked up and we can't give you the wholesale price we discussed". Great, I appeciate the response. Here is my order.

What should a reasonable business person think about this?

MANOFSTEEL69
04-03-2009, 02:14 PM
You might have just got lost in the shuffle. Remember these Vendors aren't just spending time on this site anf this make of car.send Kirk and Steve a PM and call again. I'm sure they will get back to ypu.
BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.114 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

r33pwrd
04-03-2009, 02:18 PM
You might have just got lost in the shuffle. Remember these Vendors aren't just spending time on this site anf this make of car.send Kirk and Steve a PM and call again. I'm sure they will get back to ypu.
BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.114 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

+1

-Ray-
04-03-2009, 03:42 PM
How long do you think the offer should be extended to you?
In my business, quotes are good for 30 days. Generally Winter is a slow time for business in cold climates. Now it's Spring.........

BluYa76
04-03-2009, 04:08 PM
How long do you think the offer should be extended to you?
In my business, quotes are good for 30 days. Generally Winter is a slow time for business in cold climates. Now it's Spring.........

That's true, but he did state he would understand if the pricing has changed then that is fine also and yet no response from them. I don't think you're out of line on this, but I would try PM's and maybe one more call and then call it quits with them. Busy or not, a business is a business and in these troubled times they should make an effort to get on those messages and return them.

That's my 2 cents... (some times not worth much)

Tim

Devilish34
04-03-2009, 04:18 PM
IMO you are in the right but I would call Monday when they open as explain this to...(I forget her name) the receptionist. I would be surprised if Kirk or Steve do not respond to this thread when they see it.

Or $300 gets you Kirks cell# jk :)

-Ray-
04-03-2009, 04:20 PM
That's true, but he did state he would understand if the pricing has changed then that is fine also and yet no response from them. I don't think you're out of line on this, but I would try PM's and maybe one more call and then call it quits with them. Busy or not, a business is a business and in these troubled times they should make an effort to get on those messages and return them.

That's my 2 cents... (some times not worth much)

Tim

Kirk is very reasonable. I have heard of him extending a retune to someone who had actually gotten the tune from someone else.
I called the shop today and got a response.

bbutler455
04-03-2009, 06:24 PM
I appreciate the support. My initial impression of Vector was very positive. They seemed like decent people and were very reasonable when I talked with them in January. That is what is so baffling. What happened? Are they swamped? Is there some mis-understanding? Hard to tell without a return call or email.

djchubbs
04-03-2009, 07:00 PM
The point of having specials is when it is convenient for the seller not the buyer. Should have takne the advantage when you had the chance.

r33pwrd
04-03-2009, 07:32 PM
The point of having specials is when it is convenient for the seller not the buyer. Should have takne the advantage when you had the chance.

I think his point is he never got any type or response... deal or no deal most people would expect atleast a response of some sort.

locrzn#92
04-03-2009, 07:38 PM
He stated the discount was extended until he could get a Vararam. He couldn't get the
Vararam in January.

Darkside
04-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Are they swamped? Is there some mis-understanding? Hard to tell without a return call or email.

I would say that they are pretty busy. It took almost a month to get an appointment for in house work. Steve or Kirk will get back with you, and the wait will be well worth it. I'm going there Monday and can pass on the info.

-Ray-
04-04-2009, 03:41 AM
PM Steve. Kirk is busy in the shop and doesn't have a whole lot of time to read pm's. Vector is on about 30 forums or something.

stryker g8gt
04-04-2009, 05:26 AM
I appreciate the support. My initial impression of Vector was very positive. They seemed like decent people and were very reasonable when I talked with them in January. That is what is so baffling. What happened? Are they swamped? Is there some mis-understanding? Hard to tell without a return call or email.

I understand what your saying.....had the same concern with one of our other Sponsors here........The one thing I kept forgetting is these guys are for the most part small business owners and do not have a/p staff and sexetarys........they are hands on owners that are working thier shop floor and trying to keep track of everything else......some of us are just unlucky at times and fall between the cracks. if you really want to deal with them you have to be presistent.....start calling at the crack of dawn.....catch them before they hit the floor.

bbutler455
04-04-2009, 07:07 AM
I understand what your saying.....had the same concern with one of our other Sponsors here........The one thing I kept forgetting is these guys are for the most part small business owners and do not have a/p staff and sexetarys........they are hands on owners that are working thier shop floor and trying to keep track of everything else......some of us are just unlucky at times and fall between the cracks. if you really want to deal with them you have to be presistent.....start calling at the crack of dawn.....catch them before they hit the floor.

You may be right. Perhaps I am taking this personally. The reality may be that there is a inch high stack of call back notes on steve or kirk's desk. The only question is why other forum members are getting immediate call backs and I (a new customer) am not. If they are buried in work, why didn't Connie, the receptionist call me back and tell me? If you don't want the business at least call me back or email me and TELL me.

I am going to try one more time. I will send a PM to Kirk and to Steve. I will let you guys know their response.

bbutler455
04-04-2009, 07:28 AM
OK guys I'll give it one more try. I sent the following PM to both Steve and Kirk.

Steve,
I have been waiting a week for a call back or email response from your company. The forum members encouraged me to give it one more try. In December Brandy offered the CAI/Tune to my business for $575. In January I spoke with Kirk or you and was told that special price expired but you would honor it, or I could wait for the Vararam and you would do the tune only for $295.
Question 1 - Are you denying that the $295 was made?... that I am lying in order to save $45?
Question 2 - Can you honor this price or has circumstances changed? If this is the case, let me know and I will place an order at your standard price.

Thank you for your time and consideration

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
04-04-2009, 07:31 AM
Guys am I being unreasonable? In January Vector Motorsports offered me a CAI tune package at a good price. They also offered the tune only for a discount if i wanted to wait for the Vararam.

Now I have my Vararam and I called to see if the price was still available. I left a message for Kirk. Never called me back.

I sent a nice email explaining what had transpired and stated:

"I can understand, now that the Vararam is out, that your business has picked up considerably. The purpose of this email is to reassure you that I am not trying to take advantage of your generosity. I would like to get the $XXX price we discussed, but if the situation has changed then I understand.

Please let me know your best price for the VMS tune and I will place my order immediately."

I did not get any response.

I own two businesses and understand that messages get lost. So, I called a week later and left a message for Steve. (I am pretty sure it was Steve I spoke with in January) I NEVER GOT A CALL BACK!

I've heard good things about the VMS tune but can't do business with a company that is too busy to return my call or email. How much time would it have taken to reply to my email to say "Sorry business has picked up and we can't give you the wholesale price we discussed". Great, I appeciate the response. Here is my order.

What should a reasonable business person think about this?

Wow.

You called last week and talked to Joyce. She spoke to me when you were on hold and explained your request. You asked to get a discount on a tune. I told her to tell you that we only discount the tune if you purchase an intake from us as a combo deal. This has always been our policy.

I explained earlier in the year that we would offer a combo deal on the Vararam when they were available. It would be silly for me to discount a tune for everyone who purchased an intake somewhere else, and this was never stated.

Sorry that you misunderstood. You did speak to Joyce who is the office manager, and she told you the same as I just stated.

bbutler455
04-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Wow.

You called last week and talked to Joyce. She spoke to me when you were on hold and explained your request. You asked to get a discount on a tune. I told her to tell you that we only discount the tune if you purchase an intake from us as a combo deal. This has always been our policy.

I explained earlier in the year that we would offer a combo deal on the Vararam when they were available. It would be silly for me to discount a tune for everyone who purchased an intake somewhere else, and this was never stated.

Sorry that you misunderstood. You did speak to Joyce who is the office manager, and she told you the same as I just stated.

Kirk,
Your office manager is not doing you any favors. I did not call asking for a discount. I called asking if you would honor an offer made in January regarding the Vararam which you do not offer. I just want to feel good about the people I do business with. Please answer my two questions.

Question 1 - Are you denying that the $295 offer was made?... that I am lying in order to save $45?
Question 2 - Can you honor this price or has circumstances changed? If this is the case, let me know and I will place an order at your standard price.

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
04-04-2009, 07:55 AM
1. You are not lying, you misunderstood.
2. I can not honor a price that was not offered to you or anybody, ever.

We will offer a Vararam and tune discount when they are more available.
Yes, you did ask for a discount. You claimed you were a wholesaler for which we explained our wholesale pricing policy.

Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Kirk,
Your office manager is not doing you any favors. I did not call asking for a discount. I called asking if you would honor an offer made in January regarding the Vararam which you do not offer. I just want to feel good about the people I do business with. Please answer my two questions.

Question 1 - Are you denying that the $295 offer was made?... that I am lying in order to save $45?

bbutler455
04-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Kirk,
Would you please pay the courtesy of a phone call. I will send you a PM with my home office number.

EcoBrick Bob
04-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Kirk,

Think you should respond to this on other board as the same thread is "flying around" over there.

Love my "tunes"! Amazing the difference between the TMS tune from last summer (in 08') and the TMS tune you installed in my 09'.

Rob

Top Speed
04-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Why do people start crap like this on both boards? Unbelievable.

bbutler455
04-04-2009, 08:33 AM

Chris,
The answer to your question is "becuase I was not given another option".

If a sponsor will not return phone calls or emails, do the members want to know about it. If the purpose of our community is to only pass on good news, then I apologize for an inappropriate use of the forum. I am just another car guy trying to talk to a vendor about a misunderstanding.

I asked Vector for a three minute phone call. If they are too busy... fine I have my answer about that particular vendor.

EcoBrick Bob
04-04-2009, 08:37 AM

Believe it!!! Have you noted how few posts he has actually made.... most must be about this single issue.....

...and then after a logical, polite explanation, he still wants to be called...???....

Top Speed
04-04-2009, 08:38 AM
You are bashing the guy and his business, on a public forum, because a phone call and/or an email was not returned!

-Ray-
04-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Time to let this die. Kirk responded with his answer.

r33pwrd
04-04-2009, 09:06 AM
You are bashing the guy and his business, on a public forum, because a phone call and/or an email was not returned!

I dont think he was bashin Vector at all... I dont think any worse of Vector after reading this! Hope you guys get it worked out! sounds pretty easy.. you have money and want a tune ... vector sells tunes! In my books its a done deal!

GeorgeInNePa
04-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Time to let this die. Kirk responded with his answer.

+1 on this.

We don't need a dogpile on either the Vendor or the board member.

If either bbutler or VMS has anything they feel needs to be added to this thread, PM me and we'll add it.

But for now, it's a lock.

GeorgeInNePa
04-06-2009, 06:11 PM
From bbutler455:

I wanted to let the forum know that this morning Steve contacted me and we straightened out the miscommunication. Based on Vector's response to my post, and the comments from their customer fans, I am convinced that these are good people who care about their customers.

I have apologized to Steve and Kirk for my impatience and making this a public issue. I also placed an immediate order for their ECM/TCM tune and look forward to being another VMS fan.

Thank-you to everyone who took an interest in resolving this dis-connect between a reputable vendor and a junior forum member. It speaks well of the forum that they allow honest dissention.

Problem solved!