PDA

View Full Version : Tune time... finally!

r33pwrd
04-03-2009, 12:48 PM
So im going I for a tune in the morning from a local tuner... Being that my tuner is mainly a corvette guy what recomendations can you guys give me to give him?

-how much TQ managment?
-How high should we set the rev limiter (he may know but again not many L76's in a vette)
-anything else that I should ask him to look for?

Thanks for the input guys and im excited to see how the vararam and headers turn out # wise!

jbradsh1
04-03-2009, 02:08 PM
So im going I for a tune in the morning from a local tuner... Being that my tuner is mainly a corvette guy what recomendations can you guys give me to give him?

-how much TQ managment?
-How high should we set the rev limiter (he may know but again not many L76's in a vette)
-anything else that I should ask him to look for?

Thanks for the input guys and im excited to see how the vararam and headers turn out # wise!

To give you some feeback: my first TM was at 50% which was a little too mild. second TM was 25% which was just about roudy enough. I had mine shifting at about 6250 rpm, when the motor was stock. If your car does have a stock motor and is your daily driver I would ask for a normal 93 octane tune, not an agressive one, assuming you can easily get 93 octane gas. mho.

r33pwrd
04-03-2009, 02:20 PM
To give you some feeback: my first TM was at 50% which was a little too mild. second TM was 25% which was just about roudy enough. I had mine shifting at about 6250 rpm, when the motor was stock. If your car does have a stock motor and is your daily driver I would ask for a normal 93 octane tune, not an agressive one, assuming you can easily get 93 octane gas. mho.

No 93 octane around here stock motor daily driver...

is the 25 percent TM in normal mode or sport mode?

jbradG8GT
04-03-2009, 02:39 PM
I have all TM turned off in Drive and Sport modes, gives it a nice kick in the ass in all gears. Rev limiter is set at 6500 rpm's. One thing I like that Chuck does with his tunes is to have the transmission down shift when slowing down while in manual mode. So you don't have to worry about what gear you're in when stopping for a red light. Maybe something to ask for with your tuner.

jbradsh1
04-03-2009, 04:05 PM
No 93 octane around here stock motor daily driver...

is the 25 percent TM in normal mode or sport mode?

25% across the board.

Also, mine shifted at 6250 rpm but the limiter was set up around 6400 rpm if I'm not mistaken.

r33pwrd
04-03-2009, 07:34 PM
thanks for the input guys!

Wag 42
04-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Curious how it turns out for you bud. Another WA state guy here. Would be nice to know we've got the good tuners here as well.

Hope it turns out good-let us know!

The Commodore
04-03-2009, 09:38 PM
One thing I like that Chuck does with his tunes is to have the transmission down shift when slowing down while in manual mode. So you don't have to worry about what gear you're in when stopping for a red light. Maybe something to ask for with your tuner.

The transmission does that from the factory. In manual mode, all you have to do is up shift. The transmission will automatically down shift for you in manual mode.