PDA

View Full Version : Street I and sway bars

dv327
04-02-2009, 06:30 AM
Just installed my Street I. Money well spent!! The car now feels more solid in the handling department. Has anyone done the Street I and added sway bars? I am looking to reduce the body roll. When I owned my 96 Impala, adding sway bars made that car really handle. Would the G8 respond in the same way? Looking for the best bang for the buck to improve the car. Sways should be no more than $400. Springs and dampers are at least $900!!

FL_G82
04-02-2009, 07:12 AM
I'm looking to do the Street 1 also. No regrets at all huh? What was the cost if ya don't mind me asking?

Chewy
04-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Me too! I want to get my 50" Plasma TV first though...

Jaysin
04-02-2009, 10:36 AM
I bought the street 1, sway bars and the Xa coilovers.

I started with the rear. I put the xmember inserts in and differential bushings and added the pedders rear sway bar set to medium stiffness. I could not believe the difference it made in how the rearend responded to cornering. It blew me away.

Sorry I can't really give you a before and after sway bar install, but the sway/bushing combo is amazing pre Xa's.

Currently I'm finishing up the radius rod bushing, front sway bar and the coilover on the corners. I'll post up the results.

jbradsh1
04-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Just installed my Street I. Money well spent!! The car now feels more solid in the handling department. Has anyone done the Street I and added sway bars? I am looking to reduce the body roll. When I owned my 96 Impala, adding sway bars made that car really handle. Would the G8 respond in the same way? Looking for the best bang for the buck to improve the car. Sways should be no more than $400. Springs and dampers are at least $900!!

Well, this is the exact combo I'm getting installed in early May. If you have it done by then please do a write up, if not, I'll do one. But I think it's going to be quite a dramatic improvement over stock.

dv327
04-02-2009, 11:04 AM
FL_G82, no regrets at all. I highly recommend it. I bought the Street I from Pedders and a friend (GM tech), and I installed in 4 hrs. My cost for install and alignment came to $282. Had to pay to use the lift and tools. You need the right tools for this job. The diff bushings came right out and the radius rod bushings were a lot harder to change. Well worth the money spent!!