PDA

View Full Version : Gonna get the car dyno'ed tomorrow morning

ThugHunter
04-01-2009, 11:24 AM
I intend on getting video and will definitely post the results as soon as I get them. I never got a baseline, but there are enough baselines in the world to see how much I have gained from the mods I have. I'm only gonna do 2 or 3 runs all with the 93 tune. I have the option to also have the A/F ratio done for an additional cost of $15. Is it worth it?

'02 ws6
04-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Do you already have a tune on it? If so beware on the A/F adjustments they offer to make, because in that case they might be trying to pull your tune and copy it, or they'll tell you your tune is jacked up and they can fix it n the spot for their "cheap" tuning fee.

This happened to me in my TA @ a shop in DFW. My local tuner had previously tuned it the night before and I was going to visit my bro and get some #s. While on the dyno they told me it was having A/F issues (which it was, but due to fuel pump/injectors DC maxed out). They offered to fix it, citing there was a lot of hp to be gained from a "proper tune". Lol I just got my dyno sheet and left.
BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

ThugHunter
04-01-2009, 11:37 AM
I just have a Superchips tuner, so no custom tune to copy.

SRG963
04-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Your A/F ratio should be right with the new Superchips tune.

I'm waiting for the CAI tunes before I dyno.

ThugHunter
04-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Your A/F ratio should be right with the new Superchips tune.

I'm waiting for the CAI tunes before I dyno.

I was going to wait as well, but I'm curious what I have now. Any ideas when the CAI tunes are gonna hit the update world at superchips?

-Ray-
04-01-2009, 12:37 PM
I intend on getting video and will definitely post the results as soon as I get them. I never got a baseline, but there are enough baselines in the world to see how much I have gained from the mods I have. I'm only gonna do 2 or 3 runs all with the 93 tune. I have the option to also have the A/F ratio done for an additional cost of $15. Is it worth it?

Yes, as long as it's wide band. No reason not to hold Superchips to the same standard as the rest of the tuners we use.

ThugHunter
04-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Humidity 29%
Temp 63

Mods are Magnaflow Axleback, Superchips 93 octane tune and New Era OTR intake

Dyno Run #1 in Sport Mode
333.2 hp
350.5 tq

Dyno Run #2 in Manual Mode
337.1 hp
351.3 tq

Runs were done on a DynoJet at Colvin Automotive in Austin, TX. Thanks to Dyno Dan. I have the graph print out, but could not get a hold of a video camera last night.

Devilish34
04-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Why the sport mode run???

ThugHunter
04-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Why the sport mode run???

Dyno tech didn't know the car as it was the first G8 GT they've had on their dyno. I told him there is a manual mode and he made the switch.