PDA

View Full Version : SSV Trunk badge location?

mjf232
03-31-2009, 03:18 PM
I like the stock location but have a few other ideas. Which do you guys like the best?

kje141
03-31-2009, 04:50 PM
I like the second one. Stock Holden location right? Looks bad with the dart, you going to get rid of it?

-Ray-
03-31-2009, 06:14 PM
I prefer the stock location.

Crazy Paul
03-31-2009, 07:43 PM
The new all in one SSV badge started showing up on the new Holden AFM cars in March 09.
I do not have the Part Number or price yet but I'm working on it.

Edit-- I've now got both the Part No & Price. Alas no stock available yet.
Deal 33 *NEW*

Edit2-- Now available to buy.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/PerthPurplePenguin/car%20parts/Badges/SSVbadge.jpg

Chewy
04-01-2009, 06:17 AM
I only added the V to mine but I did it like your #4. I did it just the opposite to the AU cars as I sit on the other side. Not sure why I think this but I like the V on the right side. The SSV like above is a MUCH cleaner solution IMO but I like the red contrast to my black car.

MANOFSTEEL69
04-01-2009, 06:21 AM
Up to you, but I'll be using the stock location. I am doing a Holden conversion so I want it to look right.

WhyteSS
04-01-2009, 07:08 AM
Up to you, but I'll be using the stock location. I am doing a Holden conversion so I want it to look right.

I agree with you. I would only add the ss-v badges if I was doing the full coversion. If not it just doesnt seem right imo. Good luck on your decision though.

mjf232
04-01-2009, 03:00 PM
I only added the V to mine but I did it like your #4. I did it just the opposite to the AU cars as I sit on the other side. Not sure why I think this but I like the V on the right side. The SSV like above is a MUCH cleaner solution IMO but I like the red contrast to my black car.

I'm leaning this way too for the same exact reason. We read from left to right and it just seems right to do it this way.

mjf232
04-01-2009, 03:04 PM
I like the second one. Stock Holden location right? Looks bad with the dart, you going to get rid of it?

No, I'm keeping the dart because its a Pontiac. I really would like to do the front end conversion with the kidney grills but dont think that end will go into production. I know the ss-v is the holden edition but I wanted to mesh both styles together so I felt this should have been called the G8 SS-V, not GT and thats what mine is gonna be.

-Ray-
04-01-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm leaning this way too for the same exact reason. We read from left to right and it just seems right to do it this way.

Like GT G8?
:)

mjf232
04-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Like GT G8?
:)

Exactly, why did they even do that in the first place? I dont understand that at all.

-Ray-
04-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Exactly, why did they even do that in the first place? I dont understand that at all.

I guess that thought it fit by spelling out PONTIAC on the same side.
It's the 1st thing I changed on my G8. I reversed the badges and had them painted black.
Of course, I have a complete Holden rebadge now. I'm liking that so much more.

Chewy
04-02-2009, 05:11 AM
This is how I did mine. VERY unscientific. I stuck it where I liked it! :)

mjf232
04-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Went with the stock Holden location because it seemed to flow better. When I took a good look at the design of the letters the V in the flag badge is straight up and down with no tilt. The ss is slightly tilited so if switched (ss on drivers side and vflag on pass) it didnt flow due to the V being so vertical. Thats my opinion, I'll post pics later when the sun goes down right now theres too much sun beatin on my driveway. Thanks to everyone who commented.

Crazy Paul
04-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Stock Holden Location in case anybody wants it.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/PerthPurplePenguin/car%20parts/VE_SS_V_017.jpg

deputycrawford
04-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Youguys know why they named it the GT G8? Because its a Grand Touring G8. I myself have been converting to the original Holden stuff. I am searching my couch for the funds to buy the front end. Oh, MJF, I believe it is a holden with Pontiac badges. Check the drivers door and you will see the VIN tag says made by Holden LTD. Pontiac did not research it, concept it, develop it, or produce it. They just import it. I do like Pontiac but I have to put the car back to its original state. Besides, it starts many conversations on the street.

mjf232
04-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Youguys know why they named it the GT G8? Because its a Grand Touring G8. I myself have been converting to the original Holden stuff. I am searching my couch for the funds to buy the front end. Oh, MJF, I believe it is a holden with Pontiac badges. Check the drivers door and you will see the VIN tag says made by Holden LTD. Pontiac did not research it, concept it, develop it, or produce it. They just import it. I do like Pontiac but I have to put the car back to its original state. Besides, it starts many conversations on the street.

I agree with you 100% this car is an import and a rebadge but its still sold as a pontiac here. Thats why i'm doing the blend of the two. Maybe down the road I may do the lion badge but not just yet.

PS
How long have you been on the job?

deputycrawford
04-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Thanks, its just my take on the subject but some of us have the same thoughts. I have been bothering people for 15 years now. I'm only 37 years old so I have many more people to to talk to meow.

MichaelG8
04-20-2009, 06:08 PM
If there was a real way to remove or replace the Front arrow, I would have done a full Holden emblem conversion by now. Also, I'm waiting to see if anyone else replaces the steering wheel arrow with a Holden badge. Someone has done it, but it seemed a little cheesy to me.

mjf232
04-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks, its just my take on the subject but some of us have the same thoughts. I have been bothering people for 15 years now. I'm only 37 years old so I have many more people to to talk to meow.

I'm 32 and have been bothering people too now for 8 years. Thanks again for your input.

mikesgt
04-29-2009, 05:50 PM
I kind of like where forgasem put his. I'm waiting on mine right now and hadn't thought about putting it on that side.
I also like the tail light blackouts. Where did you find those?

mjf232
04-29-2009, 06:12 PM
I kind of like where forgasem put his. I'm waiting on mine right now and hadn't thought about putting it on that side.
I also like the tail light blackouts. Where did you find those?

If your talking about my car, my lights arent blacked out. It must be the picture.

Crazy Paul
05-06-2009, 06:15 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/PerthPurplePenguin/car%20parts/Badges/SSVbadge.jpg

Now available to buy.

:woohoo:

HoldenMan21
06-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Mate, go with the stock Holden location cause it looks better ! cheers !