PDA

View Full Version : Service Manuals?

KenV
03-30-2009, 07:28 PM
Hey all.

I am on the waitlist for the Helm for my G8GT but want to know if there's an online resource for diagrams. I see some quoted here from time to time. I have a few projects that require disassembly and don't want to tackle something I can't finish in a weekend, as this is my daily driver. Any information would be much appreciated.

BTW the car is still awesome, its only mod being a homemade catch can. :woohoo:

KenV
04-01-2009, 08:37 PM
No responses? Is it that obvious and I simply can't search worth a crap? Be honest, no hard feelings: I'm from/in Cali so I'm used to looking like a tool to the rest of the USA.

-Ray-
04-02-2009, 12:36 AM
Ken, I have a Holden manual, but not a G8 one. Many items are similar. What is it you need?

JPG8
04-02-2009, 04:40 AM
You can get a one-year subscription to ALLDATA for $26.95 for the '08 G8. (I was offered a special deal for $14.95 as a past customer). The info looks like it comes right out of the service manual.

• Diagnostic and Repair Information
• Detailed Diagnostic Trouble Code Information
• Detailed Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls
• Parts and Labor Times
• Wiring Diagrams and Schematics
• Component Locations
• Specifications
• Maintenace Schedules

http://www.alldatadiy.com/

TomPierce
04-02-2009, 01:33 PM
thank you thank you thank you

I didn't know about this.

KenV
04-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Hey guys.

Thanks for the tips. Ray: I was going to (finally) pull my grilles so that I could clean them up, dechrome them and tighten them. No biggie.

Thanks again folks.

K

-Ray-
04-04-2009, 03:27 AM
The holden manual doesn't show that since we have different front ends. I thought someone did post those though.

JPG8
04-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Grille Removal

G8GT721
04-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Where can you purchase a service manual for the G8, alldata looks strictly online.

wreckwriter
04-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Where can you purchase a service manual for the G8, alldata looks strictly online.

You can't yet.

G8GT721
04-04-2009, 11:51 AM
does anyone have a link on how to remove the front bumper, and inner fender liners? i cant find it anywhere

TomPierce
04-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Front Wheelhouse Liner Replacement
Removal Procedure

Raise and support the vehicle.
Remove the front wheel.
Remove the front wheelhouse liner to the front air deflector push-in retainers.
Remove the front wheelhouse liner to rocker panel retaining screws.
Remove the front wheelhouse liner to wheelhouse retaining scrivets.
Remove the front wheelhouse liner from the vehicle.

Front Bumper Fascia Replacement
Removal Procedure

Remove the front wheelhouse liner.
Disconnect the front end module to front bumper fascia wiring harness.
Remove the front air deflector retaining screws.
Loosen the front bumper fascia to fender retaining bolts.
Using suitable force, push the front bumper fascia to fender retaining bolts upwards to disengage from the fender.
Disengage the front bumper fascia from the key slots in the front fender attachment points.
Lower the vehicle.
Remove the front bumper fascia to front fascia upper fasteners.
Remove the front bumper fascia to front end module push-in retainers.
Disengage the front bumper fascia from the front bumper fascia support bracket retaining tabs.
Remove the front bumper fascia from the vehicle.

G8GT721
04-05-2009, 12:16 PM
thanks Tom

Camss57
04-17-2009, 05:25 PM
How about the procedure for the rear bumper cover?

Jaysin
04-18-2009, 06:21 AM
Hey all.

I am on the waitlist for the Helm for my G8GT but want to know if there's an online resource for diagrams. I see some quoted here from time to time. I have a few projects that require disassembly and don't want to tackle something I can't finish in a weekend, as this is my daily driver. Any information would be much appreciated.

BTW the car is still awesome, its only mod being a homemade catch can. :woohoo:

you can use the online service manual here, but there's a subscription of $20 for three days. I've used it and it works great. You can also save the pages to you computer, so over those three days get all the information you can and save it to your computer.

http://acdelcotechconnect.com/html/tss_tech_esi.jsp

pokey
04-18-2009, 06:35 AM
you can use the online service manual here, but there's a subscription of $20 for three days. I've used it and it works great. You can also save the pages to you computer, so over those three days get all the information you can and save it to your computer.

Jason,

Do you believe the way the info is setup you could download most of the manual within the 3 days? If so I think this would be a good deal..

Jaysin
04-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Jason,

Do you believe the way the info is setup you could download most of the manual within the 3 days? If so I think this would be a good deal..

I don't know if you can get all the supplements and everything, but you could get all the work instructions. When I say supplements, I mean when you reading through the procedure and it tells you to refer to blah, blah blah page for the GM tool, or torque specs, things like that. That site even gives you access to all the tech bulletins and owners manual.

I listed the wrong link, here is where you want to go.

http://acdelcotechconnect.com/html/tss_tech_esi.jsp

Pokey, please delete the link you have me quoting. Thanks

JPG8
04-19-2009, 05:10 AM
$26.95 for the ALLDATA subscription is a better deal, good for a year (see post #4). I've used it for the G8 and other cars in the past.