PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Steve of Vararam.

beast
03-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I picked up my Vararam intake this after noon from no other place than Steves house after a long day at work. I was very surprised at how Steve handled the transaction. Very stand up guy and went the extra mile to get me my intake by bringing it to his home so that I could swing by and pick it up from him. He had an invoice for me and the product was very well packaged.

Initial impression.
WOW!!! I know that other people have this intake but Damn I just got back from the drive and the break in to get the computer to learn a little and its just WOW!!! I am very impressed. I am very satisfied with the quality of the product and the ease of the instillation.

thanks again Steve and Vararam

BEAST

KaiserM715
03-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Steve was nice enough to do the same for me. I appreciate the extra effort, Steve!! I will install mine tomorrow.

Thanks again, Steve!

vararam
03-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the nice words!!! We just want to treat people the way we would like to be treated!!! Glad you are enjoying the unit!!!
Thanks again
Steve

Toolboxx
04-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Steve hooked me up today. He sent me 2 units one for my G8 and one for my Yukon. (smokin deal) Can't wait for them to get here.
Thanks again Steve.
Adam

r33pwrd
04-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the nice words!!! We just want to treat people the way we would like to be treated!!! Glad you are enjoying the unit!!!
Thanks again
Steve

This is why you have a line of customers waiting when the economy is at suck a low spot! I got mine today via UPS! Thanks Steve and Vararam!

vararam
04-01-2009, 11:24 AM
steve hooked me up today. He sent me 2 units one for my g8 and one for my yukon. (smokin deal) can't wait for them to get here.
Thanks again steve.
Adam enjoy!!!!!!!!

vararam
04-01-2009, 11:29 AM
This is why you have a line of customers waiting when the economy is at suck a low spot! I got mine today via UPS! Thanks Steve and Vararam!
Thanks to all you for your patience and support with this new unit!!!!!
Steve

Mike P
04-01-2009, 12:24 PM
I can't wait to get this Vararam CAI. Definitely interested in seeing the before & after results that the 1/4 mile will bring, by just doing this mod as the variable.

Great thread & news!

The Commodore
04-01-2009, 12:48 PM
I can't wait to get this Vararam RAI. Definitely interested in seeing the before & after results that the 1/4 mile will bring, by just doing this mod as the variable.

Great thread & news!

Fixed it lol.:)

Mlozano
04-01-2009, 01:37 PM
should i be getting a confirmation, i sent my credit card info via private message after request...

Mike P
04-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Fixed it lol.:)

Good call, thanks! :)

jeppsG8
04-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Got mine UPS today. I might have to skip sleeping tonight to get it installed. Otherwise it is going on this weekend for sure.

R.Penguin
04-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks again
Steve
Good to see that there are still people out there that know how to treat customers. Or just people in general.

After battling USAA Insurance Co. since Jan. 17, 2009, they finally got a settlemant check to the leinholder yesterday. Meanwhile, we have had to continue $568/month payments on a car that was totaled over 2 months ago. Not to mention about the same payment for the 2009 every month. I'm fairly sure that USAA wrote the book on "How to f*ck over claimants". (sp?) :hang:

Mlozano
04-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Good to see that there are still people out there that know how to treat customers. Or just people in general.

After battling USAA Insurance Co. since Jan. 17, 2009, they finally got a settlemant check to the leinholder yesterday. Meanwhile, we have had to continue $568/month payments on a car that was totaled over 2 months ago. Not to mention about the same payment for the 2009 every month. I'm fairly sure that USAA wrote the book on "How to f*ck over claimants". (sp?) :hang:

If you only knew...

Well it got me a GT upgrade, no too shabby.

vararam
04-02-2009, 03:40 AM
should i be getting a confirmation, i sent my credit card info via private message after request...Your unit shipped yesterday!! If you gave me your email you will be receiving tracking!!!
Thanks
Steve

stryker g8gt
04-02-2009, 04:21 AM
Steve was nice enough to do the same for me. I appreciate the extra effort, Steve!! I will install mine tomorrow.

Thanks again, Steve!

Well, Steve personally flew mine out to me here in SC, installed my unit and then washed and waxed my car........That Steve he is one hell of a guy........LOL!!! :nah::nah::nah:

It is a good unit and Steve has been great to work with......My install took about 15 min.......and looks good.

Mlozano
04-02-2009, 05:05 AM
Your unit shipped yesterday!! If you gave me your email you will be receiving tracking!!!
Thanks
Steve

:woohoo:

Well, Steve personally flew mine out to me here in SC, installed my unit and then washed and waxed my car........That Steve he is one hell of a guy........LOL!!! :nah::nah::nah:

Damn, I got ripped off.

vararam
04-02-2009, 06:16 AM

It is a good unit and Steve has been great to work with......My install took about 15 min.......and looks good.

Don't be giving any ideas to anyone else!!!!!! LOL!!!!!
Steve:):):):)

wyldman
04-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Damn Steve. You took my info Wednesday and the thing is scheduled for delivery Friday. NICE!:theman:

fiveoh
04-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Damn Steve. You took my info Wednesday and the thing is scheduled for delivery Friday. NICE!:theman:

Yeah I gave him my info Tues and it's supposed to be delivered today. Definately top notch quick service.

Eric_GT
04-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Just received mine this morning.
VERY nice piece. I am impressed.
Can't wait to get this on the car Saturday and tune thereafter.

KaheeNalu
04-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Got mine today.....nice work. But Steve...we have to talk....you were in SC and installed, washed and waxed his car???.....geez man. You could have made one more stop..j/k..lol. Serious though I love the craftmanship its going to look good under my hood. Just wished it would stop raining now so I can put it in. GREAT customer service.

r33pwrd
04-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Just wished it would stop raining now so I can put it in. GREAT customer service.

Me too! Mine has been living on the desk for almost a day at my office! people think Im weird because I yell at them if they touch it :)

WarpWhiteGT
04-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Got mine today, easy to install. Did two fly by to test. First without the removal of batttry cable, felt better throttle respone off the line and as speed picks up smacks you back. Then let the computer reset and it felt even better. Thanks Steve your the man.:woohoo:

Mlozano
04-03-2009, 04:02 AM
Ohhh... where Ohhh... where could my little CAI be. Should have sent you and email for tracking info. :(

vararam
04-03-2009, 06:43 AM
Ohhh... where Ohhh... where could my little CAI be. Should have sent you and email for tracking info. :(

tracked your unit - due for delivery Monday!!!!!
Steve

vararam
04-03-2009, 06:47 AM
Got mine today, easy to install. Did two fly by to test. First without the removal of batttry cable, felt better throttle respone off the line and as speed picks up smacks you back. Then let the computer reset and it felt even better. Thanks Steve your the man.:woohoo:
Kudos to Patrick as he designed the unit!!!!!
Steve

wyldman
04-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Thanks Steve. Unit showed up just like you promised. Nice to find someone who delivers on what they say. Tell your guys thanks for the patience when I called them. Somehow I missed the part where you take the gasket off the MAF unit and was trying to make it fit. Doh! Oh' well. Never said I was a mechanic. Very nice unit. Love the way it sounds. I did a relearn on the computer and noticed a difference in performance after just a short time. Can't wait for my tune to come in to really set it off.

BW G8GT
04-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Mine is due this Wednesday.

Should I get the TCM update from dealer before I install CAI?

Mlozano
04-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Damn Steve, you need to make this more dummy proof, maybe a this side up sign, I flipped the filter part around when I put it back together. Took me 45 minutes to realize why it doesn't fit. :)

Man installing headers is gonna be fun.... (sarcasm)

Anyway, great piece, combined with my porter TB/intake the response scares me a little

Skid
04-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Damn Steve, you need to make this more dummy proof, maybe a this side up sign, I flipped the filter part around when I put it back together. Took me 45 minutes to realize why it doesn't fit. :)

Man installing headers is gonna be fun.... (sarcasm)

Anyway, great piece, combined with my porter TB/intake the response scares me a little

HAHAHAHA!!!! Same thing happened to me.

Rick Maddux
04-07-2009, 06:09 AM
Steve and Patrick, you guys rock!!!!!!!!!

vararam
04-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Steve and Patrick, you guys rock!!!!!!!!!

Glad the units are working well for everyone!!!!!!

jmorgan
04-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Is there a part number or anything for a new filter when we need it?

vararam
04-08-2009, 03:55 AM
Is there a part number or anything for a new filter when we need it?
The filter is manufactured by Green High Performance filter only for Vararam and only for the G8 unit. The filter is washable/reusable and guaranteed for 200K miles! We have filter cleaning kits available (good for 6-8 cleanings) for $15.95 plus shipping($8). An extra filter is $59.95 available thru Vararam only.
Thanks
Steve

Mlozano
04-08-2009, 06:28 AM
Is there a trick to removing the filter after install? Or do I have to remove the whole thing.

vararam
04-08-2009, 07:06 AM
Is there a trick to removing the filter after install? Or do I have to remove the whole thing.
Just undo the latches and remove the filter!!!!

DRCUSTOMPARTS
04-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Steve does the filter need to be oiled after cleaning or is it a dry filter? Also I received a PM from you a couple weeks ago, but I was holding off on the purchase until I heard what people had to say about it. I would like to get one, can I just send you my credit card info now that I'm ready to buy?

vararam
04-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Steve does the filter need to be oiled after cleaning or is it a dry filter? Also I received a PM from you a couple weeks ago, but I was holding off on the purchase until I heard what people had to say about it. I would like to get one, can I just send you my credit card info now that I'm ready to buy?
It is oiled coming from us and when you clean it you need to reoil. We have filter cleaning/recharge kits here for $15.95(good for 6-8 cleanings) plus shipping. Send me info via PM and we will get your unit shipped!!!!
Thanks
Steve

Chewy
04-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Mine is due this Wednesday.

Should I get the TCM update from dealer before I install CAI?

No need to but you will want a tune to make it work the way it should and get everything out of it you can.

VMS can hook you up. When you run THEIR trans tune you will be amazed and wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
04-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Is the oil included in the cleaning kit or can I just use some K&N filter oil that I already have? What is the shipping cost to 60099?

WhiteDeathLSX
04-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Just got mine today... the kit looks great and the instructions look fairly straight forward. Vararam goes on this weekend... :cool:

BW G8GT
04-08-2009, 08:17 PM
No need to but you will want a tune to make it work the way it should and get everything out of it you can.

VMS can hook you up. When you run THEIR trans tune you will be amazed and wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Thanks for the info. Intake arrived this afternoon. Can't wait to get it installed. :woohoo:

MtbDoc
04-09-2009, 04:06 AM
Steve, I have been patiently awaiting information concerning the intake working properly with a MagnaCharger. Has anyone actually done this at your company? Can you swap the couplers for some that will fit the higher location of the blower?

THANKS!

vararam
04-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Is the oil included in the cleaning kit or can I just use some K&N filter oil that I already have? What is the shipping cost to 60099?
There is oil and cleaner included in the recharge kit! DO NOT use K&N oil on Green filters!!!!!!
Steve

r33pwrd
04-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Vararam you guys have done a good job! What bad economy?? you guys have shipped 100 plus intakes for the G8 alone this month :woohoo: glad to see some companies this busy!

TonyKarter
06-15-2009, 12:24 PM
And don't forget that it imparts a wonderful intake wail that'll make the hair on the back of your neck stand up everytime you put your foot in it! Better than sex...or at least the sex I've been having lately.

NickelnDime
07-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Steve, I have been patiently awaiting information concerning the intake working properly with a MagnaCharger. Has anyone actually done this at your company? Can you swap the couplers for some that will fit the higher location of the blower?

THANKS!

Even if the couplers work.
It is a pain trying to get the hood to close.
I speak from experience here.