PDA

View Full Version : VMS Vararam Specific Tune Finished!!

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
03-30-2009, 06:00 AM
Here is the tune you Vararam guys (and girls) have been waiting for!!

Testing was done on stock a 2008 G8 GT. These were back to back runs, same day & same weather. Dyno runs were performed with a simulated 40 MPH wind on the front end.

Base HP - 309
Vararam & VMS Tune HP - 346

Base TQ - 321
Vararam & VMS Tune TQ - 358

Here is the dyno sheet.

Chewy
03-30-2009, 06:07 AM
OK when are you sending me the cables MAN!

Let's go!

Those are awesome numbers IMO.

Should I call?

Mike P
03-30-2009, 06:19 AM
Here is the tune you Vararam guys (and girls) have been waiting for!!

Testing was done on stock a 2008 G8 GT. These were back to back runs, same day & same weather. Dyno runs were performed with a simulated 40 MPH wind on the front end.

Base HP - 309
Vararam & VMS Tune HP - 346

Base TQ - 321
Vararam & VMS Tune TQ - 358

That is a huge jump over stock. 346rwhp / .8 = 432.5 crank horsepower
That is like an 70.5 engine horsepower increase over stock with a VMS Tune + Vararam. 432.5-362 = 70.5

I'm going run my 1st couple of drag strip outings with my Roto Fab on, but then I gotta switch to a Vararam (and VMS tune) to see what the difference is on the 1/4 mile.

Darkside
03-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Wow, I can't wait to get everything on this car. Its all bark right now.

Glad I actually showed some patience and waited for the Vararam.

Mike P
03-30-2009, 06:24 AM
Wow, I can't wait to get everything on this car. Its all bark right now.

Glad I actually showed some patience and waited for the Vararam.

I can't wait to see your modded dyno runs before the Torque Converter.....

:)

jeppsG8
03-30-2009, 06:40 AM
That is amazing. Is it with 91 or 93 octane tune?

NYG8GT
03-30-2009, 06:44 AM
That is a huge jump over stock. 356rwhp / .8 = 445 crank horsepower
That is like an 83 engine horsepower increase over stock with a VMS Tune + Vararam. 445-362 = 83

Ummm no.

Devilish34
03-30-2009, 06:47 AM
Damn anyone wana buy a used New Era CAI

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
03-30-2009, 06:47 AM
That is amazing. Is it with 91 or 93 octane tune?

MojaveG8
03-30-2009, 06:48 AM
Awesome ! When can get get the new files to update our cars?

Chewy
03-30-2009, 06:50 AM
I'd really like to know when you're planning on your Chi town trip. I will wait for then unless it's not on and then have you send me the cables.

Cheers,
Chris

GRRRR8
03-30-2009, 06:52 AM
Now its not HYPE!! :headbang:

Chewy
03-30-2009, 06:54 AM
Now its not HYPE!! :headbang:

Agreed! That's at a measly 40mph...:)

richie854
03-30-2009, 06:58 AM
The dyno shows Max HP = 346.8 which results in a 346.8-309= 37.8 rwhp gain. Still nice numbers.

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
03-30-2009, 07:09 AM
Damn anyone wana buy a used New Era CAI

To be fair we installed a New Era OTR as soon as we took the Vararam off.

We then installed our New Era OTR tune and ran the car within 15 minutes of removing the Vararam, the result was a 1.1 lb of torque loss and a 1.0 HP loss.

Max Power Vararam - 347.8
Max Power NEP OTR - 346.8

Max Torque Vararam - 359.7
Max Torque NEP OTR - 358.6

There is never more than a 2.5 HP difference anywhere under the curve.

MojaveG8
03-30-2009, 07:11 AM
OK, stop teasing. Those of us with the PowerFlash cable would love the new files. When do you think those will be available?

jeppsG8
03-30-2009, 07:25 AM
And those of us that don't have powerflash cables would love them. Are there more available yet? My Vararam should arrive Tuesday and I will install Saturday. Would love to have the matching tune and powerflash if available.

r33pwrd
03-30-2009, 07:28 AM

We then installed our New Era OTR tune and ran the car within 15 minutes of removing the Vararam, the result was a 1.1 lb of torque loss and a 1.0 HP loss.

Nice numbers for both intakes! What HP #'s do you normally see on a totally stock car with a tune? Also what gas did you run?

majesticix
03-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Hey Kirk, thank you for the comparison to the New Era. Those numbers look great on both intakes and glad to see both of them run on the same car in the same environment. Nice work!

Would be nice to know bolt on numbers without tune as well for comparison.

G8GXP4now
03-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Safe to assume the GXP specific vararam tune is going to be released soon, or is it ready now (will the handheld unit do the GXP tune too?)

fiveoh
03-30-2009, 07:54 AM

Very good to know. On your website it shows a graph of a rotofab/vms tune vs stock and that car picked up pretty similar numbers 41hp/37tq I think. So the big 3 CAIS are all making similar power it seems.

NYG8GT
03-30-2009, 08:03 AM

Interesting, I'd like to see some 1/4 results to see if there are any differences at speed to prove the ram air is working. Do you guys plan on doing that at all? Im assuming it only takes a matter of 15 mins or so do swap intakes so running a fair test on one car with both intakes should be pretty easy.

Devilish34
03-30-2009, 08:19 AM

I have the reg New Era, but I have yet to get my car back on the dyno since you fixed my tune

vararam
03-30-2009, 08:29 AM
Good Job Kirk!

Good data for everyone,but here is what else you need to know

The max velocity generated be the motor under static vacuum is 46.7mph@ the Throttlebody.
In other words you can feed it all the air you want but unless the CFM is over 2500 "into the system" or velocity tops 45mph "at the scoop entrance" or 46.7 mph out the MAF neck,the ram effect will not be generated in this motor (every engine is different based on displacement RPM etc..), it will simply be a cold air box sitting on a dyno.
You won't pack enough volume into the intake manifolds plenum to pressurize the plenum, which in turn ,strenghtens the intake manifold runners natural ram tunning effect because "THAT" is where the power is, not peak PSI numbers, but you "MUST" fill the plenum and keep it filled beyond the rate at which the runners use the air to achieve this,which will not be done with "ANY" type of shop fan.

(We have some custom built items that generate 2500-5000CFM while generating velocities of 0-110mph of thrust.)

On the road We data logged 102 kilo's of MAP at 48MPH using EFI live ( This data logging is part of the G8 webpage being generated as we speak), there will also be flowbench data through the head)

That being said the system is setup to push, not pull air,if you would like to generate more flow static ,we have ways of setting that up ex spacer behind the filter for more plenum, thicker front gasket to space the filter away from the front walls creating a better pulling angle etc.. This shows up as more Torque and power under the curve even if peak flow is enough for the motor at peak RPM, this simply allows the motor to windup quicker.

We also left area in the flanges for thicker higher flow filters for future power development and made the front scoop removable for interchangability for further scoop development for different applications.( street ,road race,autocross ,drag race etc..)

We set the kits up in a good overall compromise position as it shows in your test, We made sure it topped all others while sitting static in vacuum ( on a dyno) yet would leave them behind when on the move.

The Zeta platform has an ongoing R&D program that will simply continue at VR for yrs to come.

Best Regards VR tech

fiveoh
03-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Good Job Kirk!

Good data for everyone,but here is what else you need to know

The max velocity generated be the motor under static vacuum is 46.7mph@ the Throttlebody.
In other words you can feed it all the air you want but unless the CFM is over 2500 "into the system" or velocity tops 45mph "at the scoop entrance" or 46.7 mph out the MAF neck,the ram effect will not be generated in this motor (every engine is different based on displacement RPM etc..), it will simply be a cold air box sitting on a dyno.
You won't pack enough volume into the intake manifolds plenum to pressurize the plenum, which in turn ,strenghtens the intake manifold runners natural ram tunning effect because "THAT" is where the power is, not peak PSI numbers, but you "MUST" fill the plenum and keep it filled beyond the rate at which the runners use the air to achieve this,which will not be done with "ANY" type of shop fan.

(We have some custom built items that generate 2500-5000CFM while generating velocities of 0-110mph of thrust.)

On the road We data logged 102 kilo's of MAP at 48MPH using EFI live ( This data logging is part of the G8 webpage being generated as we speak), there will also be flowbench data through the head)

That being said the system is setup to push, not pull air,if you would like to generate more flow static ,we have ways of setting that up ex spacer behind the filter for more plenum, thicker front gasket to space the filter away from the front walls creating a better pulling angle etc.. This shows up as more Torque and power under the curve even if peak flow is enough for the motor at peak RPM, this simply allows the motor to windup quicker.

We also left area in the flanges for thicker higher flow filters for future power development and made the front scoop removable for interchangability for further scoop development for different applications.( street ,road race,autocross ,drag race etc..)

We set the kits up in a good overall compromise position as it shows in your test, We made sure it topped all others while sitting static in vacuum ( on a dyno) yet would leave them behind when on the move.

The Zeta platform has an ongoing R&D program that will simply continue at VR for yrs to come.

Best Regards VR tech

So basically at 48mph and up the "ram air" effect begins for this intake and it starts to really shine? Can't wait to see some track number comparisons.

r33pwrd
03-30-2009, 09:01 AM
very good info Vararam! It nice to see some good R&D work being done.

The Commodore
03-30-2009, 09:25 AM
I really need that powerflash...

SLA
03-30-2009, 09:32 AM
I really need that powerflash...

Ditto, whens the next batch going out Kirk?

Steve@Vectormotorsports
03-30-2009, 09:45 AM
Ditto, whens the next batch going out Kirk?

later this week

MtbDoc
03-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Given what you are saying, is there any benefit to this intake on a Magnuson blower (other than simply less restriction than the stock airbox setup)? I am in the pre-order and really am interested IF it would actually be of benefit in a blown engine.

MojaveG8
03-30-2009, 11:26 AM
New files for those people with PowerFlash already?

'02 ws6
03-30-2009, 12:13 PM
DAMN! Nearly 40rwhp from just a CAI/Tune. Nice!

Top Speed
03-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Sounds like some power is to be made running 80-90 mph on the interstate!

GeorgeInNePa
03-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Given what you are saying, is there any benefit to this intake on a Magnuson blower (other than simply less restriction than the stock airbox setup)? I am in the pre-order and really am interested IF it would actually be of benefit in a blown engine.

You were in the group buy. ;)

You asked to be removed.

Chewy
03-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Sounds like some power is to be made running 80-90 mph on the interstate!

LOL

And some tickets to be had...

I'm in touch with Brandy at Vector to get the FX cables and get this bad boy tweaked a bit.

Chris

locrzn#92
03-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Those are great numbers and the hype is over and vararam did what it supposed to do. Its nice that Kirk also posted the newera, the numbers are close enough that either would be a great choice, pricing is spot on and its all what you want it to look like under the hood. Both make the best hp of any of the intakes posted so far, with a tune or without a tune. Great job.

GeorgeInNePa
03-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Those are great numbers and the hype is over and vararam did what it supposed to do. Its nice that Kirk also posted the newera, the numbers are close enough that either would be a great choice, pricing is spot on and its all what you want it to look like under the hood. Both make the best hp of any of the intakes posted so far, with a tune or without a tune. Great job.

What he said.

:woohoo:

locrzn#92
03-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Shit George and I agree again, whats this world coming to. LOL You don't mess with the plastic cuttin' bad ass and I ain't.

R.Penguin
03-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Shit George and I agree again, whats this world coming to. LOL You don't mess with the plastic cuttin' bad ass and I ain't.
I just got a call from the Devil & he is pleading for a ski jacket and a down comforter. :devil:

F*ck him! He's a relative on the penguin side of the family. Let him freeze!
:windy:
:butt:
:finger:

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
03-31-2009, 05:07 AM
New files for those people with PowerFlash already?

Yes. The tune is ready to go.

Torqued
03-31-2009, 05:27 AM

Nice to see a unbiased comparision. Any chance of dynoing the Rotofab and tune on this car? I'm surprised how close the different designs perform. The last part of this puzzle is some track flogging of each intake. I heard Milan Dragway is opening soon...

GeorgeInNePa
03-31-2009, 05:50 AM
Nice to see a unbiased comparision. Any chance of dynoing the Rotofab and tune on this car? I'm surprised how close the different designs perform. The last part of this puzzle is some track flogging of each intake. I heard Milan Dragway is opening soon...

Not the same car, but you get the point.

http://www.vectormotorsports.com/images/products/G8/vmstuneroto.jpg

MojaveG8
03-31-2009, 06:57 AM
How do I get it? I have the KOOKS LT header tune and want to add this to that. Let me know

Yes. The tune is ready to go.

Chewy
03-31-2009, 07:44 AM
How do I get it? I have the KOOKS LT header tune and want to add this to that. Let me know

Jump on their site and go to the Flash Xpress link and choose in the drop down box the one that says retune. You'll need your previous order number from the initial tune.

Chris

MojaveG8
03-31-2009, 09:35 AM
You rule !

jump on their site and go to the flash xpress link and choose in the drop down box the one that says retune. You'll need your previous order number from the initial tune.

Chris

Steve@Vectormotorsports
03-31-2009, 11:20 AM

PM sent

flashxpress@vectormotorsports.com (flashexpress@vectormotorsports.com)

Chewy
03-31-2009, 11:31 AM
I rule? Sweet!

MojaveG8
03-31-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks, fyi though the email below is wrong. Should read :
flashxpress@vectormotorsports.com
just take out the E

PM sent

flashexpress@vectormotorsports.com

MojaveG8
03-31-2009, 12:51 PM
Just received the new tune. Thanks Kirk for the fast turnaround.

camoeto
03-31-2009, 12:56 PM
Kirk/Steve,

How come your baseline was so different from the baseline when you were testing the Rotofab and the original New Era OTR test (291 vs 309)? Were you using different cars, or did the headwind of 40mph account for most of the difference? I realize that the same car can dyno different on different days, but since you were using the same dyno I just don't see where the 19 RWHP difference came from.

Darkside
03-31-2009, 05:15 PM
Not the same car, but you get the point.

Kirk/Steve,

How come your baseline was so different from the baseline when you were testing the Rotofab and the original New Era OTR test (291 vs 309)? Were you using different cars, or did the headwind of 40mph account for most of the difference?

See above.

Blackrider
03-31-2009, 07:12 PM
Kirk/Steve,

How come your baseline was so different from the baseline when you were testing the Rotofab and the original New Era OTR test (291 vs 309)? Were you using different cars, or did the headwind of 40mph account for most of the difference? I realize that the same car can dyno different on different days, but since you were using the same dyno I just don't see where the 19 RWHP difference came from.

Head wind would have no effect on the dyno...

jbradsh1
03-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Very good to know. On your website it shows a graph of a rotofab/vms tune vs stock and that car picked up pretty similar numbers 41hp/37tq I think. So the big 3 CAIS are all making similar power it seems.

Similar yes, but the RF made more! But look out, the Vararam is going to try and catch up as we go faster, and faster ..... Aw oh, the Vararam just went by me, oh darn it.

GRRRR8
03-31-2009, 07:49 PM
Similar yes, but the RF made more! But look out, the Vararam is going to try and catch up as we go faster, and faster ..... Aw oh, the Vararam just went by me, oh darn it.

There is nothing wrong with the Roto-Fab. At least 2 people ran 12.70s with a Roto-fab, no headers and NO CAM on their factory tires. Hmmmmmm.

jbradsh1
04-01-2009, 02:12 AM
There is nothing wrong with the Roto-Fab. At least 2 people ran 12.70s with a Roto-fab, no headers and NO CAM on their factory tires. Hmmmmmm.

+1 ..... and I'd sure like to know how they did it? Kinda makes you wonder a little, huh? I know, I was doing great on my times & speeds with the shorties but now that I have the CAM ... all I can say is I need new tires and some practice cause it's a whole different animal now. I can't even go WOT in 1st gear without it fish tailing and burning all the way through the gear. It even fish tails on the 1-2 some. Also, my only two runs were on a 70 degree high humidity day, oh well, there's always next fall ... :devil:

13 QTR
04-01-2009, 03:52 AM
+1 ..... and I'd sure like to know how they did it? Kinda makes you wonder a little, huh? I know, I was doing great on my times & speeds with the shorties but now that I have the CAM ... all I can say is I need new tires and some practice cause it's a whole different animal now. I can't even go WOT in 1st gear without it fish tailing and burning all the way through the gear. It even fish tails on the 1-2 some. Also, my only two runs were on a 70 degree high humidity day, oh well, there's always next fall ... :devil:

Maybe he's counting ME as one of those 2......:nah:

GRRRR8
04-01-2009, 04:09 AM

No, it was the Dr. and myself. Atlas has done it with a tune and OTR from Oz as well.

13 QTR
04-01-2009, 04:24 AM
No, it was the Dr. and myself. Atlas has done it with a tune and OTR from Oz as well.

In that case....you need to put your ass on the timeslip database....:devil:
I also didn't see the dr. on there either.

MANOFSTEEL69
04-01-2009, 04:27 AM
In that case....you need to put your ass on the timeslip database....:devil:
I also didn't see the dr. on there either.

+1:spank:

GRRRR8
04-01-2009, 04:31 AM
That would be great if I had a slip! :hang: Thats why I am so anxious to get the car done so I can be on my own list!

MANOFSTEEL69
04-01-2009, 04:38 AM
That would be great if I had a slip! :hang: Thats why I am so anxious to get the car done so I can be on my own list!

Lol! Your not just going to be on it I think.......:devil::woohoo:

GRRRR8
04-01-2009, 04:51 AM
I will be in the top 4 and a shot of juice could make me #1. :devil:

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
04-01-2009, 05:20 AM
Kirk/Steve,

They were 2 different cars. I agree, normally we do not see such a discrepancy in two completely stock cars.

Although we do always use the SAE correction factor, it is not the most accurate. The day we tested had high barometric pressure. This car also had more miles on it than most others. The first test car had less than 2000 miles and this last one had over 20,000 miles. As cars break-in they always make more power.

The gains did match exactly with what we saw with the first car though.

jbradsh1
04-01-2009, 09:12 AM

Yes Master, could tell us grasshoppers just how in the h@ll you do it?!!!

Mike P
04-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Yes Master, could tell us grasshoppers just how in the h@ll you do it?!!!

Jeff:

I know! I'm thinking the same thing. Dana Miller, Charlie, and 13 QTR got all in the 12's with a tune (probably with no torque management), a cai, some GRRRR8 mods, and light exhaust work, (no headers).

Charlie is a freak of nature & had some really good DA being at sea level. I'm not sure where 13 QTR races (like what state). And Dana Miller probably made his pass at Milan, MI.

Damn, nice times for little mods.......

jbradsh1
04-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Jeff:

I know! I'm thinking the same thing. Dana Miller, Charlie, and 13 QTR got all in the 12's with a tune (probably with no torque management), a cai, some GRRRR8 mods, and light exhaust work, (no headers).

Charlie is a freak of nature & had some really good DA being at sea level. I'm not sure where 13 QTR races (like what state). And Dana Miller probably made his pass at Milan, MI.

Yep, I think they pick great DA days for their runs, hek I do too. But that alone wouldn't account for their times being that fast. It's also "track prep" like bribing the lane workers to hose down the first 60 ft. with VHT or just waiting until the top fuel guys make their runs, dropping air pressure in the tires, tweaking their tunes with their computers on their laps, running DR's without telling us they did that, etc. Who knows what they actually do but I'm also sure there is a fair amount of driver skill and experience that puts the icing on the cake and makes these outlandish times real.

GRRRR8
04-01-2009, 09:28 AM
I still had 50% TQ management, Roto-fab, pulley, magnaflow catback and my mods and a alignment.

Mike P
04-01-2009, 09:42 AM
I still had 50% TQ management, Roto-fab, pulley, magnaflow catback and my mods and a alignment.

Damn. Also, Charlie had the "Awesomeness Factor" mod......

fiveoh
04-01-2009, 09:48 AM

What TQ managment do you run now?

GRRRR8
04-01-2009, 09:55 AM
20%-0%-0%

fiveoh
04-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Will that shorten the life of the tranny at all going 20-0-0? I love hard shifts.(that sounds a little off haha)

-Ray-
04-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Will that shorten the life of the tranny at all going 20-0-0? I love hard shifts.(that sounds a little off haha)

He has a torque converter from Circle D. It takes up some of the shock from the shift.

13 QTR
04-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Yep, I think they pick great DA days for their runs, hek I do too. But that alone wouldn't account for their times being that fast. It's also "track prep" like bribing the lane workers to hose down the first 60 ft. with VHT or just waiting until the top fuel guys make their runs, dropping air pressure in the tires, tweaking their tunes with their computers on their laps, running DR's without telling us they did that, etc. Who knows what they actually do but I'm also sure there is a fair amount of driver skill and experience that puts the icing on the cake and makes these outlandish times real.

First off....remember...I HAVE THE 3.27 DIFF.
As for track prep....it was very shitty....plus I was on the stock tires. Steele(alabama international dragway) is about 50 miles northeast of birmingham alabama. I don't stall it...just pull up with foot on brake and let off and stomp it on the last yellow. I also just barely turn on the last staging light. At that time I was running 20% tq manangement with a 6000rpm shift point. It was barking going into 2nd...no spin off the line thou....

that pass was my first with the 3.27 diff.

jbradsh1
04-01-2009, 10:20 AM
First off....remember...I HAVE THE 3.27 DIFF.
As for track prep....it was very shitty....plus I was on the stock tires. Steele(alabama international dragway) is about 50 miles northeast of birmingham alabama. I don't stall it...just pull up with foot on brake and let off and stomp it on the last yellow. I also just barely turn on the last staging light. At that time I was running 20% tq manangement with a 6000rpm shift point. It was barking going into 2nd...no spin off the line thou....

that pass was my first with the 3.27 diff.

Thanks for the info and I hope you know I was being funny with the "track prep". I've heard it mentioned that the 3.27 diff. can make a big difference in e.t. Guess that's so. Well done on that awesome time. Would you get the 3.27 diff. for a cammed G8?

13 QTR
04-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the info and I hope you know I was being funny with the "track prep". I've heard it mentioned that the 3.27 diff. can make a big difference in e.t. Guess that's so. Well done on that awesome time. Would you get the 3.27 diff. for a cammed G8?

Hell yea...!! After someone sells me some headers....I might try to save up and do the vector cam...:nah:

GeorgeInNePa
04-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Jeff:

13QTR has 3.27 gears.

GeorgeInNePa
04-01-2009, 05:07 PM

There's a lot you can do to get good times in the 1/4.

I can't tell you how many posts I've read where guys describe their "prep" as it were. It amounts to no prep at all.

Not adjusting air pressure, running the car hot, running the car so much that it will be heat-soaked until next week, going to the track with crap in the trunk and inside the car, going during a heat wave, picking the closest instead of the best prepped track, etc.

jbradsh1
04-01-2009, 10:50 PM
There's a lot you can do to get good times in the 1/4.

I can't tell you how many posts I've read where guys describe their "prep" as it were. It amounts to no prep at all.

Not adjusting air pressure, running the car hot, running the car so much that it will be heat-soaked until next week, going to the track with crap in the trunk and inside the car, going during a heat wave, picking the closest instead of the best prepped track, etc.

True, and that makes it even harder to understand, oh well.

jbradsh1
04-02-2009, 12:23 AM
Hell yea...!! After someone sells me some headers....I might try to save up and do the vector cam...:nah:

So where do I get ahold of the rear diff? And how much? Install, how much?

13 QTR
04-02-2009, 02:05 AM

Right now..all I know of is JHP,maybe the dealerships before long. I paid $1300 shipped to my door. I only paid for the rental of a lift...$100. It only took 2 hours and 20 mins. You will have to have a re-alingment.

Devilish34
04-02-2009, 03:31 AM

click the want in my sig for the link the JHP

tgibson
04-02-2009, 05:34 AM
I am a bit confused I went to the website and I see pricing for the VMS powerflash. Great price by the way but do I have to pay for the tunes as well or does it come with tech support? I just bought my dad his vararam and he recieved it yesterday and would like to get him a tune as well but I wanted to know what the final cost would be as I am purchasing HP for my wife and my GTO's and can tune him when I go home this summer. Thanks
Tom

jbradsh1
04-02-2009, 06:40 AM
click the want in my sig for the link the JHP

Hey thanks, appreciate that. Any idea what it would cost to have someone install the diff.?

13 QTR
04-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Hey thanks, appreciate that. Any idea what it would cost to have someone install the diff.?

when your on your way back from the trip up north...stop by my friends shop. I'll help....it can be done for less than $250.....that doesn't include a re-alingment. The shop is basiclly right off I-59,outside of Ft. Payne Alabama...60 miles south of Chattannooga.

Or on your way up there.....no wait....you won't have what I want....:devil:

jbradsh1
04-02-2009, 05:03 PM
when your on your way back from the trip up north...stop by my friends shop. I'll help....it can be done for less than $250.....that doesn't include a re-alingment. The shop is basiclly right off I-59,outside of Ft. Payne Alabama...60 miles south of Chattannooga.

Or on your way up there.....no wait....you won't have what I want....:devil:

I hear ya!

Chewy
04-03-2009, 06:44 AM
I am a bit confused I went to the website and I see pricing for the VMS powerflash. Great price by the way but do I have to pay for the tunes as well or does it come with tech support? I just bought my dad his vararam and he recieved it yesterday and would like to get him a tune as well but I wanted to know what the final cost would be as I am purchasing HP for my wife and my GTO's and can tune him when I go home this summer. Thanks
Tom

Not saying you don't know how to tune but keep in mind this 6 speed Auto is a completely different beast than the 4 speed autos that you may have in the goat.

Email Vector at sales@vectormotorsports.com for more help. Brandy will hook ya up!

Chris

rumbler
04-09-2009, 03:38 AM
Vararam claims that they compromised the design to increase power on a dyno(marketing 101). I wonder how much better it would perform on the road/track without these compromises?
Is the "real world" version available?

Rumber

Best Regards VR tech

Chewy
04-09-2009, 04:50 AM
Well I installed mine yesterday (what a bitch!) and sent the info to Kirk last night so I hope I see the tune shortly!

I have a meeting all day which sucks but I'll get it done.

Steve@Vectormotorsports
04-09-2009, 05:58 AM
Not saying you don't know how to tune but keep in mind this 6 speed Auto is a completely different beast than the 4 speed autos that you may have in the goat.

Email Vector at sales@vectormotorsports.com for more help. Brandy will hook ya up!

Chris

very true. you can Email me directly at steve@vectormotorsports.com as well.

Boefadeez
04-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Got my tune via UPS today. Emailed two files to VMS at 10 till 4, got two back 5 minutes after 4. Installed in 20 minutes. Took her out for a spin and pee'd in my pants a little. Very awesome work, VMS.

Eric_GT
04-22-2009, 11:28 AM
How the heck is the base hp on your 08 GT 308 and mine with VR is 302?
Sounds like my GT is a lemon from the factory. Plus, I am only up to 329 with a dyno tune which is 'supposedly' better than 'mail order' tune. How the eff am I missing 20 rwhp? The guys who did my tune have been doing this stuff for years.
:mad: Yeah, I feel a bit ripped!

r33pwrd
04-22-2009, 11:34 AM
How the heck is the base hp on your 08 GT 308 and mine with VR is 302?
Sounds like my GT is a lemon from the factory. Plus, I am only up to 329 with a dyno tune which is 'supposedly' better than 'mail order' tune. How the eff am I missing 20 rwhp? The guys who did my tune have been doing this stuff for years.
:mad: Yeah, I feel a bit ripped!

Well all dyno are dfferent and depending on your area your can may be high or low numbers...

r33pwrd
04-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Well all dyno are dfferent and depending on your area your can may be high or low numbers...

My car almost dynoed 30hp less than the Vector one did (both stock)

flomofo
04-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Unless your cars are exactly the same, dynoed the same day on the same dyno, by the same person and even then exactly the same way by the people operating the dyno, then the dyno is just useful in letting you know how much you improved...

G8GXP4now
04-22-2009, 11:53 AM
I thought Mustang dynos were suppose to read lower than dynojets.
Those number on the vararam and NEP OTR seem way too high compared to some recent SAE corrected figures I have seen posted from dyonjets.

Eric_GT
04-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Well, thats good to know guys.
The guys that did my car are big time. (Not saying Vector is not)
I was just hoping for 350 and got 329. The car itself now feels like a monster. It's just amazing how 329 and 346 is such a huge difference!

r33pwrd
04-22-2009, 12:34 PM
I thought Mustang dynos were suppose to read lower than dynojets.
Those number on the vararam and NEP OTR seem way too high compared to some recent SAE corrected figures I have seen posted from dyonjets.

Dynojet is a customer of mine... I really need to ask them what the variation is dyno to dyno... even if they say %5 +/- variable that could be up to 30hp on a 300hp car...

GeorgeInNePa
04-22-2009, 04:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/GeorgeInNePa/Comedy/facepalm1.jpg

Go to the drag strip, get some runs in. Your MPH, as long as you are not spinning the tires excessively, will show you if you are making horsepower.

Don't beat your head against the wall with dyno numbers.

ddcook08
04-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Racing on a dyno :spank: