PDA

View Full Version : New York International Raceway opening weekend 4/18-4/19

NYG8GT
03-29-2009, 06:18 PM
So anyone from the Western New York area plan on going? Im going Sunday as long as the weather is nice. Hope to see some other G8's there! :woohoo: :devil:

majesticix
03-30-2009, 07:43 AM
I may join you depending on weather and when I return from Virginia. Visiting my sister during the Easter weekend and may stay part or all of that week. Glad to see you hooked up with New Era...your going to love that tune come the 11th. I'm torn between putting some headers in or a cam possibly....decisions, decisions.

GotMyG8V8
03-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Ohhhhh what to do what to do....I might go, but i wanna have something done to the car first, and it looks like the vararam isn't going to be in my hands and installed. Maybe new era IS the way to go, that's what i was leaning towards initially, i really wanna go down there and check out the place anyway. And it's nice to have support close by for the tune.

majesticix
03-30-2009, 12:59 PM
I think the Vararam and NEP OTR intake are going to produce similar performance numbers...I think it's more the look difference. Vararam looks factory, NEP OTR screams aftermarket. I like both myself.

NYG8GT
03-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Ohhhhh what to do what to do....I might go, but i wanna have something done to the car first, and it looks like the vararam isn't going to be in my hands and installed. Maybe new era IS the way to go, that's what i was leaning towards initially, i really wanna go down there and check out the place anyway. And it's nice to have support close by for the tune.

In the Vector thread about the Vararam tune the NEP was only 2hp and 2lb/ft less than the Vararam at any given moment, check it out. Theyre really close in performance and I honestly dont see a reason to chose one over the other. If you dont want to wait for the Vararam, head over the NEP's site and place an order, hell you can even go and pick it up in person if you want, just let him know. Its a good excuse to check out the shop as well ;) Also, Im getting tuned there on the 11th at 10:30am, so if hes cool with you hanging out down there watching that process, come on down. Send him a PM and let him know youd be interested in buying an intake and watching him tune my car, I cant see why he wouldnt mind as long as you stay out of the way, especially if you tell him you have cash in hand for an intake ;)

majesticix
03-30-2009, 07:37 PM
They are a great group of guys over there. My buddy and me hung out there all afternoon when they were testing the OTR on my car. Wonder if Mike has his G8 put back together...I wanted to hear it last time I was there but he had a few parts missing under the hood ;)

Maybe at the proposed New Era cookout???