PDA

View Full Version : Wiper Blade Issue Resolved

mjf232
03-29-2009, 09:01 AM
Well I got tired of getting shitty blades from the dealer (2 exactly with another on order, oh well) so i bought the RainX Latitude 26 inch blade for the drivers side. WOW, this is what I wanted all along. An actual wiper blade that DOES NOT leave a friggn streak right in my view!!! Thank you GOD!! So for any of you having the same streaking problem I had, do yourself a favor and get this blade. You'll be very pleased and it only cost me $18 at walmart. The best mode you'll do and worth every penny.

done12many2
03-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Well I got tired of getting shitty blades from the dealer (2 exactly with another on order, oh well) so i bought the RainX Latitude 26 inch blade for the drivers side. WOW, this is what I wanted all along. An actual wiper blade that DOES NOT leave a friggn streak right in my view!!! Thank you GOD!! So for any of you having the same streaking problem I had, do yourself a favor and get this blade. You'll be very pleased and it only cost me $18 at walmart. The best mode you'll do and worth every penny.

I put these exact blades on the wife's Nissan Armada and they are great. I think I will follow suit and put them on the G8. The streaking is absolutely annoying.

Mike P
03-29-2009, 10:48 AM
awesome! :)

EcoBrick Bob
03-29-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm on my third factory set on 08' courtesy of GM... Plus 09' has streak about 5" higher - out of vision range...

Unfortunately, it never rains in FL!! Hard to test.....

gearhead455
03-29-2009, 03:49 PM
I try not to drive in the rain. :devil:

bobyoung
04-01-2009, 10:37 PM
I bought some supposedly OEM wipers online a few weeks ago and have not had any streaking at all so far.

jbradsh1
04-02-2009, 12:26 AM

I went out right after reading your post and bought 'em. But as Rob Moser said, it hasn't been raining in FL, in so long I can't remember, so I haven't had the chance to try them out. Thanks for the info.

BluYa76
04-02-2009, 12:33 AM
I just replaced mine after reading this and thank-you! That damn streaking was sooooooooo annoying!

Tim

dispatchg8gt
04-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Same thing yesterday. Bought 'em. Tested with just windshield wiper fluid. No streaking whatsoever. Also put on some RainX and had to clean off all the windows.

Offtopic: Oh, not to hijack or anything but anyone have any tips as to how to get rid of the shitty sticky glue from the window sticker? I just noticed it yesterday while I was cleaning the windows that there's a whole lot of it stuck on where my sticker was...dealer apparently never cleaned the windows :puke:

PerfectD3
04-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Offtopic: Oh, not to hijack or anything but anyone have any tips as to how to get rid of the shitty sticky glue from the window sticker? I just noticed it yesterday while I was cleaning the windows that there's a whole lot of it stuck on where my sticker was...dealer apparently never cleaned the windows :puke:

GooGone is your friend! I prefer the GooGone gel. Spray it on, have a smoke (or kill a few minutes for you non-smokers), give a good wipe, and your done.

USAFG8GT
04-02-2009, 04:11 PM
I bought the 16" rainx blade for the righthand side. It's a little big, but it doesn't streak or have any problems. Funny though, the 2 blades almost touch.

djchubbs
04-02-2009, 05:21 PM
I would have taken it back to the dealer and told them to clean that crap off.

SLA
04-02-2009, 05:24 PM
For those who don't want to buy new blades click here (http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=4755).

GT-610
04-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Actually I posted in the LOUNGE area about how to fix the wipers...I bought new blades as well and after 2 weeks the streak came back.In fact it was there on my new set of Rain x latitudes too! its the damn wiper arm that needs to be bent a little cause the angle is bad.Good luck to you if they continue to work!!!

G8GT721
04-03-2009, 04:45 PM
i still need to do the "GT-610 Wiper Mod"

fcsuper
04-05-2009, 08:44 AM
The wiper blade angle has little to do with the pressure. It's the arm spring that provides the pressure, and the angle of the blade arm doesn't change that unless you bend it way out to change the direction of the pressure.

G8GT721, what's the "GT-610 Wiper Mod"? Is GM finally addressing this issue officially?

GT-610
04-11-2009, 04:30 PM
it wipes cleanly on the upstroke,but not the down...this is fixed by changing the blade angle.the "z" bend is very flexible and when the blade rolls from one side to the other,you can see it is not contacting the same

NAiLs
04-12-2009, 04:40 PM
I got both of my blades replaced by the dealer, with OEM blades, and these new blades have not streaked at all. I've had plenty of rain to test them with, and nothing.... yet. I'm extremely happy to not have that stupid streak in my field of view.

Chewy
04-13-2009, 08:38 AM
I'll trade ya'll my suspension issue for your wiper issues... Used mine like mad this morning and STILL no issues... I guess I got lucky... Once isn't bad I guess... lol

bobyoung
04-16-2009, 08:39 PM
I bought a pair of these on ebay and they work great, no streaks at all. My originals streaked from day one.

2008 09 Pontiac G8 VALEO Ultimate Wiper 1 Pr OEM Fit

macautopartsdiscounts

Item number: 190271828814