PDA

View Full Version : Body shop fudged up my wheels.

PantherGTBlack
03-28-2009, 08:45 AM
I had my car in for a small repair on the rear bumper cover. My dad had pulled out my car this winter and didn't pull it in far enough and when he shut the garage door, the hinge went down the back of my bumper! F*&^! Anywho, that is fixed now, but now I have another problem...

I currently have these wheels on my car: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=Avarus&wheelModel=AV4&wheelFinish=BMF+w%2FPolished+Stainless+Lip

As you have noticed they have a stainless steel lip. The Body Shop was being courteous and happened to wash my car for me. I wasn't too happy when I found this out, but that happens.

The end of my story goes to this, whatever the hell they used on my wheels has tarnished stainless steel. All 4 wheels have a stained lip on them with hard-water etching that almost rips your fingernail off when run them over it. It's got a zebra stripe appearance to them from where the water ran down the lip of the wheels. I believe it's a combination of the tire shine they used and sitting out in the sun with out being properly rinsed or the overspray from the tire shine got baked on by the sun. Damnit!

End Rant. Going to give the body shop a chance to fix it, but if I'm not satisfied I'm going to tell them tough shit, you got insurance for a reason. Fix the problem you caused.

Worst part about it, the wheels I have are now discontinued in that offset, FML.

-Ray-
03-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Head over the the Adam's forum and ask for help over there.
That's where I'm headed. Dealership scratched the crap out of my paint.

PantherGTBlack
03-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks, Ray. I'll just copy and paste it over there, lol. Maybe try to snap a few pics.