PDA

View Full Version : Magnacharged Pulley?

norm8332
03-26-2009, 05:50 PM
I hate to keep nagging with these Magnacharger questions, but I'm looking to buy some pulleys now and I have searched the internet for hours and I can't find any pulleys that specifically mention the MP1900.:charlie2:

Does anyone know if these will work:

http://pulleyboys.com/radix.html

The GTO Side shaft pulleys. I plan on getting a 3.2,3.1 and a 3.0 for testing purposes. I want to make sure they will fit before dropping almost $300.

Thanks.

MtbDoc
03-27-2009, 04:07 AM
I'm pretty sure that Mike Haddad can get you the pulleys.

wreckwriter
03-27-2009, 04:14 AM
Agreed, Livernois too likely.

Slizzo
03-27-2009, 07:09 AM
Those sources would probably get you what you needed, but if you do want to continue the search yourself, you may have more luck with TVS1900 rather than MP1900. :p

norm8332
03-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Thanks guys,
Got the answer I needed from Andy@livernois. Yes the Pulleys in the link above will work..Ordering..

BlownG8GT
03-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks guys,
Got the answer I needed from Andy@livernois. Yes the Pulleys in the link above will work..Ordering..

I would suggest purchasing the pulleys from either Haddad or Livernois. There has been a running change with the pulleys, and some vehicles will NOT be able to use the pulley in that link.

norm8332
03-27-2009, 10:09 AM
I would suggest purchasing the pulleys from either Haddad or Livernois. There has been a running change with the pulleys, and some vehicles will NOT be able to use the pulley in that link.

Too late...I hope they fit...I don't have the two piece.

HaddadMotorsports
03-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Too late...I hope they fit...I don't have the two piece.

As far as I know magnacharger has not released there new front pulley design.

Its very easy to know however. One is a press fit and the other is a bolt on, i believe it has four small bolts that hold it together. I saw the protoype but I can't remeber.

Most likely its a press fit, and you should be fine. There are purpose built pullers out there, or you can use a good 2 jaw puller. I've got both and prefer using the 2 jaw.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

Andy@Livernois
03-27-2009, 01:25 PM

Its very easy to know however. One is a press fit and the other is a bolt on, i believe it has four small bolts that hold it together. I saw the protoype but I can't remeber.

Most likely its a press fit, and you should be fine. There are purpose built pullers out there, or you can use a good 2 jaw puller. I've got both and prefer using the 2 jaw.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

Norm's is indeed a traditional press fit. The 5 kits that should be here monday are all going to be the new bolt on 2-piece.

BlownG8GT
03-27-2009, 01:55 PM

Thanks
Mike Haddad

Norm's is indeed a traditional press fit. The 5 kits that should be here monday are all going to be the new bolt on 2-piece.

As of this week, all new kits will have the 2 pc pulley.

RJ'sMgnchrgedG8
03-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Good info.
So why the change to a 2 pc vs traditional?
Sorry, I'm kinda new to this.

HaddadMotorsports
03-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Good info.
So why the change to a 2 pc vs traditional?
Sorry, I'm kinda new to this.

easier to assemble and disassemble.

norm8332
04-18-2009, 04:24 AM
Follow up - The pulleys referenced in the first post DO work. I received my pulleys and they fit perfectly. If you have the G8 Magnacharger TVS1900 system with the one-piece pulley, you can use these.