PDA

View Full Version : GXP Rotors

Ktlplxm
03-25-2009, 05:16 AM
Does anyone know of a replacement rotor for the GXP's? I checked with DBA, but they are $288 each, which seems a bit excessive, afterall its just a 14" rotor. Anyone know of alternatives?

majesticix
03-25-2009, 06:20 AM
lol wow. I remember slapping $15 rotors on my Z24 (the china ones actually corroded less than the American counterparts for some reason). I can only hope I don't pay anywhere near that for rotors on my G8.

r33pwrd
03-25-2009, 06:25 AM
give it some time and im sure there will be some from R1 Concepts... very popular with the TBSS croud.

dukeofpg
03-30-2009, 12:58 PM
I can buy direct replacement GXP Brembo brakes from GM for a very reasonable price. That would include Calipers, Brake pads and rotors. I was at the track last week and a guy with a GXP had the 18" all season wheels on to drive it to the track. So will the GXP Calipers and rotors fit on my GT? Has anyone tried this?

G8V8
03-30-2009, 01:26 PM
I can buy direct replacement GXP Brembo brakes from GM for a very reasonable price. That would include Calipers, Brake pads and rotors. I was at the track last week and a guy with a GXP had the 18" all season wheels on to drive it to the track. So will the GXP Calipers and rotors fit on my GT? Has anyone tried this?

He had 18s on a GXP front? Didn't think they would fit.

Greg@PacePerformance
03-30-2009, 01:53 PM

You go ahead and order some GM rotors and let me know how it goes ;)
They are not available yet!

dukeofpg
03-31-2009, 06:25 AM
We just looked them up in the system. We will need to order to see what is available and when. I have time to wait especially for the price. If you buy Brembos on the street, it will cost $3500. I can get GM Brembos (when available) for less than 1/3 the price. My question is will they fit?

Yes the wheels I saw where definately 18" GM wheels.