PDA

View Full Version : Door Lock chimes?

Kermit
03-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Has anyone else noticed that if you try to lock the doors with the key fob while the doors are still open, you will get 5 fast honks of the horn?
Is there any way to turn that feature off? I would like to just be able to lock my doors without having to wait until I close my doors before trying to lock them.

silver6.0L
03-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Has anyone else noticed that if you try to lock the doors with the key fob while the doors are still open, you will get 5 fast honks of the horn?
Is there any way to turn that feature off? I would like to just be able to lock my doors without having to wait until I close my doors before trying to lock them.

This feature is a pain. Left the door unlock a few times not knowing that the beeps meant the door was not locked. Hard to get used to when my other cars don't have this feature.

edfiero
03-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Just noticed this last week after yelling at my wife for being so slow to get out of the car.

gearhead455
03-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Yeah,same here,makes you look like a dork when you do it by mistake.

:wacko:

Superdave
03-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Yep! Just did it yesterday! I was like, ok.....keep your panties on! :)

J Wikoff
03-29-2009, 06:07 PM
I hate this feature. If I lock it with the remote, it should lock without drama. I've got the keys in my hand, I'm not likely to leave them in the car at this point.

confused2much
03-29-2009, 06:54 PM
makes you look like a dork when you do it by mistake.

That's exactly how I feel when it happens...lol