PDA

View Full Version : Modern-Muscle Inc.

RB Designs
03-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Gotta plug Justin at Modern-Muscle Inc.. He does a great job tuning,
and is very thorough and carefull around your car.

I highly recommend this full service shop. They are also Pedders dealers.

kirkatwork
03-24-2009, 07:06 PM
I was at their open house last Sat. and put my G8 up on the Dyno. They also installed my Borla cat-back previously. When I get headers I expect I'll be talking to them again. Nice shop and good guys. Also some serious cars hanging around there. It was nice to meet you as well RB Designs I wish I could have gone for a ride in your G8. No, probably a bad idea because I wouldn't enjoy my car again until I was pedderized and procharged.

Chewy
03-25-2009, 06:36 AM
What are their shop rates? I need some pedders stuff installed but don't want to spend stupid amounts of cash. Their shop is freaking awesome...

kirkatwork
03-25-2009, 06:50 AM
I'm pretty sure they run about $100/hr

ex. (est. only) Street II Pedders about 10-11 hrs
Track II Pedders about 19-20 hrs

They have a website with contact info and some videos as well. Just google Modern Muscle.

Chewy
03-25-2009, 06:56 AM
I'm pretty sure they run about $100/hr

ex. (est. only) Street II Pedders about 10-11 hrs
Track II Pedders about 19-20 hrs

They have a website with contact info and some videos as well. Just google Modern Muscle.

Yep! Looked at them last week before this thread.

It's the closest Pedders dealer to me...

kirkatwork
03-25-2009, 07:00 AM
Yeah, me too. About 40 minutes from the house. What pedders pieces were you thinking about? (Just curious I'd like to do some suspension mods eventually)

Chewy
03-25-2009, 07:04 AM
My strut bearing and bushing is trashed on the front left so new bearings and bushings on both front.

Perhaps a sway bar front and rear and a couple other small items.

I may just do it myself though... Less money and then I learn more too.

I already did the rear subframe bushings.

kirkatwork
03-25-2009, 07:16 AM
If you have a place to work, you are in business. My driveway isn't the greatest place for projects like this. You are absolutely correct if you can do it yourself, you'll learn a ton. If you have a buddy who's good with this type of thing it can be a big help too. Most of my friends are no help at all when it comes to this type of thing.

MtbDoc
03-25-2009, 09:30 AM
$100/hr labor rates in THIS economy??? I am shocked that they are able to get that.

Chewy
03-25-2009, 10:35 AM
If you have a place to work, you are in business. My driveway isn't the greatest place for projects like this. You are absolutely correct if you can do it yourself, you'll learn a ton. If you have a buddy who's good with this type of thing it can be a big help too. Most of my friends are no help at all when it comes to this type of thing.

My buddy is an ex ASE GM tech and his family owns a shop with 3 hoists... :nah:

lol

I DO NOT like to ask for his help though. I don't like to ask people to do this sort of stuff for me on their off time... :wacko:

kirkatwork
03-25-2009, 11:14 AM
4GASEM - I know what you mean. Unless they are going to need you for something equally challenging but in an area you can help with, it feels like taking advantage.

MtbDoc - The economy being what it is, I do find I am trying to bargain shop wherever possible (or do things myself as 4GASEM is considering). Sometimes that doesn't work out so well. I called the guys at Modern Muscle at 11:00 am on a Sat. to install my cat-back because everybody else local was closed or booked and I had no room in the garage. They said come on out and they pulled a vehicle off of a hoist and were ready when I got there. Expensive @ $100/hr or not they were courteous and helpful and Pat & Justin got the car in and out for me.

RB Designs
03-25-2009, 05:11 PM
These guys are experienced, so a shop that charges 65.00 per hour may take longer and in the end cost more, plus these guy really stand behind their
work. You won't be disappointed.

RB Designs
04-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Gotta brag about my tune some more..........Pedders track day : Tied for fastest lap time against tough cars, ZO6, GT3, GT-R, hit 150 mph on the
front straight. Plus got 24mpg average there and back 1800 miles.
Nice job Justin !

modern-muscle
04-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Glad to hear everything went as well as it did in Jersey, Rick. Thanks to all for the kind words. For those who know us, you know the standard of quality that modern muscle has on each and every project.

To mtbdoc, I usually tell people to not pay much attention to the rate, but to look at your total project cost. We charge people the actual amount of time it takes to complete a job, and not book time or some number we come up with. You would find that our labor charges are completely in line with all local and national rates. In fact, we are typically more affordable than the other large local shops in the area. I personally spend more time on tunes with each car than just about every shop because I am obsessed with making sure things are right. At the same time, I am $50 cheaper per tune than most competing shops. I've always had the attitude that people should get more for less in the area, and I hope that we are keeping true to that.

One thing that is hard for many people to understand is the significant amount of overhead it takes to maintain a 10,000 sq ft shop with the "best of the best" techs and equipment. We know that is what every performance enthusiast expects and we provide exactly that. Although we do not have a huge presence on this board, you will find hundreds of deeply satisfied and loyal customers of modern muscle, and there is a reason for that.

Chewy
04-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Glad to hear everything went as well as it did in Jersey, Rick. Thanks to all for the kind words. For those who know us, you know the standard of quality that modern muscle has on each and every project.

To mtbdoc, I usually tell people to not pay much attention to the rate, but to look at your total project cost. We charge people the actual amount of time it takes to complete a job, and not book time or some number we come up with. You would find that our labor charges are completely in line with all local and national rates. In fact, we are typically more affordable than the other large local shops in the area. I personally spend more time on tunes with each car than just about every shop because I am obsessed with making sure things are right. At the same time, I am $50 cheaper per tune than most competing shops. I've always had the attitude that people should get more for less in the area, and I hope that we are keeping true to that.

One thing that is hard for many people to understand is the significant amount of overhead it takes to maintain a 10,000 sq ft shop with the "best of the best" techs and equipment. We know that is what every performance enthusiast expects and we provide exactly that. Although we do not have a huge presence on this board, you will find hundreds of deeply satisfied and loyal customers of modern muscle, and there is a reason for that.

Great to have you guys here!

OK so what would it take to have you work me up pricing on removing the front struts and installing Pedders bushings and bearings and installing Pedders sway bars front and rear as well as what ever other small items I can get to help it out a little. It's a lease so I don't really want to go all out on it.

I live in the Quad Cities which is West of you some 2-2.5 hours. I would probably drive up and have you do your work and maybe stay overnight up there.

Cheers,
Chris

superspud
04-07-2009, 06:23 AM
My buddy is an ex ASE GM tech and his family owns a shop with 3 hoists... :nah:

lol

I DO NOT like to ask for his help though. I don't like to ask people to do this sort of stuff for me on their off time... :wacko:

I'm the same way... unless it's someone that I've fixed their computer. I wish all the peoples computers I've cleaned viruses off of or fixed in my spare time were ASE GM techs.....

syP
04-14-2009, 08:23 PM
ive heard GREAT things about them... they did a lot of work on my friend Michelles Holden/GTO. The car is a BEAST

Chewy
04-15-2009, 05:03 AM
I spoke with Brad last week and ordered my Pedders stuff from them. Hope to have it put on in the next few weeks.

Very pleasant to deal with.

Chris