PDA

View Full Version : Installed my Vararam today.

99-LS1-SS
03-24-2009, 03:20 PM
I finally got my Vararam and installed it when I got home from work. The directions aren't quite as accurate as the need to be but I'm sure they'll get better. As far as the install goes it's pretty straight forward and easy. My hood shuts with a little more effort now but it's nothing to worry about. I've had my battery unhooked for the last 30 minutes or so. I'm going outside to hook it back up and take it for a test drive. I'll post any butt-o-meter results.

r33pwrd
03-24-2009, 03:28 PM
cool! watch out for cops!

jaywoo
03-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Cool. I am 50/50 with this or the New Era OTR. Can't decide which.

fiveoh
03-24-2009, 03:47 PM
What a tease! Want to know the performance improvement. :D

stryker g8gt
03-24-2009, 04:29 PM
I finally got my Vararam and installed it when I got home from work. The directions aren't quite as accurate as the need to be but I'm sure they'll get better. As far as the install goes it's pretty straight forward and easy. My hood shuts with a little more effort now but it's nothing to worry about. I've had my battery unhooked for the last 30 minutes or so. I'm going outside to hook it back up and take it for a test drive. I'll post any butt-o-meter results.

Well it's been about an hour........

SRG963
03-24-2009, 04:31 PM
cool! watch out for cops!

No joke!

They are out in full force this week.

blackbirdws6
03-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Just got mine installed today as well. I actually inverted the supplied silicone coupler so it's orange to match my car :)

99-LS1-SS
03-24-2009, 05:00 PM
I test drove it. I couldn't tell a huge difference but I did notice better throttle response and it seemed to pull a little better in third and forth which would make sense. I think my car is in serious need of a tune to bring out the maximum potential of the headers and intake. I have plans this weekend so I can't get it tuned then but I hope to have it tuned sometime in the near future.

r33pwrd
03-24-2009, 05:48 PM
I test drove it. I couldn't tell a huge difference but I did notice better throttle response and it seemed to pull a little better in third and forth which would make sense. I think my car is in serious need of a tune to bring out the maximum potential of the headers and intake. I have plans this weekend so I can't get it tuned then but I hope to have it tuned sometime in the near future.

cool! from past experience moving the map will hurt you until you get a tune... so a rotofab may feel better w/o the tune.... but the OTR should pay off with the tune.