PDA

View Full Version : FS: MF Street Series catback

G8V8
03-24-2009, 06:10 AM
SOLD PENDING FUNDS.

This is the street series, 16887.

OK, I'm going to do what I had planned to do initially and that was to get a Corsa. I thought it was not going to happen because of the cost but some good luck befell me, about 3 weeks too late.

Anyway, I have a Magnaflow Street series catback in really good shape that I can sell once I get the Corsa. The MF has one cosmetic issue and that is that I ran over a plactic grocery store bag and it clung to one of the pipes between the "X" and the center muffler. It melted to the pipe. You can't see it unless I'm running you over but i wanted to disclose it as i do like surprises for people buying my stuff.

Other than the bag residue, it is great. i like the sound but my better half is bothered by it.

I'm looking for $575 plus shipping, OBO. I would rather do local in DC metro area but i do have the original box. It will be available once the Corsa comes and is installed. That looks like within 2 weeks or so.

piecesparts
04-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Can you relate to how the system sounded when you had it installed. I am looking for one to fit the 09 and the wife does not want to much of a drone in the car. The Street series system has the intermediate reonator in it, doesn't it?

GXPaycheck
04-26-2009, 01:04 PM
I have it in mine and think it's great! You can hear the AFM kick in/out. I have heard that you can hear the AFM kick in/out but I think that will be the same with all louder muffs. I have read that you can hear it in the Corsa as well, but it's less noticeable than all the other setups. I have the AFM off in mine and it sounds about right. No drone.
If you want good V-8 sound at a good price, get this one!
Wish I could have gotten mine for that price!

2QUIK4U
04-27-2009, 06:32 AM
I actually bought this exhaust a month ago. It sounds good but is to quiet for me even with the headers. You can hear the AFM turn on and off but there is no drone.

piecesparts
04-27-2009, 04:44 PM
I actually bought this exhaust a month ago. It sounds good but is to quiet for me even with the headers. You can hear the AFM turn on and off but there is no drone.

You are talking about the Magna Flow catback "Street" system, correct? I have been reading between everyone's lines and it sounds like it is quieter than the "axleback" system.

2QUIK4U
04-27-2009, 07:49 PM
You are talking about the Magna Flow catback "Street" system, correct? I have been reading between everyone's lines and it sounds like it is quieter than the "axleback" system.

Yes I have the street series pn 16887. It should be about the same sound as just the axleback. It is louder than stock but not by much.