PDA

View Full Version : PIR - March 29th

MissNaySimon
03-23-2009, 01:08 PM
First test and tune! [assuming it doesn't snow, rain, flood..] Brenden, Brandon and I will be there. Will YOU?

:)

R.Penguin
03-23-2009, 06:49 PM
First test and tune! [assuming it doesn't snow, rain, flood..] Brenden, Brandon and I will be there. Will YOU?

:)
I really want to Miss Nay! Holy sh*t! That's this Sunday! Details on the PIR website I presume? :nah:

MissNaySimon
03-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Yep! Gates open at 8, racing at 9. I will most definitely be there. I have been looking forward to this for weeks now. I don't know if I'll break into 12s, but I'm sure I will impress some people with my RTs and driving ability. :) I'm pretty awesome for a little girl!

R.Penguin
03-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Yep! Gates open at 8, racing at 9. I will most definitely be there. I have been looking forward to this for weeks now. I don't know if I'll break into 12s, but I'm sure I will impress some people with my RTs and driving ability. :) I'm pretty awesome for a little girl!
If I can swing it, I will be there. I gotta go to the website now. I can never remember where it is.:p

r33pwrd
03-24-2009, 01:52 PM
im hoping Pacific raceways is dry this sunday!

R.Penguin
03-24-2009, 02:03 PM
im hoping Pacific raceways is dry this sunday!
Roger that. It's a nasty drive for me but maybe not so bad on a Sunday.

Hey, Miss Nay! Do you have to be there at 8:00AM????? :p

xfactor
03-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Okay since I am new to the area I need you guys (lady included) to tell me where pir is and how far away it is in driving time from Vancouver WA?
X

r33pwrd
03-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Okay since I am new to the area I need you guys (lady included) to tell me where pir is and how far away it is in driving time from Vancouver WA?
X

about 3 minutes! PIR is the first exit in Oregon! Vancouver is the last exit in WA! Ok so maybe 10 minutes in traffic and you dont have to pay sales tax at the track either!

xfactor
03-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Ok, what time is everyone going there?

MissNaySimon
03-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Wait a minute - I am NOT talking about Portland!

http://www.pacificraceways.com/

I'm talking about the one up in Kent, WA. I don't want a bunch of people to end up in Oregon!

I don't think you have to be there at 8:00, but I haven't raced this track ever. So, it'll be my first time there to. I'll be traveling with Bobthemonkee's black G8, and my husband will have our F150.

Weather shows only 20% chance of rain, but I'm not going to jinx it!!

xfactor
03-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Dang it. That's 2.5 hours away. Maybe next time.

X

r33pwrd
03-24-2009, 05:45 PM
PIR is Portland international raceway... use to be SIR (seattle int) now goes by pacific raceway (PR or SIR) not to be confused with PIR...

Sunday may be busy but hard to say. Im 10 minutes away from the track so call me if you need a weather update Sunday morning. Last year opening day there was a whole 25 cars there!

xfactor
03-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Ok I'm confused. Sundays drag is in kent not Portland right?

MissNaySimon
03-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Correct. It is in Kent. I've always called it PIR, I didn't even know there was a portland one as well!

I would love a weather update. It's about an hour and a half to 2 hour drive for me, but SO worth it!

r33pwrd
03-27-2009, 11:24 AM
weather is not looking so good :(

BobtheMonkee
03-27-2009, 12:19 PM
yeah, unfortunately it looks like the 4th opening day in a row is going to be rained out :(

one of these days

MissNaySimon
03-27-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm going to keep my head up until they actually cancel it!!

BobtheMonkee
03-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Its on baby!!!!

MANOFSTEEL69
03-29-2009, 07:13 AM
Good luck guys and girls! Race safe!

MissNaySimon
03-29-2009, 07:25 AM
YES!! I woke up this morning and jumped up and down. I'm so excited. Pics and vids later for sure!!

Pen - I hope you show up!! :)

r33pwrd
03-29-2009, 08:59 AM
YES!! I woke up this morning and jumped up and down. I'm so excited. Pics and vids later for sure!!

Pen - I hope you show up!! :)

have fun! I woke up this morning and feel like shit so im staying at home :( plus the car is a mess!

MissNaySimon
03-29-2009, 05:51 PM
to sum up my day of racing: It didn't happen.

We showed up about 12. When swapping our drag tires on, we SOMEHOW got a socket stuck on one of our lugs. We managed to get one tire on, but realized - oh hey, we need that socket. So, we torqued the rest down and went to federal way to have a shop just put both tires on.

Came back through the gate same time as Bobthemonkee, and they said we could go through to race because we had told them we were coming back after some technically difficulties. After talking to a nice man in a Z06, I found my way to the registration area. I told the lady that we were here earlier and that the gate said I could still race. She pretty much told me to go away and that I wouldn't have time to run and that she wouldn't sell me my registration. Pissed off, we left.

On the way out, my husband got a little angry with the gate people and they gave him a refund on his 10 dollar ticket. We didn't get to race, OR watch any other races.

All in all, I think we wasted close to 100 dollars today, and drove 300 miles between our two vehicles.

I am not going back to PR.

R.Penguin
03-29-2009, 06:55 PM
to sum up my day of racing: It didn't happen.

We showed up about 12. When swapping our drag tires on, we SOMEHOW got a socket stuck on one of our lugs. We managed to get one tire on, but realized - oh hey, we need that socket. So, we torqued the rest down and went to federal way to have a shop just put both tires on.

Came back through the gate same time as Bobthemonkee, and they said we could go through to race because we had told them we were coming back after some technically difficulties. After talking to a nice man in a Z06, I found my way to the registration area. I told the lady that we were here earlier and that the gate said I could still race. She pretty much told me to go away and that I wouldn't have time to run and that she wouldn't sell me my registration. Pissed off, we left.

On the way out, my husband got a little angry with the gate people and they gave him a refund on his 10 dollar ticket. We didn't get to race, OR watch any other races.

All in all, I think we wasted close to 100 dollars today, and drove 300 miles between our two vehicles.

I am not going back to PR.
Good grief! The weather looked like sh*t up here so I rolled over and slept 'til 9.

Looks like the next day is late April?? If That looks iffy, I wil perform the naked penguin anti-rain dance in front of the house. That always guarantees results.

I just hope they don't use the taser again. My ass still hurts! :p

r33pwrd
03-29-2009, 06:59 PM
that sucks! wish I had been there I only live 10 minutes away from the track and have all the tools you would have needed. I have raced there 100 plus times and never had a bad experience. It must have been busy if they turned you away.

MissNaySimon
03-29-2009, 08:56 PM
I think it was. I was very sad, and I cried. :( For reals. I have been looking forward to my first track day for months now.

cobrakid
03-30-2009, 04:50 AM
I would have asked for a manager, and thrown an F-in fit!

Sorry about that. Terrible experience. Woman sounded like she was in a pissy mood.