PDA

View Full Version : Pedders Touring Package with no drop

PerfectD3
03-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Anyone done this and got pics? I have already ordered their street kit for the bushings and really dont know about the track 2 kit. I want a 'slight' drop (because moody afb has hardcore speed bumps and I already hit the tread spikes on the bottom of my car if one other person is in it) and a little more steering response, but I dont want to have a rock hard suspension either. I want my car to be a little better on turns, but if I want to rape any turns I have my bike for that :devil:

Chewy
05-04-2009, 05:06 AM
OK guys and gals I got the Pedders Touring Kit with OE height springs installed on Friday. Modern Muscle is a great shop and treated me VERY well. They took the time to bring me back to the car and show me all the new parts they were going to install. :)

The Touring kit gives you the rear sub frame bushes, new struts, strut bushes, bearings and of course springs. It keeps it close to stock height albeit slightly lower. (just right for our winters IMO)

I also had them install the EP6560 kit which replaces the front control arm bushes and adds the eccentric washers to add caster to the steering.

OK let me start by saying DAMN! The caster washers are STUPID expensive but VERY noticeable straight away... The struts and springs stiffen the suspension up noticeably but not to the point of harsh. It's definitely more stable in the sweepers and in the tight corners. My front clunk over bumps is GONE but the creak is still there. Justin (owner of MM) checked it out and said it's DEFINITELY the drivers side motor mount. So off to the stealer for some warranty replacement action I hope... :)

Anyway... If anyone is looking for a MUCH improved suspension but doesn't want to spend STUPID amounts of money on the car I would suggest the touring kit with the EP6560 kit. It made my car a whole different animal without draining my savings. :woohoo:

Sorry the pics were taken with my phone at dusk so they're a bit grainy.

Night Train
05-04-2009, 08:03 AM
OK guys and gals I got the Pedders Touring Kit with OE height springs installed on Friday. Modern Muscle is a great shop and treated me VERY well. They took the time to bring me back to the car and show me all the new parts they were going to install. :)

The Touring kit gives you the rear sub frame bushes, new struts, strut bushes, bearings and of course springs. It keeps it close to stock height albeit slightly lower. (just right for our winters IMO)

I also had them install the EP6560 kit which replaces the front control arm bushes and adds the eccentric washers to add caster to the steering.

OK let me start by saying DAMN! The caster washers are STUPID expensive but VERY noticeable straight away... The struts and springs stiffen the suspension up noticeably but not to the point of harsh. It's definitely more stable in the sweepers and in the tight corners. My front clunk over bumps is GONE but the creak is still there. Justin (owner of MM) checked it out and said it's DEFINITELY the drivers side motor mount. So off to the stealer for some warranty replacement action I hope... :)

Anyway... If anyone is looking for a MUCH improved suspension but doesn't want to spend STUPID amounts of money on the car I would suggest the touring kit with the EP6560 kit. It made my car a whole different animal without draining my savings. :woohoo:

Sorry the pics were taken with my phone at dusk so they're a bit grainy.

Thanks for the review. I am in the process of picking a kit myself. I am looking at the XA or the Street 2. Seems that no matter what you do, it will be the right thing.

Chewy
05-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the review. I am in the process of picking a kit myself. I am looking at the XA or the Street 2. Seems that no matter what you do, it will be the right thing.

If you don't mind spending the money go all out!

Mine is a lease so spending 4000 plus was out.

-Ray-
05-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Chris is a pedderfile now!

East TX muscle cars
05-04-2009, 09:12 AM

what are you wanting out of your car? Let me know if i can help we can get you a kit that fits you best!

bullydog
05-06-2009, 06:27 PM
could you, would you, measure from the ground to the fender lips for us?

Chewy
05-07-2009, 06:52 AM
Nope but I will measure from the wheel lip up... I hooked the end of the tape under the wheel lip and measured up to the bottom of the fender lip. Pedders says it's normal for the height to vary from one side to another. My drivers side is about 1/2" lower than the passenger side is. Not a big deal but it'd be nice if it were even I guess. I guess it's set up for left handers... lol

So the drivers front is 25-1/4
Drivers rear is 24-1/4
Pass front is 25-5/8
Pass rear is 24-3/4

bullydog
05-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Thanks!

My stock GXP measures

LF 24 1/2 RF 24 1/2
LR 24 1/4 RR 24 3/8

Pretty much spot on your numbers.. I guess no drop really means no drop.

Chewy
05-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Thanks!

My stock GXP measures

LF 24 1/2 RF 24 1/2
LR 24 1/4 RR 24 3/8

Pretty much spot on your numbers.. I guess no drop really means no drop.

My rear is definitely lower than stock... Maybe the GXP sits lower or the wheel lips are different.

Just to clear up any confusion... Mine are 19" rims.

zosoboogie
05-07-2009, 07:18 AM
i got the street kit 2 with no drop I go pictures somewhere plus performance at the track

beach
05-07-2009, 07:53 AM
My rear is definitely lower than stock... Maybe the GXP sits lower or the wheel lips are different.

Just to clear up any confusion... Mine are 19" rims.

This is what I'll be doing, with a lot of mix & match extra bushings and such, and Frank with Rocksand told me "half an inch all around." That works for me, especially now that I think my front is already getting lower with the struts riding higher into the fenders ever so slightly thanks to the shot front strut bushings, making the rear look even a little higher. Or at least I think it is.

The higher rear has always looked, hmm, to me, so the Pedders "OE Height" with the 1/2" or whatever it is as 4GASEM now shows seems great.

Chewy
05-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Just talked to Modern Muscle about the difference from one side to another and Pedders believes it to be normal. I will leave alone until June when I plan to go to Chi town and perhaps have some sway bars installed. We'll see... For now I will keep and eye on them. The car is supposed to settle a bit with time and miles.

Chris

Panzer Leader
05-07-2009, 06:24 PM
The clunking you hear are the motor mounts. GM is supposively aware of the problem. If so that means the mounts need to be replaced as well as the strut bushings and bearings. No problem, shit happens but I just want to know that GM will replace the parts. The best answer is for Pedder parts and GM labor. Quick fix to a bad problem. Just my opinion of course.

Chewy
05-08-2009, 05:08 AM
Yeah the motor mount IS on order and will be replaced. My fiance' works for a Pontiac dealer now... hehehe... So... They listened and said; "yeah order one..." Then the Service writer asked the mechanic "what about all these aftermarket parts on here; will they still cover it under warranty?" The mechanic said; "Oh yeah I can't see why not." and I said "It's not like I've had the motor out of the car!"

Anyway... I should get it in the next couple of weeks I hope... I will wait while it's installed. I'm not leaving the car there all day for them to beat the $hit out of it.

The motor mount ISN'T clunking. It creaks when the engine moves (which is a lot) and over extreme bumps.

Chris

jbradsh1
05-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Nope but I will measure from the wheel lip up... I hooked the end of the tape under the wheel lip and measured up to the bottom of the fender lip. Pedders says it's normal for the height to vary from one side to another. My drivers side is about 1/2" lower than the passenger side is. Not a big deal but it'd be nice if it were even I guess. I guess it's set up for left handers... lol

So the drivers front is 25-1/4
Drivers rear is 24-1/4
Pass front is 25-5/8
Pass rear is 24-3/4

I just went out and measured mine, which is all stock, and all were at exactly 25 1/16 inches, no variation at all.