PDA

View Full Version : Pulley Puller for Magnacharger?

norm8332
03-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know what type of puller is needed for the mp1900 pulley. Someone said power steering, but there are a couple different types. I dont want to damage this thing.

Any replies welcome.

Andy@Livernois
03-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Norm, IIRC the magnacharger uses a keyway pulley and a retainer nut. I guess I didn't look close enough, but I think you can just take off the nut and pull it off by hand...

BlownG8GT
03-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Norm, IIRC the magnacharger uses a keyway pulley and a retainer nut. I guess I didn't look close enough, but I think you can just take off the nut and pull it off by hand...

negative, there is a slight press on the pulley. a 3 jaw puller will be needed to get it off, and you want to make sure you do not drop the key when pulling!

norm8332
03-22-2009, 06:59 PM
negative, there is a slight press on the pulley. a 3 jaw puller will be needed to get it off, and you want to make sure you do not drop the key when pulling!

Thanks for the info, I'm not doing it yet, I am in the "collecting phase". I am doing it in the future though.

On the pulleys themselves, do the Radix pulleys work? I cant find any that are specific to our application.

MtbDoc
03-23-2009, 06:27 AM
We're moving quickly now, aren't we?!?!?!

Smaller pulley is definitely needed...

norm8332
03-23-2009, 09:36 AM
We're moving quickly now, aren't we?!?!?!

Smaller pulley is definitely needed...

Although powerfull, you get used to the 3.3 fast.

I have to free up the exhaust first. I'm awaiting the results from a maggie+Corsa cat back install that another member is having done this week to see how it sounds..

Andy@Livernois
03-23-2009, 11:08 AM
that should be done on Wednesday sir ;)

MtbDoc
03-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Although powerfull, you get used to the 3.3 fast.

I have to free up the exhaust first. I'm awaiting the results from a maggie+Corsa cat back install that another member is having done this week to see how it sounds..

I am curious about that...as it seems that the cats are an issue, it has sounded like we really need to go the whole enchilada to headers/X-pipe, which is a LOT more $$. If this will work with a REASONABLE level of boost/power, fine...or GRRRR8!

edit: Just saw some pricing on the Corsa...good golly Miss Molly, why not just do headers/X-pipe?!?!? This is just as expensive.

norm8332
03-23-2009, 04:09 PM
I am curious about that...as it seems that the cats are an issue, it has sounded like we really need to go the whole enchilada to headers/X-pipe, which is a LOT more $$. If this will work with a REASONABLE level of boost/power, fine...or GRRRR8!

edit: Just saw some pricing on the Corsa...good golly Miss Molly, why not just do headers/X-pipe?!?!? This is just as expensive.

Drone without the stock axlebacks. It's either ARH LTs with stock axelbacks or the corsa catback system for me. But Livernois thinks the stock axlebacks are a restriction with FI.

EcoBrick Bob
03-23-2009, 06:01 PM
I have little or no drone with either of my G8's with Magnaflows. One has h-pipe + magnaflows, and other has Magnaflow street system.

The key is to eliminate the DOD activation which I assume has been done with the Magnacharger tune. Before VMS deleted it in both tunes, it was horrible around 50 mph, when AFM/DOD kicked in.

Dan@Livernois
03-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Drone without the stock axlebacks. It's either ARH LTs with stock axelbacks or the corsa catback system for me. But Livernois thinks the stock axlebacks are a restriction with FI.

Whats up Norm? Hows the Ride?

I think there is a restriction in the headers to but the Cat Back is usually an easier swap....And if you are going to do a Cat back my choice is the Corsa if you dont want the Drone. Some people actually want the noise so I guess its really up to the customer.

Like Andy said we are gonna do the same swap as this weekend on a Maggie GT...We will post the results

Thanks

Dan

RJ'sMgnchrgedG8
03-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Whats up Norm? Hows the Ride?

I think there is a restriction in the headers to but the Cat Back is usually an easier swap....And if you are going to do a Cat back my choice is the Corsa if you dont want the Drone. Some people actually want the noise so I guess its really up to the customer.

Like Andy said we are gonna do the same swap as this weekend on a Maggie GT...We will post the results

Thanks

Dan

Any updates?

Norm, what smaller drive pulleys are you considering with the Maggie?

Thanks,

RJ

norm8332
03-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Any updates?

Norm, what smaller drive pulleys are you considering with the Maggie?

Thanks,

RJ

I was thinking a 3.1..some went 3.0 but I think that might be pushing it. We'll see. I want to change the trans tune a bit when I go smaller. Put some TQ Mgmt back in so it lives awhile.

Great tune Dan. It's perfect for my current setup, but with more power I am going to want to soften it just a bit.

norm8332
03-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Got the 3 jaw puller today, now I just need to find that pulley.

Does anyone know if these will fit??

http://pulleyboys.com/radix.html