PDA

View Full Version : Leaking tranny fluid!

GT-610
03-21-2009, 05:51 PM
left a few spots and didnt realize it was from my g8. Wrnt in for oil change today and they confirmed it from underneath that its tranny fluid.Its coming down right onto the oil filter...I guess its off to the dealer on monday.

I think i will have a tranny service done while they have it.I'm at 20k now..is that about right? other cars I have owned have needed it every 20...is the g8 the same?(sometimes the manual and what mech's recommend is slightly different)

GRRRR8
03-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Off of the oil filter could be the trans cooler line gasket. The lines bolt to the trans like a a/c compressor manifold line does.

Devilish34
03-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Off of the oil filter could be the trans cooler line gasket. The lines bolt to the trans like a a/c compressor manifold line does.

Should be and easy diy fix

GT-610
03-22-2009, 11:08 AM
yeah,should be really easy to fix....for the dealer-for free!

so should i do tranny service too,Charlie???

GT-610
03-23-2009, 01:00 PM
ok...heres the skinny.I wanted the dealer to update the tranny since it didnt make a difference the first time it was done-turns out the update is in!!!sucks cause I never saw any changes-still has the flat spot in acceleration and the lurching!

ANYWAY...its not a tranny leak its oil! so they put the purple dye in to make sure but it looks to be a TSB for this...its like doing a rear main seal job-they said the tranny gets dropped and a special sealant is added,yatta yatta...Charlie probably knows what this is.

so back to the dealer when the parts come in to get fixed next monday....boohooo.

GRRRR8
03-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Oil pan gasket seems to be the #1 issue. Its the sealer that you put in the 4 spots that seems to cause the leak. Mine is dry as a bone now! :)

R.Penguin
03-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Oil pan gasket seems to be the #1 issue. Its the sealer that you put in the 4 spots that seems to cause the leak. Mine is dry as a bone now! :)
"Mine is dry as a bone now!"

I love it when you talk dirty!:no: