PDA

View Full Version : OBD-II Gauges

DallasGT
03-20-2009, 08:14 PM
With our limited information displays on the G8, has anyone done some good research on the aftermarket OBD-II gauges?

I keep looking at the '09 slot where the Atari gauges were on the '08 and think that possibly the Scangauge II would fit nicely with its rectangular size. Any thoughts or ideas.

I know the Scangauge II is quite a bit cheaper than the Aeroforce, but I could probably use some edu-ma-cation...

Darkside
03-21-2009, 02:47 AM
I guess it comes down to how much you want to spend, and how nice you want it to look. I wanted a factory look so I went with the AeroForce gauges and the dual pod. I considered going with the Hsv triple pod and 3 gauge Aeroforce but I didn't want to spend the additional few hundred. I had a Dashhawk in my old TBSS and loved it, not sure if its compatible with the G8 yet. The Scangauge looks cheap to me and would seem out of place inside the car.

wreckwriter
03-21-2009, 04:22 AM
Lots of us use Dashhawks.

IXLR8
03-23-2009, 12:58 PM
The Dashhawk has other benefits, like enabling engine fan control while you are waiting to stage, and performance logging. But it interferes with Onstar if used continuously.

My 2 cents.