PDA

View Full Version : Livernois Stage 1 Update!

jbradsh1
03-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Well, I'm in a writing mood tonight so I thought I give an update on my experience with my car after the cam install @Livernois.

Mileage
freeway: definitely as good, probably better than stock
around town: definitely worse, about 3 mpg (ask me if I care)

Performance
I continue to be amazed, in fact, I have to watch it now when I get on it cause I'm doing 80 mph so fast, it's like having a pretty fast MC, it builds speed so fast.

Engine Noise
Wouldn't know, I never here any except if I get out of the car with the engine running, then I hear some light valve train noise.
Car still sounds box stock unless you get on it some
Very quiet at cruise, absolutely no drone

Engine
idle quality is very good
smooth running at all rpm's
no flat spots in the power curve
not a peaky powerband at all but very steady increase in pull
took off the engine cover, still don't hear valve train noise in car

Happyness of Owner
I just love this car now, look for any excuse to just drive it, anywhere.

Value for Money Spent
Excellent, how's an extra 75 rwhp grab ya

Would I have this mod done again
Yes I would, if I could figure out how to do it again

Service at Business Establishment where work was performed
Tops

Quality of Work
Tops

After Sales Service & Support
Excellent, only other company I personally know that is in this league is VMS but I'm sure there are more

Livernois Motorsports
03-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Jeff,

Thank you for the excellent write-up and kind words!

I'm glad you're pleased with the results! I liked how quiet it was and how good it ran!

Have you been back to the track with the mods?

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

13 QTR
03-21-2009, 01:27 AM
I still think..you need some LT's in a bad way...:poke:

jbradsh1
03-21-2009, 03:39 AM
Jeff,

Thank you for the excellent write-up and kind words!

I'm glad you're pleased with the results! I liked how quiet it was and how good it ran!

Have you been back to the track with the mods?

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Yep, see the 1/4 mile section and I'm glad you liked the result of the cam as well.

jbradsh1
03-21-2009, 03:40 AM
I still think..you need some LT's in a bad way...:poke:

I hear ya. Have to save up some more dinero first. I'm a little short over the next couple of months.

BigV8
03-25-2009, 03:32 PM
I hear ya. Have to save up some more dinero first. I'm a little short over the next couple of months. I;m looking to get what you got and was wondering if you thought of a maggie rather than stage 1. I know the maggies more, just curious

MtbDoc
03-25-2009, 04:15 PM
These cam/headers cars are delivering ~450rwhp. That is impressive. Given the reported drivability, it would appear that Livernois has come up with a winner. Glad you are happy and enjoying this!

jbradsh1
03-25-2009, 05:06 PM
I;m looking to get what you got and was wondering if you thought of a maggie rather than stage 1. I know the maggies more, just curious

I did but the way I see it is that the Maggie gives you more torque, lot's more, and traction becomes a limiting factor, on the street at least, when you get over about 415-440 rwhp. I like the response and feel of a cammed motor more than a supercharged one, and I'm not a big fan of supercharger whine.

jbradsh1
03-25-2009, 06:31 PM
These cam/headers cars are delivering ~450rwhp. That is impressive. Given the reported drivability, it would appear that Livernois has come up with a winner. Glad you are happy and enjoying this!

Thanks, I really like the car the way it is, lot's of fun.

Dan@Livernois
03-25-2009, 06:40 PM
I did but the way I see it is that the Maggie gives you more torque, lot's more, and traction becomes a limiting factor, on the street at least, when you get over about 415-440 rwhp. I like the response and feel of a cammed motor more than a supercharged one, and I'm not a big fan of supercharger whine.

Jeff I will be in Florida this weekend March 27-30th and I know you wanted to adjust some shift points and some other stuff. Let me know if this works for you or anyone else you might know that wants tuning in the area. I can make some serious deals on Tunes.

My schedule is as follows

Friday - Sarasota/Bradenton area at Bradenton Motorsports Park most of the day.

Saturday - morning I will be in St. Petersburg (busy in the afternoon)

Sunday - Sarasota/Bradenton area at Bradenton Motorsports Park 10 am - 4pm.

And lastly I think I will be in Jacksonville Sunday night......

If anyone wants my cell PM me

Thanks

Dan

jbradsh1
03-25-2009, 07:15 PM
My schedule is as follows

Friday - Sarasota/Bradenton area at Bradenton Motorsports Park most of the day.

Saturday - morning I will be in St. Petersburg (busy in the afternoon)

Sunday - Sarasota/Bradenton area at Bradenton Motorsports Park 10 am - 4pm.

Thanks

Dan

Hey Dan, you surfaced! Glad you're coming down. The St Pete location is best for me. Morning is perfect, say around 10 am. Would that work for you? Let me know if the Sat. time works for you. Jeff

Dan@Livernois
03-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Hey Dan, you surfaced! Glad you're coming down. The St Pete location is best for me. Morning is perfect, say around 10 am. Would that work for you? Let me know if the Sat. time works for you. Jeff

You have my Cell number right? Give me a shout Friday Morning and we can set a time there..

Thanks again....You gotta check out the Maggie's we have done I think those are gonna work real good on a cam car!

Dan

jbradsh1
03-25-2009, 07:40 PM
You have my Cell number right? Give me a shout Friday Morning and we can set a time there..

Thanks again....You gotta check out the Maggie's we have done I think those are gonna work real good on a cam car!

Dan

Yes I do & sounds good. I'll give you a shout Saturday AM. Thanks, Jeff