PDA

View Full Version : mail order tuning

sstolen
03-20-2009, 06:52 PM
since im in bfe when it comes to tuning and i only plan on doing minor bolt ons.

who is everyone using for mail order tunes? who offers them and who should i avoid.

i have seen VMS, on here, i have used pcmforless before, etc.

basically who is good, who isnt, and what not.

imlooking for driveablility, not risky tunes for that extra 1hp or 0% TM for that extra tire chirp in third. i want 100k mile reliability, more power, more fun, and better mpg.

basically i want to have my cake and eat it too lol is that too much to ask?

Slizzo
03-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Well, VMS offers those cables now and you can flash if you have a laptop & whatnot. I think they can do "remote tuning" basically with them? Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Even if you get their basic "canned" tune, it's a great starting point.

ThugHunter
03-21-2009, 03:08 AM
Consider a Superchips Cortex if you're only doing minor bolt ons. It is the most convenient of any tune as you can change from 87 octane, 91, 93 to stock in all of five minutes. You can also adjust the TCM from 0% to 125%, disable AFM/DOD, disable speed limiter and couple other minor tweaks. I'm happy with mine, it's by far the most improvement of any mod I've made on any of my 20 cars I've had. A transmission tune is a must on the G8.

Maryland Speed has them for $345 w/free shipping. And if I'm not mistaken, there's a 30 day return policy if you don't like the results.

Devilish34
03-21-2009, 04:11 AM
VMS with the cables that way you can have Kirk fine tune it.

MANOFSTEEL69
03-21-2009, 04:15 AM
Livernois offers a mail order tune, w/laptop.....As well as, as you do it, step by step, over the phone help.

jbradsh1
03-21-2009, 04:52 AM
VMS with the cables that way you can have Kirk fine tune it.

Good idea. My experience is that Kirk @VMS will really help you with the mail order flash express tune. And if you ever do mod your car I'm sure he already has a program for it that you can get and download very easily. Keep your tune up to date, so to speak.

SRG963
03-21-2009, 05:02 AM
Don't forget about Chuck CoW's tune :)

There are many reputable tuners, choice is yours.

I chose the Cortex by Superchips.

Alvin
03-21-2009, 06:10 AM
Just let us know if we can help you, We have been in the mail order tuning business for years now and are also hptuner dealers. With HPtuners we can email a file for you to flash into the car and fine tweak it via email. Hptuners also allows you to modify and change your own tune should you feel confortable to do so.

PerfectD3
03-22-2009, 04:05 AM
Not to hijack this thread, but besides VMS do any of them offer "stealth" tunes? Is there any super duper how-to's for doing your own tune with HPtuners? I'm in the military so mail order seems my only option :(

Devilish34
03-22-2009, 04:52 AM
I don't think so but VMS and their new cables looks like a great option. I already have a VMS tune but I plan on buying the cables for fine tuning.

Steve@Vectormotorsports
03-23-2009, 06:05 AM
Not to hijack this thread, but besides VMS do any of them offer "stealth" tunes? Is there any super duper how-to's for doing your own tune with HPtuners? I'm in the military so mail order seems my only option :(

We are currently the only tuners offering stealth tunes.

Livernois Motorsports
03-23-2009, 07:19 AM
We offer remote tuning.

Through remote tuning, we are able to achieve results equivalent to dyno tuning for aftermarket power adder or full bolt-on vehicles that normally require custom tuning at a dyno facility.

All you will need is a broadband internet connection. If you don’t have broadband internet connection available, we do have a Broadband wireless connection card. We will supply a laptop and cable which will allow us to login through a remote connection. The remote connection will allow us to control the laptop while we talk to you via instant messenger or telephone, taking you step by step through the entire process.

We require a $500.00 credit card deposit for the rental hardware. Upon return, we will credit your card the full amount minus $299.99 cost of tuning.

You will receive a prepaid UPS return shipment label to return the hardware. Once received, we will refund the rental charge to your credit card.

All shipping to the customer is UPS 2nd Day Air.

Please call 313-561-5500 ex. 2123 or pm me if you're interested.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports