PDA

View Full Version : resetting oil change light

jboogie
03-20-2009, 12:20 PM
How do u reset the oil change light?

GRRRR8
03-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Press gas pedal to floor 3 times with engine off and key on.

IcePickFreak
03-20-2009, 01:43 PM
You have 5 seconds to do it as well after turning the key to the on position. Or so says the *cough* owner's manual. ;)

Maybe I missed it, but kinda odd that there is no confirmation that it was successful other than checking it in engineering mode. The manual didn't seem to indicate any confirmation ding or beep would happen either.

jboogie
03-20-2009, 02:10 PM
I got it (i think..) i didnt see it after restarting the car.

MitsukiGT
03-20-2009, 02:28 PM
I just did what grrrr8 said last week and it worked. I didn't have the change oil light, but my oil life rest back to 99%.

jboogie
03-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Whats the interval for the reminder? I just put some Mobile 1 EP in and it says it can stay in up to 15K miles. I wont leave it in that long.. But if the car reminds me like, ever 5k miles or so.. That would be cool.

R.Penguin
03-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Whats the interval for the reminder? I just put some Mobile 1 EP in and it says it can stay in up to 15K miles. I wont leave it in that long.. But if the car reminds me like, ever 5k miles or so.. That would be cool.
Once again, in the *cough* owner's manual, it says, in effect, that the Engine Control Module will monitor driving conditions, habits, etc., and one morning will wake up and say to itself (yes, it is alive), "well F*ck Me! I need new oil."

Luckily for you, I don't answer too many questions here since, as a penguin, I don't have a serious bone in my head. :hang:

You will, however, continue to get the *cough* message until you actually break down an at least skim thru the owners manual. :p

jboogie
03-20-2009, 05:29 PM
well since i kinda *cough* misplaced my owners manual.. I need to either buy a new one or come on a forum and *cough* *cough* ask questions.. :pee:

MitsukiGT
03-20-2009, 05:45 PM
LOL, I actually read the manual to find that info.

What's with all the coughing anyway? Starting to feel like we are in a doctor's office getting checked for hernia:puke:

Orange Crush
03-22-2009, 02:36 AM
I'm sure this has been covered a ton of times already,but how do I get into Engineering Mode again?

G8GT721
03-22-2009, 06:18 AM
I'm sure this has been covered a ton of times already,but how do I get into Engineering Mode again?

hold down the button that looks like a road on the steering wheel and then turn ignition on