PDA

View Full Version : Oil Catch Can - Billet Prototypes!

jbradsh1
03-19-2009, 05:54 PM
I just had the Livernois stage 1 cam installed and I never installed the oil catch can I bought from Billet Prototypes. It's brand new in the box, Silver colored or actually it's probably the natural billet aluminum which looks silver. Comes with hose but no clamps as they didn't send them with this kit. I think I paid around $115 with shipping. It's a first class mod. I would sell it for $75 shipping included.

BigRob
03-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Why don't u install it?

jbradsh1
03-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Why don't u install it?

When you get the cam installed and they take out the DOD system, they also plug up the outlet and inlets that you would connect the catch can to. So there is no longer any place to hook it up to.

BigRob
03-20-2009, 01:34 AM
right on, i wish i would have seen this a week ago! i just got mine in the mail today, but i really like it. Worth the loot imo. i kinda wanna check it already! lol. Hope it sells. someone needs to get on this

jbradsh1
03-20-2009, 06:12 AM
right on, i wish i would have seen this a week ago! i just got mine in the mail today, but i really like it. Worth the loot imo. i kinda wanna check it already! lol. Hope it sells. someone needs to get on this

Send it back and buy mine! :devil:

Just joking.

Crazy Paul
03-20-2009, 06:19 AM
When you get the cam installed and they take out the DOD system, they also plug up the outlet and inlets that you would connect the catch can to. So there is no longer any place to hook it up to.

Read this thread from Post #5 onwards. It tells you how to connect it up after a DOD delete.

http://www.forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=4677

ronbuick
03-20-2009, 07:18 AM
I will take it, let me know.

Ron

p71
03-20-2009, 11:55 AM
ok... catch cans are there to stop the oil getting through a breather tube right? If the DOD delete removes the breather tube you do not need the catch can anymore right/ or do i have no clue what i am missing somehting?

Crazy Paul
03-20-2009, 12:00 PM
The DOD Delete merely replaces the long "breather tube" that came from the back drivers side of the engine..........with a short U shaped "breather hose" that now comes from the front passenger side of the engine.

After DOD delete you still have a "breather tube" and a potential use for a catch can.

p71
03-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks Paul

GeorgeInNePa
03-20-2009, 02:20 PM
I just had the Livernois stage 1 cam installed and I never installed the oil catch can I bought from Billet Prototypes. It's brand new in the box, Silver colored or actually it's probably the natural billet aluminum which looks silver. Comes with hose but no clamps as they didn't send them with this kit. I think I paid around $115 with shipping. It's a first class mod. I would sell it for $75 shipping included.

Read this thread from Post #5 onwards. It tells you how to connect it up after a DOD delete.

http://www.forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=4677

jbradsh1, should we lock this for you?

GRRRR8
03-20-2009, 02:22 PM
These motors need a catch can. When you eliminate DOD all it is is like having a LS2 Vette set up. Plenty of those with catch cans. :)

jeppsG8
03-20-2009, 04:00 PM
It probably should be locked. I'm just awaiting payment instructions from jbradsh1. We've been talking via PM.

jbradsh1
03-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Well sorry for the delay and any confusion, I've been workin' late. I brought the catch can up to Livernois when I had the cam installed and asked them to install it. But the response was "not needed". So here we are. Seems like I may still need it so be patient please as I'm going to check some more on this. But what you guys say makes sense, especially your comment Charlie. So I have been talking with jeppsG8 about selling it to him, so he'll be the one I sell it to, if I don't still need the darn thing.

GRRRR8
03-20-2009, 04:35 PM
What is stopping oil from getting into the intake if there is no catch can on any LS motor? NOTHING.

jbradsh1
03-20-2009, 04:40 PM
What is stopping oil from getting into the intake if there is no catch can on any LS motor? NOTHING.

Makes sense to me. I wish there was a set of directions in the kit so I could feel comfortable installing the thing myself.

jeppsG8
03-20-2009, 04:43 PM
There are really good instructions on the BP website. If you are going to use it, great. If you still decide to sell it please let me know. I'm ready to go on your instructions.

Brandon

jbradsh1
03-20-2009, 04:45 PM
There are really good instructions on the BP website. If you are going to use it, great. If you still decide to sell it please let me know. I'm ready to go on your instructions.

Brandon

I appreciate your understanding. Look for my PM.

Thanks, Jeff

BigRob
03-20-2009, 04:55 PM
be careful when you take the clip out of the TB!!!! if not, get you some silicone!!! :)

jbradsh1
03-20-2009, 05:55 PM
be careful when you take the clip out of the TB!!!! if not, get you some silicone!!! :)

If I'm not mistaken, there is a screw, which if you remove it, the whole wiring plug comes right off and out of the way.

BigRob
03-20-2009, 05:59 PM
not on the plug that i snapped the TB clip onto... it has a clip that must be depressed... if you look at the billet prototypes install pics, its pic 7. i also put up a thread about it, but i think im good now. just want to advise the rest!

ETIDMotorsports
03-21-2009, 12:14 AM
Ill take it if the first sale dosen't go through.

jbradsh1
03-21-2009, 04:25 AM
jbradsh1, should we lock this for you?

I'll let you know at the end of this weekend, OK George?

GeorgeInNePa
03-21-2009, 05:17 AM
I'll let you know at the end of this weekend, OK George?

Absolutely, didn't mean to jump the gun.

;)

jbradsh1
03-23-2009, 12:19 PM
SOLD. OK George, now you can pull this ad. Thanks, I appreciate it.