PDA

View Full Version : Pedders EP1167 Diff bush supplemental install sheet

dms
03-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Here is a link to a supplemental install procedure for all of you to look at

Plus there is a special section ob enhancing the EP1167

I cannot post it on this forum because the file is too big.

Here it is:

http://forums.peddersusa.com/showthread.php?p=3918#post3918

thanks

mike
dms

99-LS1-SS
03-19-2009, 03:17 PM
Mike,
I have a question about the differential bushings. I read that the voids in the bushings were there to allow movement and reduce road noise. Do you have plans to create a solid bushing that is more purpose driven? What are the pros and cons of a solid differential bushing?

Thanks.

dms
03-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Mike,
I have a question about the differential bushings. I read that the voids in the bushings were there to allow movement and reduce road noise. Do you have plans to create a solid bushing that is more purpose driven? What are the pros and cons of a solid differential bushing?

Thanks.

Solid bushings are in the works. I have no idea in terms of time. But the draw back of the solid bushing may be a slight increase in road noise. There will still be some movement, There has to be or you will break parts too easily. For will be more stress put on other powertrain parts. This should only be a issue with the super hi HP cars doing drag racing. These are probably be guys that will need stronger half shafts and drivetrains anyways. But you will have instant torque transfer!.

But I think noise will be the biggest issue, but not that significant. I know a guy running delron bushings in the back. There is quite a bit of noise those transmit, and I think too much.

mike
dms

PerfectD3
03-30-2009, 07:09 AM
Hey DMS,

I've noticed all your write ups are stored as jpg's, if you send me the original docs (I'm assuming word formats) I can make them into pdf's for better resolution (and smaller file size) and easier reading.

Edit: If you want you can send all of your docs if you have the originals (whether for the G8 or not) and I can batch run them for you.

dms
04-15-2009, 06:29 PM
They will also be put on the forum in a better format as soon as deb basica gets caught up. The files are rather large with all the pictures and i do not have the software to do it. Deb and pete do.

Thanks for the assistance

mike
dms

g8sponge
10-18-2009, 04:56 PM
.pdf available?

dms
10-18-2009, 05:57 PM
.pdf available?

I think the only info posted is on the post above.

thanks
mike

vinzul
10-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Rods thur the bushing idea? Wouldn't the twist of the brushing cause the rods to break free from the glue and in the end shoot rods out at high speed...

dms
10-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Rods thur the bushing idea? Wouldn't the twist of the brushing cause the rods to break free from the glue and in the end shoot rods out at high speed...

I am "challenged" to understand what you are trying to relay. The center ferrules are designed to rotate within the bushing

mike
dms

GeorgeInNePa
10-21-2009, 06:12 PM
I am "challenged" to understand what you are trying to relay. The center ferrules are designed to rotate within the bushing

mike
dms

Mike,
I think he means the rods in the voids.

vinzul, the diff mounts cover the sides of the bushings, so you won't lose the rods.

I did the "fill the voids" mod when I installed the bushings last winter. I have at least 5000 miles on those bushings now. I didn't bother to glue them in.

dms
10-21-2009, 07:02 PM
We now havE A hd VERSION:
EP1167 Zeta Rear Differential Bush KiT.................................$108.36
EP1167Hd REAR ZETA HD DIFFERENTIAL BUSHING KIT NEW!.........$138.36

tHIS SHOULD RESOLVE THE CONCERNS HE MIGHT HAVE

MIKE
DMS

vinzul
10-21-2009, 07:54 PM
if you have 5000 miles on it i assume it works great.

it looks like to me that if one end of the bushing twist more then the other end at some point the rods will work loose.

but hey i don't know much.

i would like some solid ones.

also where can i get a deal on ped springs? also do i really need new shocks with them?

dms
10-24-2009, 11:36 AM
if you have 5000 miles on it i assume it works great.

it looks like to me that if one end of the bushing twist more then the other end at some point the rods will work loose.

but hey i don't know much.

i would like some solid ones.

also where can i get a deal on ped springs? also do i really need new shocks with them?

The first thing that Pedders did was a serious analysis of all Camaro Suspension components. Turns out the SS Camaro struts are pretty good. So we made our initial focus on other items. Pedde3rs USA was only given a certain amount of initial R&D in Australia. So the OE shocks are pretty good and will work well with our coils or anyone's drop coils. Does that mean we are not going to have dampers? No. We are in or near development of them now. Its just that it was not an initially critical upgrade.

You can order Pedders drop coils right on line or form any Pedders dealer

mike
dms