PDA

View Full Version : Throttle body sensor clip broke!!

BigRob
03-19-2009, 12:53 PM
So, stupid me, lol when i was installing the catch can (very nice, btw) i managed to snap the clip that holds the TB sensor in place. It seems like its still in there snug, but i can pull it out, it doesnt lock in like it used to. Is this going to be an issue? Should i order a new clip? perhaps a part # or price would be helpful. Thanks!! (i know, im no ASE certified mechanic. Im a guitar maker!):poof:

-Ray-
03-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Get a pic Rob. I broke a nipple of the pcv solenoid. The part wasn't too expensive. The part number may be listed on the part itself.
Greg@Pace will help you out.

BigRob
03-19-2009, 02:13 PM
it is this part right here...the part that plugs into the black sleeve with the wires on it. it still fits in there snug, but when i initially pulled it out, i heard a snap, and i could see the part that holds it in there snapped... it seems to still be in there snug, but i would like to ensure that it is secure...or just order a new one outright. Any help is appreciated!

-Ray-
03-19-2009, 02:19 PM
it is this part right here...the part that plugs into the black sleeve with the wires on it. it still fits in there snug, but when i initially pulled it out, i heard a snap, and i could see the part that holds it in there snapped... it seems to still be in there snug, but i would like to ensure that it is secure...or just order a new one outright. Any help is appreciated!

You are only missing the grey retainer. As long as the plug doesn't fall out, you'll be fine. Ask Greg at Pace for this clip. You can ask him directly in pace's forum.

R.Penguin
03-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Super glue my man. Super glue. :p

BluYa76
03-19-2009, 10:19 PM
That's funny you did the same thing I did...lol. Mine has been like this for this past week with no issues.

Tim

BigRob
03-20-2009, 12:15 AM
yeah, i didnt quite see exactly what the best way to take this out was... im definitely keeping an eye on it tho.

Mike P
03-20-2009, 03:13 AM
Get a pic Rob. I broke a nipple of the pcv solenoid. The part wasn't too expensive. The part number may be listed on the part itself.
Greg@Pace will help you out.

:talking to myself:

He said nipple. :)

GeorgeInNePa
03-20-2009, 03:28 AM
I had the serp belt miss-aligned and part of it came off. It must have whipped around like a snake because there was a black smear on the side of the TB and it tore that clip off while unplugging that plug. At 70mph. On the highway.

lol

I put a little dab of RTV on each side of that plug, plugged it back in, and let it cure. You can still pull it out, but it won't fall out by itself now.

BigRob
03-20-2009, 08:33 AM
You didn't try and replace the clip? I don't know if it's just me, but it looks like the wires and clip are one piece... LOL expensive I guess... I'll wait for greg to chime in, or I'll take a better pic of the actual piece and hopefully pace can direct me the right way

Greg@PacePerformance
03-20-2009, 10:36 AM
The part number for the replacement connector is 19115594 and the forum price would be $92.06 Retail is $153.46. GM does say it has GOLD plated terminals :p
Sorry guys that is about the best I can do. It is a pigtail so you would have to cut and splice the new one in.
Try www.EFIconnection.com (http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnection/electronic_throttle_components.aspx)
They list a pigtail for the L76 for 18.00 plus freight.

G8Smitty
03-20-2009, 11:17 AM
I did the same thing a month or so ago when I removed my TB for porting. It doesn't feel super snug, but it has been working just fine (knock, knock, knock). I totally forgot about it until I read this thread.

BigRob
03-20-2009, 01:31 PM
thanks greg, i appreciate it. the million dollar ? is if i want to order it, or just take my chances and see what happens. i was also thinking a piece of tape or something on the side to help keep it snug too. that sucks that it needs the whole part, not just the clip! ah well, my fault.

BigRob
03-20-2009, 01:32 PM
The part number for the replacement connector is 19115594 and the forum price would be $92.06 Retail is $153.46. GM does say it has GOLD plated terminals :p
Sorry guys that is about the best I can do. It is a pigtail so you would have to cut and splice the new one in.
Try www.EFIconnection.com (http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnection/electronic_throttle_components.aspx)
They list a pigtail for the L76 for 18.00 plus freight.

the connector is the male or female part? the male part is the one with the broken clip... is that number for the whole assembly?

GRRRR8
03-20-2009, 01:34 PM
You can put a dab of clear silicone on the side of the plug and then when it dries it is wiggle proof and wont come off. You can still unplug as normal.

BigRob
03-20-2009, 01:36 PM
sweet! i was waiting for you to chime in! clear silicone, any brand/type to look for at autozone or is it avail anywhere else?

GRRRR8
03-20-2009, 01:37 PM
sweet! i was waiting for you to chime in! clear silicone, any brand/type to look for at autozone or is it avail anywhere else?

Any parts store any brand. Black will work just fine to. Just wipe off the excess so it looks pretty. :)

BigRob
03-20-2009, 01:40 PM
right on dude. going to buy right now. btw, your ride is looking badass. i was driving earlier today, and i really thought, i wonder how badass it is going to be to drive when its all done. you really got some loot to do it all, and that is a blessing. anyhow, off to autozone i go! thanks

GeorgeInNePa
03-20-2009, 01:57 PM
You can put a dab of clear silicone on the side of the plug and then when it dries it is wiggle proof and wont come off. You can still unplug as normal.

Any parts store any brand. Black will work just fine to. Just wipe off the excess so it looks pretty. :)

Could have sworn I said that...

lol

BigRob
03-20-2009, 02:56 PM
that you did!! lol i didnt quite know what rtv was, but i just went and put a healthy amount on the side of the plug, not anywhere near the sensor parts, and got it back in to let it set. i might check it in a few hrs, but if its in there good, i might not even want to mess with it.