PDA

View Full Version : The first shift of the day into drive question

SRG963
03-19-2009, 04:14 AM
So, I've had this "problem" since day one. It hasn't gotten worse, but hasn't gotten any better either.

It happens only on cold starts, and reversing doesn't help any.

The first time I place the shifter into Drive, I hear a clunk when the gear engages.

I consider this normal since it's been doing it since day one, but is this normal?

SRG963
03-19-2009, 04:17 AM
and yes, my tranny fluid has been checked.

jeppsG8
03-19-2009, 04:22 AM
Mine does the same thing if the car has not been warmed up. If I let the car run for at least 2-3 minutes, it seems to be less harsh, but no matter what, the first shift into drive causes a clunk and lunge if I am not solid on the brake pedal. I consider it normal, but it is rough.

SRG963
03-19-2009, 04:34 AM
Mine does the same thing if the car has not been warmed up. If I let the car run for at least 2-3 minutes, it seems to be less harsh, but no matter what, the first shift into drive causes a clunk and lunge if I am not solid on the brake pedal. I consider it normal, but it is rough.

Cool. Glad I'm not the only one :)

Chewy
03-19-2009, 04:39 AM
Most times mine has been remotely started but I don't notice anything odd when I DO start it cold. I always let the car idle for a while and let it come off of start up high idle before shifting though.

MANOFSTEEL69
03-19-2009, 04:43 AM
Most times mine has been remotely started but I don't notice anything odd when I DO start it cold. I always let the car idle for a while and let it come off of start up high idle before shifting though.

Ha! Remotely started! Lol! You might as well just get in the car! Shittiest range ever for a remote start. But staying on topic, yes the car is pretty clunky on the first start of the day. As for the lunge...I have that problem all day :nah::prostock:

Chewy
03-19-2009, 04:45 AM
Ha! Remotely started! Lol! You might as well just get in the car! Shittiest range ever for a remote start. But staying on topic, yes the car is pretty clunky on the first start of the day. As for the lunge...I have that problem all day :nah::prostock:

Yeah but my garage is within the 10ft range... lol :)

BigRob
03-21-2009, 01:14 AM
Cool. Glad I'm not the only one :)

lol misery loves company :nah: