PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Air Bag Light

09GT
08-24-2008, 06:37 AM
Hey guys, I looked but found nothing about this and wanted to know if anyone else has/had this problem. When a passenger sits on the passenger side of my 09 G8, the passenger side air bag light on the mirror takes a few seconds to kick on. That is fine. When cruising and the person moves, adjusts, coughs or sometimes does nothing the light will turn to (OFF) mode. This is with a person between 135-185. Only 3 people have rode shotgun and none of which could maintain an active (ON) throughout a ride. Last night in particular My wife rode with me and at no point could I get the light to come on. I even read my manual on the sensor and followed the steps they recommend. My concern of course is what happens if they are adjusting when i get T-boned or head on god forbid. Anyway appointment on Wednesday until then no passengers. :hmm:

wreckwriter
08-24-2008, 06:59 AM
Mine shows none of these issues. My wife is 100 lbs soaking wet and it stays on for her.

G8V8
08-24-2008, 07:07 AM
Mine shows none of these issues. My wife is 100 lbs soaking wet and it stays on for her.

Same here.

macgto
08-24-2008, 07:49 AM
When my son sits in the front seat, sometimes the airbag is on, other times not. Does anyone know what type of sensors are on the seat? is it just a weight thing, or does it also have to do with seat position/height, dependent on weight?

mac

GXPaycheck
08-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Wasn't there a service campain about this?

09GT
08-24-2008, 12:05 PM
thanks for the input guys. I will let you all know the outcome in case any of our others members encounter the problem. Until its fixed its just me riding in the car.

R.Penguin
08-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Hey guys, I looked but found nothing about this and wanted to know if anyone else has/had this problem. When a passenger sits on the passenger side of my 09 G8, the passenger side air bag light on the mirror takes a few seconds to kick on. That is fine. When cruising and the person moves, adjusts, coughs or sometimes does nothing the light will turn to (OFF) mode. This is with a person between 135-185. Only 3 people have rode shotgun and none of which could maintain an active (ON) throughout a ride. Last night in particular My wife rode with me and at no point could I get the light to come on. I even read my manual on the sensor and followed the steps they recommend. My concern of course is what happens if they are adjusting when i get T-boned or head on god forbid. Anyway appointment on Wednesday until then no passengers. :hmm:
Mine worked fine 'til I farted in the pass. seat. :p

GRRRR8
08-25-2008, 04:48 AM
Now thats the Penquin I know! lol

G8GTlawride
10-18-2008, 06:05 PM
thanks for the input guys. I will let you all know the outcome in case any of our others members encounter the problem. Until its fixed its just me riding in the car.

Whatever happened in your airbag issue. Mine has begun doing the same.