PDA

View Full Version : Pics of new gauges

Darkside
03-18-2009, 06:10 PM
I got the dual pod from JHP and just received my gauges from AeroForce. It seems like the choices of parameters to scan is unlimited. Very nice gauges!

The pictures aren't the best, I just got done with the install.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Darkside/Ngtgaugesflash.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Darkside/Nightgauges.jpg

SLVRG8GT
03-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Looks nice! :D Isnt there a speaker located undernear that pod?

PantherGTBlack
03-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Looks good!

Steve
03-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Like how they blend in! Very nice

JerzeyGT
03-18-2009, 08:46 PM
NICEEEEEEEEEE:headbang:

stryker g8gt
03-19-2009, 03:59 AM
NICE!!!

How much trouble was it to do this Mod??? been looking at that pod for a while, myself.

wreckwriter
03-19-2009, 04:30 AM
Obviously you got the wires fished through. Any problems?

MANOFSTEEL69
03-19-2009, 04:45 AM
Looks nice! Looking forward to seeing it in person at Norwalk! ;)

Darkside
03-19-2009, 05:15 AM
Thanks guys, I am happy with the setup.

The install was easier than I thought it would be. Took the cover off and speaker temporarily out. Took a coat hanger and fished it halfway down the dash. You have to take the kick panel off, and wiggle your hand up to get the coat hanger. Taped the wires to the hanger and pull it up.

Our cars require a separate power supply for the AeroForce gauges. The OBD port will power them but they won't shut off. Since I've sworn off working with wires that don't plug in, my friend wired the gauge to the 12V accessory plug in the center.

As far as the speaker goes, its pretty lame to begin with. I drove around for the day without the speaker in and didn't notice any difference. I put it back in under the gauges anyways.

Now its time to finish the Dynomat project.

wreckwriter
03-19-2009, 05:18 AM
I bet your fish was easier due to removing the speaker. I couldn't get one of the screws loose on mine so I fished around it.

VegasNate
03-19-2009, 06:14 AM
Thanks guys, I am happy with the setup.

The install was easier than I thought it would be. Took the cover off and speaker temporarily out. Took a coat hanger and fished it halfway down the dash. You have to take the kick panel off, and wiggle your hand up to get the coat hanger. Taped the wires to the hanger and pull it up.

Our cars require a separate power supply for the AeroForce gauges. The OBD port will power them but they won't shut off. Since I've sworn off working with wires that don't plug in, my friend wired the gauge to the 12V accessory plug in the center.

As far as the speaker goes, its pretty lame to begin with. I drove around for the day without the speaker in and didn't notice any difference. I put it back in under the gauges anyways.

Now its time to finish the Dynomat project.

The twins shall remain! I also installed my aeroforce gauges yesterday and mine shut off even with power from obdII port. I tested it and it takes about 10 minutes to shut off.

confused2much
03-19-2009, 06:35 AM
Those look pretty good. Doesn't sound like they were too hard to install either.

DallasGT
03-19-2009, 07:56 AM
Looks very nice...

I do wish we could see a little bit more info. on the G8s as we drive. Has anyone looked at the Scangauge II ? I'm wondering if it would fit in the slot where the '08 Atari guages used to go. I think it goes for around $160.

WhyteSS
03-19-2009, 08:09 AM
that helps to make up for the no gauges storage space. well done.

pkeplinger@unitedcommunit
04-12-2009, 11:06 AM
is there an easy way to remove the dash speaker cover? I'd like to unhook mine.

Thanks

wreckwriter
04-12-2009, 02:54 PM
is there an easy way to remove the dash speaker cover? I'd like to unhook mine.

Thanks

It just pops out, start at the back (by the windshield) and pry up GENTLY.

BlownG8GT
04-13-2009, 06:45 AM
so you found zero difference in the quality of the stereo with the center stage speaker removed?

Darkside
04-13-2009, 02:42 PM
The speaker remains underneath the gauges, and I don't notice any difference.