PDA

View Full Version : radiator top hose

ScottDawe
07-08-2018, 04:58 PM
Looks like it is a common issue that the retaining ring breaks and separates causing the top hose to come off. Has anyone on here seen and used the new part number 92234040 to see if GM corrected/fixed the issue? Mine broke and the hose came off and I'm trying to determine if I should do the quick fix of a hose clamp, or replace the radiator with the new part#. Thanks everyone!

STL_G8GT
07-08-2018, 06:30 PM
Last I heard, and I may be wrong here, but people were going with the cold case radiator instead because they didn't have any confidence that the stock one wouldn't do the same thing again.

Then again, the last guy that installed the cold case unit needed to install it with a big freaking hammer to get it to clear the frame rails. They have some fitment issues here and there...

Maybe get with Greg@PacePerformance and see if he has any info on the new part number...

norm8332
07-08-2018, 07:58 PM
I recommend replacing it with ADPI/PRO here for $100..https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/pontiac,2008,g8,6.0l+v8,1441142,cooling+system,rad iator,2172

ScottDawe
07-17-2018, 11:50 AM
I received a picture sent to me from a dealer who had a brand new radiator. Does not seem to have any improvements to design to correct the upper hose connection issue.

chief.pontiac
01-12-2022, 11:18 AM
I also had the radiator top hose blow out problem.
It only needs a little force to hold it in place.
I decided to fix it myself by bending a short piece of zinc coated metal around the radiator cap neck. (see pictures)

The bottom and top radiator lips are the same design but no one ever complains about the bottom one breaking.
I believe the top one is breaking because people are leaning on it when working on the car.
Mine broke about 1 month after having the dealer replace the harmonic balancer.
I believe they inadvertently cracked it and soon afterwards it broke.

28795 28796 28794