PDA

View Full Version : Brake options

Big Daddy G8
03-18-2009, 05:13 AM
Well, after another track day at VIR yesterday, it has become evident that a brake upgrade is definitely in order! I am torn over waiting for the GXP upgrade that has been discussed at length in another thread, or going with something like DBA vented (not drilled) rotors and a set of Hawk pads. I don't know if anyone else has seen it, but there are Hawk pads listed on :poof::poof:, but not on Hawk's site yet. I emailed the seller and they "are positive they are for the G8 because they just got them in a few weeks ago and have sold 3 sets."

Anyway, what would be the plus and minuses of either option?

Thanks for opinions and input.

Big Daddy

Also, usually not a big fan of the emoticon thing, but this would have been what was coming out of the wheels yesterday. And according to the post preview, the damn things showed up in the middle of the text over "Ebay"
Sorry for the newbie mistake.

G8V8
03-18-2009, 06:42 AM
Look through Crazy paul's threads in the vendor section. There is one with some good sounding pads you might want to look at.

Chewy
03-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Yeah Paul is the man for parts for these if you don't want to take your chances on the "Hawk" pads.

I want a pad with great fade resistance, stopping power and low dust.

Chris

p71
03-18-2009, 07:03 AM
get the aftermarket pads and rotors for the rear and the gxp pads and calipers up front with the aftermarket rotors...

Also gt better tires on the rear so that those rear brakes do something.