PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Tank Filler Door Lock

DySea
03-28-2018, 05:57 PM
My '09 G8 won't let me fill up! The door refuses to open. It started out being just one time and when I locked and unlocked the doors it released the actuator. But every time I went to fill up after that it got harder and harder to persuade it to open, until now it refuses to budge.

DySea
03-31-2018, 12:27 PM
Ok, I coaxed it to open again after about 20 trys at it. I cleaned it up a bit with a dust rag. And now it closes but does not lock. I suppose that is better than not being able to get gas when I need it. Does it sound like a faulty actuator or a sticky latch?

STL_G8GT
03-31-2018, 05:15 PM
Ok, I coaxed it to open again after about 20 trys at it. I cleaned it up a bit with a dust rag. And now it closes but does not lock. I suppose that is better than not being able to get gas when I need it. Does it sound like a faulty actuator or a sticky latch?Could you try to jumper the actuator to test?

Gael
05-19-2021, 05:44 PM
I'm pretty sure it was very frustrating, and I had a similar situation a few days ago. My BMW key lock was completely unreachable with my key, and I had to look for a locksmith everywhere in the town. It's not the easiest part of a day for someone in Durham to look for a cheap and fast locksmith. Most of them are hearing urgent and never bother coming, or even worse, ask three times more than what the cheapest locksmith in Durham (https://swiftlocksmithinc.com/locksmith-durham-nc/) has you pay! I don't even know how some people still stay in business!