PDA

View Full Version : Maggie and Livernois Cam pkg.

ThugHunter
03-16-2009, 01:45 AM
I've seen a couple cammed G8's and a couple Maggie's on others, but was curious if anyone has put the two together yet. What kind of HP/TQ would be expected with a cam and Magnuson supercharger? If both mods were done, would stock internals handle it or would a swap for forged internals be necessary? What about the powertrain upgrades, what mods would be necessary to handle the additional power?

I imagine if both were done at the same time by a company like Livernois, there would be a little discount on the install. If anyone from Livernois would enlighten me on the price of both mods together-installed at the same time, that'd be great.

MANOFSTEEL69
03-16-2009, 02:44 AM
Haven't done it yet, but it's coming. I'm going to do the heads first and see where I'm at, then the Maggie. Cam, heads, and Maggie should put me around 550-575RWHP

-Ray-
03-16-2009, 03:03 AM
I've seen a couple cammed G8's and a couple Maggie's on others, but was curious if anyone has put the two together yet. What kind of HP/TQ would be expected with a cam and Magnuson supercharger? If both mods were done, would stock internals handle it or would a swap for forged internals be necessary? What about the powertrain upgrades, what mods would be necessary to handle the additional power?

I imagine if both were done at the same time by a company like Livernois, there would be a little discount on the install. If anyone from Livernois would enlighten me on the price of both mods together-installed at the same time, that'd be great.

Pm Andy. I'm sure he would be happy to work up a quote for you with some preliminary numbers.

johnh
03-16-2009, 05:42 AM
Wondering the same thing myself as too what the power is, be nice to do a decent cam that's blower friendly...

Both together are out of my short term (~12 months) mod budget, but I could see that happening long term.

Livernois Motorsports
03-16-2009, 07:15 AM
The LS engine family is pretty stout and can take a lot of power with factory internals. With these mods together, the engine would need to breathe better and require headers/exhaust, fuel system, and likely transmission modifications.

We built a 6.0L Corvette for a guy that has the factory shortblock, our stage 3 CNC LS2 cylinder heads, stage 1 cam, and a ProCharger that makes 651 RWHP and has over 30,000 very hard miles on the setup. He does mix race gas and pump gas at this level, but the car runs 10's @ 140 mph with a 500 lb. driver. Obviously, this is a lot of power for factory parts and we will tell you up front that there is no guarantee on factory parts at that level.

Since the G8 has L92 heads, you will not need to change the heads, but we will do a valve job while the heads are off for the DOD Delete/cam install.

Andy@Livernois quotes all of the shop jobs, so you can pm him for pricing or call him directly at 313-561-5500 ex. 1301.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

99-LS1-SS
03-16-2009, 07:17 AM
The LS engine family is pretty stout and can take a lot of power with factory internals. With these mods together, the engine would need to breathe better and require headers/exhaust, fuel system, and likely transmission modifications.

We built a 6.0L Corvette for a guy that has the factory shortblock, our stage 3 CNC LS2 cylinder heads, stage 1 cam, and a ProCharger that makes 651 RWHP and has over 30,000 very hard miles on the setup. He does mix race gas and pump gas at this level, but the car runs 10's @ 140 mph with a 500 lb. driver. Obviously, this is a lot of power for factory parts and we will tell you up front that there is no guarantee on factory parts at that level.

Since the G8 has L92 heads, you will not need to change the heads, but we will do a valve job while the heads are off for the DOD Delete/cam install.

Andy@Livernois quotes all of the shop jobs, so you can pm him for pricing or call him directly at 313-561-5500 ex. 1301.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Holy big dude!!!

Darkside
03-16-2009, 07:26 AM
Haven't done it yet, but it's coming. I'm going to do the heads first and see where I'm at, then the Maggie. Cam, heads, and Maggie should put me around 550-575RWHP

Better buy stock in Nitto's or Hoosiers.

He does mix race gas and pump gas at this level, but the car runs 10's @ 140 mph with a 500 lb. driver.
Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Is he a african american? I remember someone fitting this bill at Norwalk before.

Livernois Motorsports
03-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Better buy stock in Nitto's or Hoosiers.

Is he a african american? I remember someone fitting this bill at Norwalk before.

LOL

Yes, but the car rarely sees a track. It's mostly a street car.

-Rick

Chewy
03-16-2009, 09:02 AM
500lb driver in a Vette? How in the hell does he fit? DAMN!

Livernois Motorsports
03-16-2009, 09:13 AM
500lb driver in a Vette? How in the hell does he fit? DAMN!

It's interesting....

-Rick

MANOFSTEEL69
03-16-2009, 09:29 AM
15lbs of shit in a 5lbs bag lol!

confused2much
03-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Damn, that's a big dude!

BigRob
03-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Wow! Nice numbers!

ThugHunter