PDA

View Full Version : Intro, catching up, G8 #2 Sorta semi build thread thing

SgtSavage
11-26-2017, 01:34 PM
I must be bored, I have no participated on a car forum in a while but I'm here now. So here we go.

I picked up my first 09 GT a few years back, did the basic FBO/Tune with forgestar build (yay!)

photos are attached. car made ~400/400 to the tire, and it was pretty fun, never should have sold it. live and learn.

Picked up my second GT about 9 months ago, read never should have sold it above ^. The search took a while, wanted a 1 owner, stock, under 100k car. Finally found the MGM I'm currently turning into a money burning dumpster.

Fast forward from stock to + built milled head/ 229/244 112 lsa cam/ Glanzer 5" intake with ls7 card / kooks 1 7/8" long tubes / solo cat back (no cats) / V1 brakes / pedders coilovers / Weld RTS / blah blah blah.

Car is very much still a work in progress, with much more planned. End goal is to have a decently quick, comfortable, reliable, daily driver capable driver. Wont be the fastest, wont make the most power, will always be a boat. Eventually I'd like to push into the upper 700's border line 800 at the tire, but I want to build the trans, get upgraded axles and do some more suspension stuff before then.

SgtSavage
11-26-2017, 01:36 PM
few more random shots of the build, and my dog because who doesn't like doggos.

Also, the Black G8 on CCW Classics. This car has been a desktop background for me for a few years. I know that car is long gone from the original owner, but I still think it's perfect.

Unavowed
11-26-2017, 03:28 PM
Good looking car. Keep pressing forward on the build. I'm still on the stock drivetrain too. You can push it pretty far with a few little things; deep Camaro pan, overfilled by a quart or 2, dedicated cooler and most importantly a good trans tune.

SgtSavage
11-26-2017, 07:04 PM
Good looking car. Keep pressing forward on the build. I'm still on the stock drivetrain too. You can push it pretty far with a few little things; deep Camaro pan, overfilled by a quart or 2, dedicated cooler and most importantly a good trans tune.

What's your set up?

Unavowed
11-26-2017, 08:50 PM
Tt 417.

SgtSavage
11-26-2017, 09:18 PM
Tt 417.

That thing is gorgeous. Twins, also awesome.

birdmang8
11-27-2017, 04:28 AM
Where did you find those clear sidemarker lights?

Unavowed
11-27-2017, 05:04 AM
Where did you find those clear sidemarker lights?

http://klearz.com/g8_side_markers

Keep an eye on the for sale section.

Unavowed
11-27-2017, 05:05 AM
That thing is gorgeous. Twins, also awesome.

Thank you. Yours looks great too. Enjoy the build!