PDA

View Full Version : Hazard Lights!!!

jboogie
03-15-2009, 02:03 PM
I was cleaning off my screen and accidentally hit the hazard light button. IDK what happened but they wont shut off now! WTF!! I have been all through my owners manual and all 3 fuse panels and dont see a fuse for the hazards!!

I will be taking the car into the dealership monday but i dont want to drain my batt over night.

HELP!!

G8GT721
03-15-2009, 02:18 PM
did you try disconnecting the battery, probably wont help but worth a shot

jboogie
03-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Ive got it disconnected right now.. Just looking for what may be going wrong.

RacerxG8
03-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Don't shoot me for this but I gotta ask........did you push the button again to turn them off?

jboogie
03-15-2009, 02:56 PM
LOL! I think i hit that thing fifty or sixty times. It no workie now..

Im just gonna leave the batt disconnected until morning.

SLVRG8GT
03-15-2009, 03:03 PM
wow thats a weird one. I'll do like you said already. pull the cable to save the battery and bring it to the dealer in the morinng. let us know what it was.

GTX
03-15-2009, 04:02 PM
I know you said you tried pushing the button to turn them off. But have you tried turning on the car and then pressing the button?

GTX
03-15-2009, 04:17 PM
I found some usefull information here:
http://www.users.on.net/~nweber/commodore/tech/index.html#vs-indicators

VS Commodore Indicators Stop Working
If your indicators suddenly don't work anymore, odds on the fault will be caused by a faulty hazard switch. Holden relay the indicators through the hazard switch and if it is not used for a length of time the contacts crud up. The easy fix is to get a new swith and fit it, for 18 bucks, it will save you a lot of heartache at the auto electricians in terms of labour costs!! Oh and by the way, check your fuses first!!

It seems as though the hazard switch has problems itself. When searching, I seen several posts about faulty hazard/signal switch.

jboogie
03-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Thanks for that info!! The car is going in to the service dept tomorrow. Im still under warranty so they can fix it.. :)

jboogie
03-16-2009, 07:44 AM
Just spoke to my service guy and he said that the switch for the hazards is inside the face of the radio and is soldiered onto the main board and is not service dept replaceable.. They have to replace the face of the radio.

SLVRG8GT
03-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Just spoke to my service guy and he said that the switch for the hazards is inside the face of the radio and is soldiered onto the main board and is not service dept replaceable.. They have to replace the face of the radio.

Go Figure :stooges:

G8GT721
03-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Doh!, that sucks how long is the wait for the radio

-Ray-
03-16-2009, 03:48 PM
So...........can you drive you car? Did they give you a Geo Tracker to drive? :)

GTX
03-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Wow! So what happens when you change out the radio to aftermarket? I guess that would take away your blinkers, hazards and viod the warranty???

Steve
03-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Can't service it?? BULL ... SH!T... 'Dont want /know how to service it' more likely...

Had mine apart several times.
Ignore the small PCB with the white connector in my picture - You won' t have that there since I was test fitting something ;) The switch is right underneath (brown color - red outline)

Circled in Red: the wire that connects the switch to the main PCB.
The two arrows point to the 2 screws that hold the switch in place.
If you take those out and the switch will come right out - The switch itself is a hollow piece of plastic that you can just slide out of the housing with a metal bar with 2 legs running underneath it in some grooves. Bet that moved making it not register the button pressing (I put it in wrong once and had the same issue).

http://forum.grrrr8.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1275&stc=1&d=1237401568

Btw - if they let you keep the old one - i'll take it ;)

R.Penguin
03-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Good work!

Sh*tweasel dealers :(

jboogie
03-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Doh!, that sucks how long is the wait for the radio
3 days. They gave me a G6 to drive while i waited.. That car sucked balls

jboogie
03-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Wow! So what happens when you change out the radio to aftermarket? I guess that would take away your blinkers, hazards and viod the warranty???

I looked in all 3 fuse box's for a fuse for the hazards and there wasnt one.. when i did pull the one for the turn signals the lights kept flashing.. Guess they are integrated in with something else.

I was under the impression that we couldnt do aftermarket HU's because of the climate control stuff being integrated into the radio.. I guess the hazards just add to that issue.

jboogie
03-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Can't service it?? BULL ... SH!T... 'Dont want /know how to service it' more likely...

Had mine apart several times.
Ignore the small PCB with the white connector in my picture - You won' t have that there since I was test fitting something ;) The switch is right underneath (brown color - red outline)

Circled in Red: the wire that connects the switch to the main PCB.
The two arrows point to the 2 screws that hold the switch in place.
If you take those out and the switch will come right out - The switch itself is a hollow piece of plastic that you can just slide out of the housing with a metal bar with 2 legs running underneath it in some grooves. Bet that moved making it not register the button pressing (I put it in wrong once and had the same issue).

Btw - if they let you keep the old one - i'll take it ;)

Nope, they didnt let me keep the old one. :(

This service dept is not very good and i dont really like taking my car there but they were the closest to me so i used them. When the paint on my steering wheel was peeling they wanted me to bring it in for them to look at.. I had to ask the guy if he ever saw paint peeling off of plastic and he said yes. I said it looks like that and im not coming in there just for u to see it again. Let me speak to the service manager. I got the service manager on the phone and he told the guy to order the part.

g8tofast
03-21-2009, 03:53 PM

That's right Ive already had one replaced because the switch kept on getting stuck all the time.