PDA

View Full Version : Thrown a couple codes today

MongosG8
09-24-2017, 01:36 PM
Hey guys.. I threw a couple codes today out of the blue ..P0102 MAF sensor low circuit freq. & P0101 MAF sensor Performance. Plus O2 rear sensor codes P2271 & P2272.

G8 has 34k on her. Checked everything. Have not driven it hard just a scoot here and there.

Any reason why this might of happened? Should I clear them and wait and see?
I was thinking about cleaning the MAF Sensor and reinstalling it and clearing the codes to see if they come back.

Thanks
Mark

tchr49
09-24-2017, 04:24 PM
I'd go with clearing them and see what happens.

STL_G8GT
09-24-2017, 09:01 PM
Drive it more... You need to get your mileage above mine hahaha.

Yes, I'd clear and see what's what. Car run fine?

jstclair
09-25-2017, 06:00 AM
Clean the sensor, check for vacuum leaks

MongosG8
09-25-2017, 07:50 AM
I'd go with clearing them and see what happens.

Drive it more... You need to get your mileage above mine hahaha.
Yes, I'd clear and see what's what. Car run fine?

Clean the sensor, check for vacuum leaks

Fred I went ahead and cleaned the MAF and cleared the codes.

LMAO!! Pete a couple of my buddies yelled at me and said drive the fucking thing more mark and maybe it will run better.

The car has been running rough ..hesitating a little when I hit the gas Or just start off from a red light slowly it sometimes hesitated.

I have mass air flow cleaner so I sprayed it down..but before I did I checked for any vacuum leaks. I couldn't find anything that might of caused it .

I had a job interview this morning So far nothing came back on it just could've been a dirty MAF sensor.

Some people are telling me to change the plugs/wires even though I only have 34k ..Should I throw a pair of OEM plugs in again just for shits and giggles for the hesitation?