PDA

View Full Version : Map sensor Kpa readings from dashhawk

liquidred1
03-14-2009, 01:15 PM
While im idling in park i get a reading of 40kpa. When my car is at wot should i have a manifold pressure of 100kpa? Or would that happen only in a perfect condition where air/fuel ratios are perfect? I thought i read somewhere that anything above 100kpa was a positive pressure, meaning there is boost above 100kpa

What can the 40kpa tell me about my car? What readings are you others getting when idling in park? I have a rotofab intake.

liquidred1
03-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Am i not making any sense at all? Sorry if its a strange question, im still a newb when it comes to trying to learn about cars. Just trying to make sense of some of my dashhawk readings. Most of them i have no idea what they are for.

Blackrider
03-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Am i not making any sense at all? Sorry if its a strange question, im still a newb when it comes to trying to learn about cars. Just trying to make sense of some of my dashhawk readings. Most of them i have no idea what they are for.

40 kPa is telling you you have a vacuum in the intake manifold, and 40kPa is normal at idle.

Intake manifold 40 Kpa = low pressure, atmospheric pressure 101 Kpa = High pressure, high pressure moves to low pressure = Vacuum.

At WOT You want to be as close to the current atmospheric pressure as possible. A little trick, turn the engine off and the kPa reading the dashhawk gives you is the current barometric pressure.

If you're seeing the same intake manifold pressure as barometric pressure that would be telling you there is no restriction from the filter to the sensor which is what you want.

kPa is just another pressure unit

101 kPa = about 14.7PSI which is also considered "1 atmosphere" as thats the pressure at sea level.

So if you see anything over the current atmospheric pressure you are as you said seeing boost.

rclinton
03-15-2009, 12:29 AM

I'm in the same boat as you, trying to figure out all the information the DashHawk is telling me. Reading kPa vice PSI isn't helping. Glad I have a unit converter on my iTouch.